Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Axel Arigato. Heard of it before?

https://axelarigato.com/

Little more about the brand here: http://www.wsj.com/articles/shoe-la...s-traction-ovadia-sons-gets-sporty-1426791508

True story: I was on facebook on my tablet (AdBlock on the laptop, so I never see ads) and there was an ad on the side of some sneakers. I clicked on it and that's how I stumbled on the brand. I don't think that's ever happened before.

Anyways: Italian leather, calf lining, Margom soles (everything's got Margom soles now).

They have some really ugly things, but the ones I ordered are simple.

Obvious CP imitations - down to the gold lettering. It's almost criminal. Still not CPs, close but not quite...as expected.

I ordered a pair in grey suede, Paid $175, free shipping.

Will I keep it? Ummm...not sure.

Pics:
WatuFNTrPeHLx1QFDv3TW_nGKUCTIPJP95pQzX_BE0qFeIlmCUwYqHASzuoiUJzlFQrrjT3kmMZYzswzfB0ILVipJJJmcRdQy1c2LJ5ulkLXJk-l6-5R8KceiwxTbWxkibrQ2FOBT-zTJBoIwQxFdOg0JwcvDzxZzLf6icXC5Ht4xcgtgXLIXj5NDCZZ9dOKaNrzus0n_4-E9xp-j16je6w8Q_eApMSddcj2_58e6sX8r9PLzw6o_OkcM2k3RKAhl4UOpDX6WaCqJEYyWokDgXRuQc9gN1epub_jvcGQtyPmT_3C6Ymt2YSaqQEME7UYwT4J97omxe_vZLVx3Pmqqv_LF1h-nXu1Bkvi8DIdDdZHfWyfT3GmfanyhFvOyC_-6yjgChCPrPAyusN9hm9HZZa9reTmXtLs8S8jgn8EY9_hwdlZsXGpIwz-na20NmjvjjnW_YtmDlUj2-mnyWspj15SCooKoZhNVBwkM3sgxtDukJIRAyhhutboDqP6VNDwIypWfGQ1-MlfnLRRpQVqnXGkxI6IZXh0IOPZh5lNIFo=w1161-h653-no

maSJZKmQ3KjUzSNba1Kexu-jb8EGIVFqZ50uAL-pJXeH7bGeGY2oWOA69_JE9mD3KM1UMdPaUQuu-ZGDEAfNPqm5KjI3C9OwKwjBoNBBiqXJ1sZX4XV0TMtlp6setRj5GSl6iz4zCqMdSCbu4YMQRyCqaehBS_eL4vl_OWe_VdQRVAmqF7bXcfJIR2dYOev5mNZQpbnZYTKAsPI4ZxGwZllQ1xBlO1aCCbuv725060fJPHFxg2ZMeySPIQpM42YoQO5WGkLu6cEM9rgOtprlpUesunGEQK0YHpA_vx3v7-xroS4FQdvkHvYBmnYx0SxvHTOUMoqBDtIag5t8iONXIwtqD5Vawushx-it7jHzpoEbjCrr_15-63-NqHpLbwQTvKCCxe-tgExM7RK0xFSN_2cfYR8jK8WBxc-D7hct7GTWVVUuGs_nOxsfkiDujDL4qucEYNlBK4JQnKq3zQ4FAgrHrayPX-axLDXk0BETh3Rhe2hdXAOAaJKspefzUQ9cKkx3EvlDG4P_aDlB55Vjz5sDoDKPHuOS8i7LJzsMRvQ=w368-h653-no

i6z-SghaA4MkbG8R83GSW75k9Lvkvtt1eVC7kmwX9BXfouponQ0hC503enwkodDbAKgG1n1pTt9Lqaav1hD6T2aZ8wgt_TWMMk6xPm0UDgYIsXoN0DPYHj6pBlQTcGtJwqlPmMU1dWZ48kMSpHnWsYwGWJkV4LfU4rIZn89J_a-CVu3b0Cq1uVRUdO-z50EtkjbdHkNjycSkIPeosqZB2_L775IyB4YfYgCYe9wnCPq_TL2aw_0UGNnSkygUf8j4qqENzYUwcRVyUxLNGfOBr7EvPelS1Og_P-OlBraCZZbkazQ_Wv_TDLSn0eyh168T4M_lGHkCel18-7gxFObu3AJM6QFObVQd5QNtunP-8EMW-xWAldtBdkLYPoX_JOLWd51gQOPBGucvDcOadmvuSQ_m5FDzHBBaytNQWVyKVJnQacvInVJ_dIdN5wE-c08McMsa85w_3sYbethDiitAv8EDIwnuIk-183xIKdon6M9uKdz0-DDRI7WtoNRxTP_vj3Wcv0M884Qv7UltTa9mxdW6NG1YVvrfRrK_2JlDjvs=w1161-h653-no

