Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Going to an interview Thursday... Manager In Training position for luxury hotel

Is a blue suit with red gingham alright? Probably a solid grey or blue tie with it. Brown shoes and tie bar.

My interviewer is young and cute

The interviewer being young and cute should have nothing to do with what you choose to wear on this interview.

I would say no the red gingham shirt. Go with a white or light blue shirt. Either tie would work as well with either of these shirts.

Reign & Storm can be had for like $20 on sale (I've seen slightly cheaper)

But do you.

true, I considered them, but the R&S tee's have the ugly patch, and the slits aren't that big. I have only seen high end brands with the long slits cost like $80 +. I haven't really searched too much, but I have some $5 tees from topman, already have a drop tail, but no slits.

Dzaster, good looking bro.

If you know anyone that sees/has a sewing machine just ask them if they do it for you. My old roommate sewed slits in his basic tees all the time.

I'm sure it could be easy to do
Going to an interview Thursday... Manager In Training position for luxury hotel

Is a blue suit with red gingham alright? Probably a solid grey or blue tie with it. Brown shoes and tie bar.

My interviewer is young and cute

The interviewer being young and cute should have nothing to do with what you choose to wear on this interview.

I would say no the red gingham shirt. Go with a white or light blue shirt. Either tie would work as well with either of these shirts.

hahaha, my point was just that i know my interviewer and its not going to be someone who would look down at someone throwing something a little unorthodox out there for an interview.

I'm just looking to set myself apart...but didn't want to overdo it. Any other thoughts?

I'm sure it could be easy to do
hahaha, my point was just that i know my interviewer and its not going to be someone who would look down at someone throwing something a little unorthodox out there for an interview.

I'm just looking to set myself apart...but didn't want to overdo it. Any other thoughts?
Stand out by wearing a well tailored suit with the proper accessories, ie shoes that are in good condition, shined, use the right knot for the collar type, etc.

Awesome write up. I love the short little blurbs that you write. I'd love to see your take on the closet essentials like Adrian did a while back and like your shirt piece from a few days ago. Those posts are my favorite!
Thanks, man. I gotta get back into it. I was actually looking into a white backdrop and light kit for these kind of posts, but a bit too expensive for me right now :lol:

This blog keeps me sane and my creative juice going. Ironically enough, working with some of the most gifted kids from top schools around the country bore me to death. Half the time I'm in meetings with them, I just sing that OT Genasis "Coco" song in my head.

trying to upgrade my wardrobe right now and buy things i actually like and will use instead of just buying cause its on sale or cheap.

what should I be shopping for when looking for some pants that i can dress up a bit to nicer dinners/events etc. ?

am i looking for chino's or slacks or what are they actually called ?

right now i usually wear like khaki's or dark rinse denim,  and i usually pair it with desert boots.  ya, i know... pretty lame.  

what would you guys suggest shoe wise ?  (styles for these occasions)

I wear dessert boots basically everywhere.

Every now and then I wear captoe dress shoes to work, but I have a pretty chill dress code*shrugs*

trying to upgrade my wardrobe right now and buy things i actually like and will use instead of just buying cause its on sale or cheap.

what should I be shopping for when looking for some pants that i can dress up a bit to nicer dinners/events etc. ?

am i looking for chino's or slacks or what are they actually called ?

right now i usually wear like khaki's or dark rinse denim,  and i usually pair it with desert boots.  ya, i know... pretty lame.  

what would you guys suggest shoe wise ?  (styles for these occasions)
Good place to start before others chime in is page 1. Effort was put into it.

Clean fits, brovsko.

Just out of curiosity, what do you do? I only ask since I've notice Bloomberg terminals in a few of your past pics. Feel free to PM if you like.

Things to look out for selling on Grailed.com? It's my first time. This guy is asking me for my PayPal address and I'm telling him to just pay through the item page on the Grailed website.

Things to look out for selling on Grailed.com? It's my first time. This guy is asking me for my PayPal address and I'm telling him to just pay through the item page on the Grailed website.
It would be beneficial to go through Grailed since they will offer to help if a scam happens but they do charge a fee (minuscule in comparison to eBay). However, going through paypal alone would be fine too as if there are any issues, it would taken up with them anyway.

Both ways work just fine. Grailed adds a tad more (quite limited) protection in the event of scamming (likely would be more beneficial for buyer rather than seller). Direct paypal still covers both parties in the case of fraud but would be slightly cheaper since no addtl 3rd party fees.

^Thanks. Just went ahead and sent him a PayPal invoice since he wasn't comfortable giving out his payment info to Grailed. Even though they redirect you to PayPal site any way. Whatever. Just sent a detailed invoice with terms and will make sure to ship signature confirmation to confirmed address only as usual.

Last edited:
^Thanks. Just went ahead and sent him a PayPal invoice since he wasn't comfortable giving out his payment info to Grailed. Even though they redirect you to PayPal site any way. Whatever. Just sent a detailed invoice with terms and will make sure to ship signature confirmation to confirmed address only as usual.

grailed will probably send you some sort of email asking about why the transaction was completed outside of their website. just give them the runaround

grailed will probably send you some sort of email asking about why the transaction was completed outside of their website. just give them the runaround
You don't even have to reply. It just asks for you to go through Grailed the next time.

I got hit with 5 of those already.

Can anyone recommend a good not overpriced messenger bag to me please
happy.gif
?
J. Crew on sale. I got one in grad school for like $30. Held me down and I still have it collecting dust in the garage I think.
thanks i'll check them out

Back
Top Bottom