Dressing Better Vol 2.0

It's an information security position. From the job description it's pretty much the same thing I'm doing now.

Anyone know where I can find a jacket similar to this. I thought about posting it in the fall jackets thread, but they don't have the I.D. skills of DBNT?

I'm tired of this summer heat :smh:

Does anyone shop at Gilt anymore? I logged on for the first time in like two years. The items I added to cart were still there :lol:

UX is horrible. Everything looks so busy.

How does Common Project Chelsea boots run?
8.5-9 in nikes
Usually 8 in boots and lace ups
Foot is sorta wide..

How does Common Project Chelsea boots run?
8.5-9 in nikes
Usually 8 in boots and lace ups
Foot is sorta wide..

Decided to go with these myself over the Carmina chelsea boots (was a little more dressy) . I was looking for some black ones that were a little more casual

I know their sneakers are $200-300 ...
ohwell.gif

I guess my question is why does everything they make cost twice as much as other similar looking and constructed (?) shoes. Just cuz of the beasts?

Leather is some of the best I've ever seen on kicks. I'm sure boots are comparable.

To frame things, CP Achilles leather completely SH*** on SLP joints. Margiela is the only thing that comes close IMO.

Those are the Common Projects? They're nice. Why are their boots $500+ though?

Resell was even higher on the first color that came out this year. Sold multiple pairs for $700-800 (and hooked a couple NTers up for retail as well). The two colors for fall are more widely available so there is not much of a resale value.

Like pinoy732 pinoy732 said, the prices for the boots falls in line with the rest of their offerings. The standard being the Achilles which retails for $400. The prices weren't always this high but once the brand gained popularity/hype they increased the prices a hundred or couple hundred dollars. Someone brought it up before and I agree, maybe we'll see if this phenomenon happen to Story Et Fall if the brand gets bigger. Prices are just so great for the quality of product they are putting out right now. I don't feel like I'm getting ripped off when I buy Common Projects at retail, but, when I bought the Story Et Fall boots at retail I definitely felt like I got hooked up. You can still get good deals on Common Projects shoes if they make it to end of season sales or another promotion is running. I think @illmatickal looked out for me before and I was able to grab the all white Achilles for $300 :pimp: Next time I see them at that price I'll buy another pair.

Overall, I feel Common Projects prices are reasonable and on the lower end of designer kicks.

Here is a pic of the other suede pair that's out this fall for those that haven't seen them.

ZfXWMT2.jpg

Last edited:
I know the value is def there for CP achilles. But I personally won't cop until I see it fall down to $250-270.

Seen a handful of times but other purchases superseded.

Last edited:
What is the lowest price range that CP achilles lows usually go for?

Not trying to pay the retail of $400ish

if you land it, I'll trek up so we can share a single malt my friend. :smokin

I stay with a bottle of Oban bruh.

Only thing I buy from Gilt these days are from the Home category. I've bought two duvets this year, pretty nice sales

Got my CPs for under 200 from Barneys Warehouse, suede not leather though. Was talking with a woman who runs Unis on IG a while back and she said the leather ones hardly ever go on sale. Don't think I believe that because I'm fairly certain I've seen them before.

Not sure how much you're tryin to drop but Uniqlo has a solid pair for cheap
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/product/me...src=aw.ds&dclid=CLbExpymw8cCFSoJRQoddmwCHg#09
If they're the ones I have and I'm almost positive they are, I love the fit BUT only for the black pair, it's not a true black.  Wear it with a black shirt and the difference is obvious, it almost has a brown tint to it, maybe it's due to the spandex material.  Very comfortable and I like other colors.

I know their sneakers are $200-300 ...
ohwell.gif

I guess my question is why does everything they make cost twice as much as other similar looking and constructed (?) shoes. Just cuz of the beasts?
Retail has actually been increased and is more like $400+ now.  They've raised them as the brand's profile has increased.  Quality is very good though, I have a few pairs and two of them I've had for a few years.

What is the lowest price range that CP achilles lows usually go for?

Not trying to pay the retail of $400ish
You can easily find them below $300 and even lower than $250 if you know when & where to look, some many boutiques carry them now.  Farfetch, Ssense, the Corner all have big sales at least twice a year where they're heavily discounted (among other brands) and they prices typically get reduced further if they don't sell out.  There are some smaller boutique sites with limited stock of select pairs on sale for cheap even now.

Last edited:
I doubt the all white CP's are easy to find on sale. I just try to catch them when Tres Bien restocks so you can get that VAT deduction which puts them ~300.

Take a look at Grailed too.

I doubt the all white CP's are easy to find on sale. I just try to catch them when Tres Bien restocks so you can get that VAT deduction which puts them ~300.

Take a look at Grailed too.
No, they are.  You just have to look in the right places at the right time.

Back
Top Bottom