2AbgUw_P71BDQnPpXcd0hRUaKs-4TmEOdbSj4pyTmzhfPPQ0zoZey1ZE1oQWcs5mHgjzdIZ_cUJeTx_le86bKB-xFOLuHX-GOwcGWGcEhaF72GOK8qNmIjWCsnufuKICafxqB8EiS_o8Rho0GUQ-Xd6kQvFq-_ZTdOLK5RvbvrMA-s71EX6YWLZ7CH78ZBSLz7ypA8IjFuP30UlTcjQSyAgceULO2Ya6D8GlRVnRJ0Xa6tOiSuuICHyqRoztP8EEDdS_kpS1xmTlO0w73YlNjsENO4FPlHCR0amjMvaVQvhPPGf7Uuw010yL5UWW16NSCzIl3DJAVU_uwALwxbBDOCrn09wpkJnVNLYIwrTfY2aAPiBWJ85O5rO2xZO_OM0H6qnNvUpP5WiRFO-yZl_HRV-fhXN5kUrvBzOgwqM0kmMDAfZdpfVJRSvWqHLcdt7zu7QQcspzpbsOVjA5Rz9VVKp32hsIViDzJ2JguAVamt_RSmSi-4c5fVrciYiD5wm7_27gQW9diuAkRlcLvlviL_B-QSN0cVydIqHv4_xeZXA=w1161-h653-no
7K2fLTuDwLxv9S36CpuLes6Csu3atPIO8JfByYHETj6l5trOgUGaDR7kUgFkvL-qsBeYv53HILspOa7GTxb4XSd3CnRywq8uuZQnqkIPW6DUgJ3EOo4HpZuOez0XkOkuDCvoxWKWXgxML-5icRsBVu1wAvQbIobzJaLyI03J30HffE3GkCknzC4QDDhuREtly8H9gmnixmD0UA-dlWaX08Ve4OXc6jouPHZFJC52GvARZRF6lLnl8qlGWEbW8MzAJVGvCLJRw7NXKSkGUqLvEVy5ZOXoHQvYL8eufLK6BUeRRKavZqRFZrjiI3bHGGwc54vMwRZztk8FcRTxu3fkbMbjg8xqXbnVW7Bz2pfvnVq4T8MbVncxXD_47jyZhfLU2gIgFVuXsQsElB4-tx10_t2Uavo_Wn6znx4gtXxZ6fEZgJOQeq5R-c1_2Z46b22sGi3g0AmsUqvmDK2LcsiJY1EADSc05-LlH7rHUA49X2ypulAjLigplVs99pKQeABNMOd5nE8xeBjROdAYP8PEfhjDbh26YZzkdx3TgtEGz-s=w368-h653-no

UNV_lfXvc940G39lAHhFdNL5GkPVCUhkVtf2PZ6NwEQ5Wk79Um4abYZgEBVevHRkICN8EvtxEcqxQB6Fy4oi1fZDQyxL7HPzrdvQTcv65kttQZDFbe4dxPXdSHLnqZ4lfx9o4T94NTUf-fveWHYMol6gM2bvJeS_Cal43CUuuyfteAQLOrtRSvfqogn8SPnWTdom9GMf-xmpWQBLsvsaOQYcWw51bjWM7ePquWAKpsyenH8FnEfBIMqIkbhJWv1XNukqA5GqUg7pu_nm5GBLOBf_gbIk63AsZo7iOJSUgOqh2Ys_S-25yYwz5_5YYqpimZk_wLaBCnWPco7kgrnOo_J4BWzDuepMty5alU3bG2SIOVNgnP-wVBpmCBhp98QogKwwbr-V9MB6zd_p4FwiQ1KekO6-YZ_G7o_bljTj1B5xQYjgLJ7PJfwWSx4bvMQlSlidSCZltRpx9tS4H70MVTKmCL2dLrFmTz8WP_9lvJnAxOXtme9VaV-oiuorMXx0ZUbu_EpjvtKxB3mpANzZCmHidAyeGHioYOIss_FaoR0=w1161-h653-no

Last edited:
crownedhead crownedhead Check out Gustin's CP imitation. They look better IMO and around the same price. Also check out grailed, you can often find non-leather CP's there in the $200 range.

