Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I've done a little research on my own, but what's the deal with Suit Supply? I'm late, but there's a flagship opening here in Dallas pretty soon.

Looking to purchase a charcoal/grey suit and a navy suit for my job. I'm slim. Very slim.
laugh.gif
I think Suit Supply is a great option for suits without breaking the bank. I've never handled any of the suits, but a good amount of people over on SF wear SuitSupply and have pulled off nice looks/fits. I just saw the new store in Dallas on Sunday while smoking hookah across the street lol. If you don't want to wait for that store to open I know they have a Suit Supply outpost or w/e at Stanley Korshak in the Highland Park area. 
RMS, I agree with you on illmatickal's fit. I am not a fan.

As for Sarteaga, yes that is true bespoke. Serg had that suit made with Michael Andrews Bespoke in NYC. Basted and all that jazz.
Thanks for the info. I was just wondering if it were true bespoke for him. I know some of you guys, including Sarteaga, picked up some Michael Andrews suits that were bespoke for someone else. 

Last edited:
Alright fellas I have a question. I've got an event I'm going to in august that requires me to wear a tuxedo. Now, I don't own one and I never really have the chance to wear one other than MAYBE twice a year. I missed out on an event last month because I didn't have a tux and notice was too short to rent. Would it be worth it to try to purchase a tux or should I just rent one? Is a tuxedo something that every man should have even if he doesn't get use out of it?
According to some of the prolific posters on SF, every man should own a tux. If you buy one that isn't fashion forward and more classic, you could keep the thing for years and just wear as needed. You could also go the dinner jacket route, since that is still considered black tie/eveningwear. 

I've done a little research on my own, but what's the deal with Suit Supply? I'm late, but there's a flagship opening here in Dallas pretty soon.

Looking to purchase a charcoal/grey suit and a navy suit for my job. I'm slim. Very slim. :lol:

I think Suit Supply is a great option for suits without breaking the bank. I've never handled any of the suits, but a good amount of people over on SF wear SuitSupply and have pulled off nice looks/fits. I just saw the new store in Dallas on Sunday while smoking hookah across the street lol. If you don't want to wait for that store to open I know they have a Suit Supply outpost or w/e at Stanley Korshak in the Highland Park area. 

RMS, I agree with you on illmatickal's fit. I am not a fan.

As for Sarteaga, yes that is true bespoke. Serg had that suit made with Michael Andrews Bespoke in NYC. Basted and all that jazz.

Thanks for the info. I was just wondering if it were true bespoke for him. I know some of you guys, including Sarteaga, picked up some Michael Andrews suits that were bespoke for someone else. 
From consistent posters, Serg is the only person I know in DBNT who actually has true bespoke.

Some MTM and OTR joints in his closet though.

Don't have any recent fit pics, but here are a few old ones from awhile back. Trying to stay warm/comfortable while studying:

Trying to change up my casual wear though. Got rid of most of my J Crew & Ralph Lauren stuff and trying to nail down the basics and get closer to a minimalistic wardrobe. Last few purchases have been black, white, and grey long & short sleeve tees. 

Don't have any recent fit pics, but here are a few old ones from awhile back. Trying to stay warm/comfortable while studying:

LL

Trying to change up my casual wear though. Got rid of most of my J Crew & Ralph Lauren stuff and trying to nail down the basics and get closer to a minimalistic wardrobe. Last few purchases have been black, white, and grey long & short sleeve tees. 

ppl are finally realizing basics are the go to. :smokin

American apparel had it right from the beginning

Forgive the grainy pic. Snapped last night when I got home.

The 30W pair arrived at is noticeably skinnier throughout. This is Naked & Famous's "Stacked Guy" fit. I actually really enjoy them (despite my calf muscle being visible from the outside lol) but I actually was able to locate a pair in the "Skinny Guy" fit for about $100 shipped in a 31. There could be an issue with the waist like this first pair but for the amount I saved, I wouldn't mind head to my tailor to nip it a tad. Also, my current black power stretch joints are also the Skinny Guy fit so I'd guess it would end up being quite comparable.

For reference:

31 (left)- 6.75" opening.

