Dressing Better Vol 2.0

That is a sick "suit"

I'm working on finally building my wardrobe now that I have a lot of my basics covered. I'm curious what you guys would consider staple pieces. I know everyone will have a slightly similar staple closet but what are your guys'? I kinda just want to start some good conversation in here like more towards the beginning of the thread.

Can't comment on workwear since I am trying to work on that myself but

1 tone t-shirts (2 or 3 will do)
Levi's
Green or Grey Parka (surprised how much this is left out)
A black or dark blue coat (could also be a parka if you want)
Neutral colored hoodies from your fave brand
Black or Grey suit
Horizontal striped shirts (two tones)
Grey and a white dress up shirt

Last edited:
hey there, how's the sizing? i've been reading different reviews, advising to size down .5, 1, etc. Thanks.

They run a little long, but you might want to go tts because of the width. You could probably get away with .5 down if your natural size is already at a half size like 10.5, 9.5, etc. There's no way you should go a whole size though. I wear an 11 and got a 44 and they fit fine to me. Like I said there's a bit of toe room, but I don't have any heel slippage and they don't feel too big on my foot. I'm glad I went with the size I did.

hey there, how's the sizing? i've been reading different reviews, advising to size down .5, 1, etc. Thanks.

They run a little long, but you might want to go tts because of the width. You could probably get away with .5 down if your natural size is already at a half size like 10.5, 9.5, etc. There's no way you should go a whole size though. I wear an 11 and got a 44 and they fit fine to me. Like I said there's a bit of toe room, but I don't have any heel slippage and they don't feel too big on my foot. I'm glad I went with the size I did.
Sz 10 so I went with a 43.

Agree that there is a little bit of toe room but sizing down wouldn't have been the move.

Right.

It's from Clothsurgeon.

More pics:

:x not in a good way.

I'd also recommend Uniqlo. Copped my only blazer from there yesterday, so you could say I'm kind of an expert on the topic :lol:

anybody have wool/blend slacks from uniqlo? need a few pairs and was either considering uniqlo or lands end...

im digging the look for uni's, but i feel like they might be too slim in the thighs...

Anyone looking for AE Walnut Dalton's in a size 9d lmk before I post them up for sale.

Last edited:
Ordered two pair of Aldens a while back to compare and help me decide which one I'd go with. The one on the left is the J. Crew Indy 405 and the right is the original Indy 403 in dark brown CXL. Decided to go with the 403s, just because I liked the lighter shade of brown compared to the darker shade of the J. Crew 405s. Fast forward to today, I'm content with my decision. I love these boots.

I like the contrast of the lighter color welt/midsole on the 403.

Been thinking of getting a rubber sole put on my 405s. The cork soles are nice and durable but something with grip would be better. The customs on Leffott are nice.

What kind of shoe trees are you guys using? Copping AE's like Adrian this week and need to keep them fresh. Would you guys suggest Jos A. Bank since they are $7.50 right now?

What kind of shoe trees are you guys using? Copping AE's like Adrian this week and need to keep them fresh. Would you guys suggest Jos A. Bank since they are $7.50 right now?
Hell yeah. You're not going to find wooden trees that cheap. Go for it.

I use the JAB ones on all much shoes, pretty much. They are made by Woodlore who is owned by Allen Edmonds.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom