Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Looking to pick up a light grey soon, similar to the one Daniel Craig had in skyfall. What are your guys thoughts on ranking below taking into consideration quality, costs, overall fit and satisfaction

1. Suitsupply
2. Indochino
3. Thick as thieves (for those who have it)

Just to add to what Adrian said and to add my two cents regarding Indochino:

If you are within the size range that Thick As Thieves caters too and don't mind the waiting, go with them. For the price it's frankly the best bang for your buck considering the customization options and it being fully canvassed. I have one SS suit, same one as Adrian actually. He pretty much nailed it. I do have 3 Indochino suits.

Indochino is great if you nail down your measurements. You're better off adding a 1/2" to all your measurements once you've doubled checked them as it is easier to to get it tailored than having it remade. I recently ordered the light gray Prince of Wales and had to have the waistcoat and jacket remade. The fabric I'm actually pretty happy with, although I have no clue what mill the fabrics are from. At $320 for an essential 2 piece, with a $75 credit is a GREAT deal. As Adrian said if you want to save some money, go with Indochino. I suggest sending pictures of a well fitting suit if you have one with your order or send a picture of you standing so they get a better idea of your physique.

Hey yall.

Looking for something besides sneakers to wear with black jeans.

Was thinking chelsea boots but wasn't too sure where to find a decent pair for cheap.

Help is appreciated.

Henny - clean fit and great fitment of jeans, you always standing in a battle stance or like you're not sure if you're about to play dance dance revolution...

Looking to buy a denim jacket to layer over regular shirts and also hoodies.

Im normally a medium when it comes to clothing. Should the jacket also be a medium or should I size up to a L/XL?

Last edited:
What's the difference between half and fully canvassed?
hahaha, this question started a pretty heated debate last time it was posed . . . I'm not well versed in the topic, so I'll leave it to the big dogs to sort out.

Looking to buy a denim jacket to layer over regular shirts and also hoodies.

Im normally a medium when it comes to clothing. Should the jacket also be a medium or should I size up to a L/XL?
I have both a black and blue slim fit jean jacket from levis, and It fits pretty snuggly in the beginning, but it loosens up considerably after a few wears. And I don't wash them too often, so they have yet to shrink back up on me. So I would go true to size honestly.

Hey yall.

Looking for something besides sneakers to wear with black jeans.

Was thinking chelsea boots but wasn't too sure where to find a decent pair for cheap.

Help is appreciated.
I don't know if you have a bass shoe company outlet near you, but they always have their shoes on deeeeep discount there. Like two pairs for $70. Here's a link to their chelsea boots that you'll be able to get for a steal at their outlet; now if you want some quality stuff, it'll cost you a lot more than that:

http://www.ghbass.com/product/terrence+boot.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=fn

prob a dumb question

those APC kanye are not available anymore huh?

Last edited:
Gonna be my last fit with this ghetto backdrop. Heading to NY to take care of some things then moving into my new spot in DC start of next month.

Next time I post in this thread I'll be wearing a suit. Until then hope you all continue to flourish :pimp:
i aint know you was white lol, what type of jeans are those tho

I was gonna type "how do you know he isn't hispanic" but decided to leave it alone, for some reason it's always a surprise to find out someone is white on this forum, used to happen in PYP all the time..

I was gonna type "how do you know he isn't hispanic" but decided to leave it alone, for some reason it's always a surprise to find out someone is white on this forum, used to happen in PYP all the time..

thats funny

opposite for me

i recall when i first posted a pic everybody was shocked i was black, while back now

Last edited:
What's the difference between half and fully canvassed?

Essentially the canvassing goes all the way down the jacket versus half of it. The full canvass allows for better draping of the fabric, better molding of the canvas to your body and overall a much more rigid structure to the jacket. Best way I can describe it is my fully canvassed jackets feel like I'm wearing a bulletproof jacket, which feels awesome.

Those are indeed the Apc Kanye's that dropped not to long ago. Most likely not available  unless you got lube. If I remember correctly he only had an issue with the length and the fact they where not selvedged. Now let me stop speaking for Henny.

Gonna be my last fit with this ghetto backdrop. Heading to NY to take care of some things then moving into my new spot in DC start of next month.

Next time I post in this thread I'll be wearing a suit. Until then hope you all continue to flourish :pimp:

How'd you size in the hoodie?

How'd you size in the hoodie?
He got a medium but decided the small fit better. I know I sound creepy but I was going to buy it from him but went with a small. Sorry Henny for answering these questions for you. I'm up and bored

Wait that might not even be a JE hoody

Last edited:
He got a medium but decided the small fit better. I know I sound creepy but I was going to buy it from him but went with a small. Sorry Henny for answering these questions for you. I'm up and bored

Wait that might not even be a JE hoody

It's ok that you answered man, no creep. I was busy last night and just checked the thread.

I do wear small in JE. I sold the medium black villain on the bay because it was too big.

However, the hoodie I'm wearing isn't JE. I was going to buy the black villain again in a small but then I saw this Acne Justin hoodie. I liked how it had front dual-zip and zipped-sides so I decided to go with this instead. It's designed for a more comfortable fit than JE hoodies so I sized down to a XS and am happy with how it fits. The fit is slim and flattering when everything is zipped up. Can wear this hoodie a few different ways it's definitely going to get a lot of wear this fall.

Back
Top Bottom