30 (right)- 6" opening.

Are y'all familiar with Tinie Tempah? Dude is always fresh. 
Only seen him in that vid with Wiz. Music reminds me of Dizzy Rascal...I can't get with UK rap.

I'm flying down to LA next week and I set up an appointment with Jason to get fitted for my first TaT suit.  Pretty stoked.  Will be my first MTM.
You'll be meeting in a public place :lol:. Jason is kinda blunt so just be aware. Lol.

The 30W pair arrived at is noticeably skinnier throughout. This is Naked & Famous's "Stacked Guy" fit. I actually really enjoy them (despite my calf muscle being visible from the outside lol) but I actually was able to locate a pair in the "Skinny Guy" fit for about $100 shipped in a 31. There could be an issue with the waist like this first pair but for the amount I saved, I wouldn't mind head to my tailor to nip it a tad. Also, my current black power stretch joints are also the Skinny Guy fit so I'd guess it would end up being quite comparable.

For reference:

30 (right)- 6" opening.

For reference:

30 (right)- 6" opening.

Any trouble getting your foot out with the 6" opening

Last edited:
Only seen him in that vid with Wiz. Music reminds me of Dizzy Rascal...I can't get with UK rap.
You'll be meeting in a public place :lol:. Jason is kinda blunt so just be aware. Lol.

Blunt? In what way? Please elaborate. Don't want to rub him in the wrong way

Blunt? In what way? Please elaborate. Don't want to rub him in the wrong way
You can go on his website and look under "thoughts". He's cool. But for an older dude, you would expect a bit of filter. If he doesn't like it he will voice it, ie what the eff is up with hipsters rocking the man bun nowadays. You'll be alright. Just mentioning since it caught me off guard since he talks like dudes around their teens or 20s would.

I remember seeing Rock Stars in jeans like that. I guess Adrian is now and Accountant Rock Star. Seems about right.

I have about 4 (only paid for 3) from them that are true bespoke. The only suits from their sample sales are the two pictured, also have some trousers from them from a sample sale.

As Adrian mentioned, I do have MTM (Indochino) and OTR (SuitSupply, JCrewFactory, Calvin Klein) as well.

I'm flying down to LA next week and I set up an appointment with Jason to get fitted for my first TaT suit.  Pretty stoked.  Will be my first MTM.
You'll be meeting in a public place 
laugh.gif
. Jason is kinda blunt so just be aware. Lol.
Probably at that library… Make sure he measures you MULTIPLE times. I met up with him out there and the suit came out so awful (even after he had his tailor try to fix it) that i've never worn it. 
indifferent.gif

Last edited:
i prefer the look of the 31s tbh but you're the one who has to wear them

For bespoke I urge you guys to check out Label NYC (www.label.co). They're making a three-piece dark blue mohair suit for my wedding. I'll post some more thoughts and info after my first fitting. I was put up on them by a colleague who swears by their work and service.

I can't speak on Indochino but I have had good experiences with Suit Supply. They have a wide range of pre-selected fits and styles that they'll alter for you to get a perfect fit. The materials are sourced from Italy, the UK, etc and the construction is done in Asia. The turn-around time is great and I think the quality is great. Overall it's a very good alternative.

- Brovsko

Last edited:
Is $55 for denim tapering expensive? How much would this usually cost for a pair of APC NS?

For bespoke I urge you guys to check out Label NYC (www.label.co). I'm getting a three-piece dark blue mohair suit made by them for my wedding. I'll post some more thoughts and info after my first fitting. I was put up on them by a colleague who swears by their work and service.

I can't speak on Indochino but I have had good experiences with Suit Supply. They have a wide range of pre-selected fits and styles that they'll alter for you to get a perfect fit. The materials are sourced from Italy, the UK, etc and the construction is done in Asia. The turn-around time is great and I think the quality is decent. Overall it's a very good alternative. I would caution, though, to stay away from their ties, pocket squares, etc as I believe they're overpriced. Don't let the sales guys up sell you on those.

- Brovsko
Is this true bespoke or MTM? What's the expected turn around?

Back
Top Bottom