Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Is Gap the best place I'm going to find an inexpensive leather biker jacket? I see they have one for 348 and was going to wait for a no exclusion code to drop

From what I know, the Chealsea quilted runs a little bit roomier than the Liddesdale in the chest and sleeve.
For reference I'm 6'2 185 and I wear Mediums in any Barbour quilted stuff
Depending on your body type, go with what you normally wear just to be safe
Thanks man, this helps. I'm 6'3" 185, so I'm nearly identical to your build. I like my close more tailored too so I'll try for a M. Thanks again.

Just received my pair of Daltons from nordstroms. Quality definitely doesn't justify the retail price they charge. Got them on sale and had a gift certificate. Sloppy stitching everywhere and a few pieces of leather look like they weren't finished being cut. Not sure if i'll return or keep to wear the hell out of.
Get em swapped for sure.

Go get them Daniel Cremieux ones from Dillard's for half that, Perry Ellis outlet store had some for the ultra low too and they have a 20% off coupon you can just download on your phone and show at the store

Sup bros

Recently purchased this from JCrew in preparation for upcoming Holiday parties:

Went tts 38s, and boy does this fit slim. Armholes were higher and waist was slimmer compared to my other wool ludlow blazers. Might consider exchanging for the 40s, but I am worried that the length of the body might be too long.

Thoughts?

Sup bros

Went tts 38s, and boy does this fit slim. Armholes were higher and waist was slimmer compared to my other wool ludlow blazers. Might consider exchanging for the 40s, but I am worried that the length of the body might be too long.

Thoughts?
Why would you worry about the length if both are small?

Sup bros

Thoughts?
Why would you worry about the length if both are small?
although both are designated as 'short' sizing, wouldn't the length of the bodies increase as one goes up in chest size?

So the length of the body on a 40s would be longer than 38s and 36s respectively?

although both are designated as 'short' sizing, wouldn't the length of the bodies increase as one goes up in chest size?

So the length of the body on a 40s would be longer than 38s and 36s respectively?

No. The length would be the same on a 36S, 48S and 40S. If you need a longer jacket then you need to up to a R. The only thing that increases is the chest size not the length of the jacket.

I'm working on finally building my wardrobe now that I have a lot of my basics covered. I'm curious what you guys would consider staple pieces. I know everyone will have a slightly similar staple closet but what are your guys'? I kinda just want to start some good conversation in here like more towards the beginning of the thread.

I'm working on finally building my wardrobe now that I have a lot of my basics covered. I'm curious what you guys would consider staple pieces. I know everyone will have a slightly similar staple closet but what are your guys'? I kinda just want to start some good conversation in here like more towards the beginning of the thread.

I've posted this before (maybe in the old thread) but I like - and have completed - the list put together in the "F---Yeah Menswear" book:

1. Oxford Cloth Button-Down
2. Levi's
3. Vans
4. Navy Knit Tie
5. Chinos
6. Navy Sportcoat
7. Ray-Bans
8. Engine-Turned Belt
9. Penny Loafers
10. Duffel Coat
11. Grey Suit

I've posted this before (maybe in the old thread) but I like - and have completed - the list put together in the "F---Yeah Menswear" book:

2. Levi's
3. Vans
4. Navy Knit Tie
5. Chinos
6. Navy Sportcoat
7. Ray-Bans
8. Engine-Turned Belt
9. Penny Loafers
10. Duffel Coat
11. Grey Suit
^ This

I would also add:

1) pair of brown or black oxfords

2) pair of suede boots

3) white and light blue dress shirts

4) peacoat

- Brovsko

2. Levi's
3. Vans
4. Navy Knit Tie
5. Chinos
6. Navy Sportcoat
7. Ray-Bans
8. Engine-Turned Belt
9. Penny Loafers
10. Duffel Coat
11. Grey Suit

I would add 11 pairs of Jordans

2. Levi's
3. Vans
4. Navy Knit Tie
5. Chinos
6. Navy Sportcoat
7. Ray-Bans
8. Engine-Turned Belt
9. Penny Loafers
10. Duffel Coat
11. Grey Suit

I would add 11 pairs of Jordans

#dbfactoid

Anyone know how the fit on JCF sportscoats compares to the Ludlow fit?

I fit a 36R perfect in the Ludlow. Should I buy the same size?:nerd:

Back
Top Bottom