Dressing Better Vol 2.0

^ hahahaha normally i dont give a damn, but i am my going as my wife's guest and its a work thing and i dont want to show up as the lame who doesnt know how to dress properly for work functions.

^ hahahaha normally i dont give a damn, but i am my going as my wife's guest and its a work thing and i dont want to show up as the lame who doesnt know how to dress properly for work functions.
I've done navy blue suit, white shirt, black bow tie, and a silk scarf before at an event full of dudes in full on bespoke tuxedos.

I got hella compliments on the scarf actually but not a single person was sweating me.

Edit: likely because they were paying attention to my date

Last edited:
I just got my suit from thick as thieves. Sent it straight to the cleaners for pressing.

Here are my first impressions:

Pretty solid suit. Fit is pretty good overall. I went with the house cut (a little bit slimmer than a traditional suit). Didn't really need much alterations except to let out the pants just a bit more. I got the light grey 2 button with a ticket pocket. I wanted to get something similar to what Daniel Craig wore in the beginning of skyfall.

However, I'm not sure about the big difference between TAT and indochino. Maybe Adrian can aware me but I'm not sure if the extra $$$ for TAT vs indochino makes a huge difference in the suits.

TaT is fully canvassed with more customization IMO i.e. width of lapels, placement of pockets, colors of buttons, button stance, etc. Also, I feel like the fabric offerings that TaT carries is better than Indo's. If you went a simple grey though, I suppose either works. I have a solid navy from there but everything else I purchased were very different than what places like Indo or even Suit Supply carried.

Oh, and Indochino is half canvassed.

edit: Also they are at the same price point providing that you do not have access to one of Indo's 20% codes that float around every once and awhile

Last edited:
I'm trying to score a sale on winter coats right now since springs coming.
Anybody got any recommendations for a coat not too puffy and ginormous?
Canada Goose is out and i tried fjallraven not feeling their fit.
preferably in the $500 range.
Uniqlo parkas look laughable in the NY weather and I don't know about Abercrombie.

I'm trying to score a sale on winter coats right now since springs coming.
Anybody got any recommendations for a coat not too puffy and ginormous?
Canada Goose is out and i tried fjallraven not feeling their fit.
preferably in the $500 range.
Uniqlo parkas look laughable in the NY weather and I don't know about Abercrombie.

This

Coming from Houston I need a warm coat from these DC winters. Abercrombie has some warm coats I just have they put their branding on it. Hollister was suppose to doing away with the branding.

^ ^ ^

Come to think of it, I believe @AlAudi got some Balmain cargo rip-offs, I think they were denim though but if he chimes with the link then maybe they have them in chino form too?

This

Coming from Houston I need a warm coat from these DC winters. Abercrombie has some warm coats I just have they put their branding on it. Hollister was suppose to doing away with the branding.

Hope so

I want a parka but every expensive brand looks awkwardly large on me.
Skinny guy problems, Americans don't understand cause more than half the population is overweight :lol:
If I lived in Korea or China probably get a better fit haha.

Also they are at the same price point providing that you do not have access to one of Indo's 20% codes that float around every once and awhile
^ ^ ^

Come to think of it, I believe @AlAudi got some Balmain cargo rip-offs, I think they were denim though but if he chimes with the link then maybe they have them in chino form too?

i think he ordered from http://embellishnyc.com/collections/denim
Nah it was a korean site. But they were black not olive.

Back
Top Bottom