Dressing Better Vol 2.0

hi guys!

Major lurker here.. Been lurking for years and following all these threads. Loving some of the looks you guys have posted here and the fashion choices made.

First and foremost, gotta declare my Lakers fandom! 

Now back to the thread: My company has just started a new fashion portal that's basically exactly what this thread is about called VAUNTSTYLE. You can post looks and state items etc. We're a new company and I'm really hoping to get the Niketalk bump lol.

It's currently also invite only, but you guys can use my screenname as the invite code to sign up at www.vauntstyle.com

Really hoping you guys will help a bro out and help kickstart our Vauntstyle community! 

*edit: oh and since we're basically in realllyyy beta stage, ALL feedback is welcome! Just PM me or something.

Last edited:
I tried on some clarks desert boots in store the other week and did not like them, way too plain for me. Any suggestions to similar boots. I mean I like the way they look off the foot, but on the foot with jeans looked terrible to me, I ended up getting some wallabees instead

I tried on some clarks desert boots in store the other week and did not like them, way too plain for me. Any suggestions to similar boots. I mean I like the way they look off the foot, but on the foot with jeans looked terrible to me, I ended up getting some wallabees instead

Check out Vans OTW collection. They have really nice mid top and chukka style shoes.

Howells would be there desert boots

Stovepipes are just great in general

http://www.vans.com/microsites/otw/howell.php

Does dockers not make the olive alpha khakis anymore or what?

Last edited:
Does dockers not make the olive alpha khakis anymore or what?

I've been wondering the same thing!! I was looking for some on the website when the sale was going on and didn't see them. Then I went to Macy's the same weekend and didn't see them either. I don't know where they went... :frown:

EDIT:

They have new camo Alphas:

Last edited:
never liked the way people wore their baseball caps over their ears. guess its the baseball player in me. nice fit regardless

Wj4 your transformation is just amazing, nice job man.

Anyways, anybody doing scarves this fall/winter? I've been looking for a nice olive scarf and can't find a decent one... any suggestions?

never liked the way people wore their baseball caps over their ears. guess its the baseball player in me. nice fit regardless
I don't think its that serious (regarding the its the baseball player in me) you probably like me just don't like how it looks. I don't like it but I also don't like trying on 50'11 caps just to get one that fits right where my ears don't look stupid cause how the cap pushes them down. I also ordered one off eastbay in my size and thats how it fits and even though its not my style I wasn't going to do all that returning jazz.

I stopped by the local Nordstrom Rack and saw a bunch of Eastland boots and Cole Haan models for around $100. If you are in the market for one and there is a Rack nearby, may want to swing by.

Saw this Ralph Lauren piece at the local Macys too...pretty much, but not $200 nice.
tumblr_mcqefq2QcO1rux7jzo1_500.jpg

Saw this online, I thought, I HAVE to have this :wow:

Saw the price :\ :smh:

/\/\/\/\ Gotta get that sweater.

Dressed up as Mark Mcnairy in all my Mcnairy for Halloween today.
Mark Mcnairy for Bee Line shirt and jacket. Baldwin Camo pants. Mark Mcnairy brogues.
29os4ft.png

53sj20.png

Last edited:
Saw this online, I thought, I HAVE to have this :wow:
Saw the price :\ :smh:
I bought it today for 25% off a presale..picking it up tomorrow. FYI for those interested. Only 30% wool, but I dig the slightly slouchy fit.

Since there was talk about bow ties:

Wj4 your transformation is just amazing, nice job man.
Anyways, anybody doing scarves this fall/winter? I've been looking for a nice olive scarf and can't find a decent one... any suggestions?
I actually got bigger than that. I was about 200 or so in that pic, I ballooned up to 220 lbs and dropped to 140. Now I'm at a comfy 155 lbs.

I have 3 scarves from last year that I use in rotation...light gray, gray windowpane and a blue one...nothing crazy.

For those of you whose job require you to wear business attire daily (wj4 :nerd: lol), how often do you guys dry clean your clothes?
Any tips on how to care for them in between dry cleaning?

For those of you whose job require you to wear business attire daily (wj4 :nerd: lol), how often do you guys dry clean your clothes?
I dry clean my trousers as need be, same with my jackets. I wash my shirts at home. Need be meaning when I wear them x number of times or when I stain them prematurely.

How to size on Clark Wallabees? Same as Clark DB size?

Also, where can i get them for cheap? I don;t really want to pay retail for them

I dry clean my trousers as need be, same with my jackets. I wash my shirts at home. Need be meaning when I wear them x number of times or when I stain them prematurely.
Thanks. Reason I ask is because I've heard dry cleaning your clothes excessively is bad. Also heard of people only dry cleaning their suits once per season, which is OD in my opinion, but I guess it also depends on your rotation and how often you wear them obviously.

I have been lurking this thread for months. Finally decided to hit a couple of GWs on my route home. Scored a pair of Allen Edmonds that had been recrafted for $35. Looking to Flip or trade. I am a newbie at this though.

Nice pickup. What model was it ?

Last edited:
Bought this the other day on PLNDR for $48.00 shipped [30% off + another 6% from my CC rebate program]:

Can't wait to rock it with the Clark's x Supreme Wallabees I just copped too:

Back
Top Bottom