Yeah, Gustin's are much closer to CPs and do look better. But that is like a 5 month wait (or something ridiculous like that) for some sneakers. 

Yeah, Gustin's are much closer to CPs and do look better. But that is like a 5 month wait (or something ridiculous like that) for some sneakers. 

Yeah that wait is crazy but I'm interested in backing just for the hell of it. They look damn close.

I think Kent Wang had some white sneakers that were their play on CP's. Check those out. Think they were like $90.

Edit: http://www.kentwang.com/shoes/sneaker-white.html#

Last edited:
New 484 chinos and Chelseas today:

I've had horrible luck with the 484 chinos. I have multiple pairs of the fit in denim (31x32) but every time I order or try a pair on in-store the waist has been massive...about 2 sizes too big. When I size down to a 30 waist, the calf gets tiny.

Anyone else notice this? Seems like J Crews sizing has gotten worse with each passing season.

I've had horrible luck with the 484 chinos. I have multiple pairs of the fit in denim (31x32) but every time I order or try a pair on in-store the waist has been massive...about 2 sizes too big. When I size down to a 30 waist, the calf gets tiny.

Anyone else notice this? Seems like J Crews sizing has gotten worse with each passing season.

I have this issue. We may just be NT thick fams cause others say the fit is fine. I'm probably a measured 33-34 inch waist so I tried the tagged size 32 484s and the waist was fine (a little loose) but them joints were practically sticking to my thighs/calves. I sat down and stood up and they were stuck on my legs looking like I had capris on smh. I don't skip leg day and got mass so that may be a factor

I have this issue. We may just be NT thick fams cause others say the fit is fine. I'm probably a measured 33-34 inch waist so I tried the tagged size 32 484s and the waist was fine (a little loose) but them joints were practically sticking to my thighs/calves. I sat down and stood up and they were stuck on my legs looking like I had capris on smh. I don't skip leg day and got mass so that may be a factor

Weird thing for me is that I have multiple pairs of 484 denim that fit me very well size 31x32. The chinos have just been all over the place for me. The waist on 31x32 chinos seem to fit like a 33 but the legs fit fine.

Oh well. Anyone have suggestions for another good chino (other brands)? I'm not really a fan of their urban slim fit. Thinking about stopping by Bonobos but their sizing variances seem to be even worse than J Crew.

Sizing imo has changed each season. Size 32x32 was my go to. I've been working out my legs a bit so the waist fits fine, but the thigh and calf got me looking to sexy. I have a pair of 34x32 from last season and multiple pairs of 34x32 from this season and the fit is noticeably different. The former is big and needs alterations, but they are wearable whereas the latter fits fine except for the waist which is big. I'm 6'1 180 and pretty skinny.

Last edited:
:smokin

That could work with alotta pants...
the sweats i was like "waaaa" lol. 8)

Info on jacket ?
Jacket and pants from J. Crew. Jacket was like from 2 years ago. Sorta M65 style with pockets on all sides and thermo lined. Just wearing a black v neck under. Adrian is selling the same one I believe. I know we both got it at the same time.

Yeah, was going to rock jeans today, but the gloomy weather made me wanna do sweats, b. Now waiting to go to lunch to get some dope soup or something.

Finally set a date to get hitched so I wanted to see if anyone could help me with companies to reach out to for a MTM Tux. I'm a muscular guy (5"11 240-245b) so I really don't have many off the rack options. Wedding is in July 2016 (Minnesota Wedding) i'm looking for something similar to the pics below, any help would be appreciated

do you guys wear your fall/winter colors when the weather gets colder or when fall officially starts on the calendar?

do you guys wear your fall/winter colors when the weather gets colder or when fall officially starts on the calendar?
Colors? More about the fabrics. A lot of colors are season less ie navy, gray, green.

Finally set a date to get hitched so I wanted to see if anyone could help me with companies to reach out to for a MTM Tux. I'm a muscular guy (5"11 240-245b) so I really don't have many off the rack options. Wedding is in July 2016 (Minnesota Wedding) i'm looking for something similar to the pics below, any help would be appreciated

How much muscle do you have at 245 lbs? My homie is your height and he's 195 lbs. Dude competes in amateur body builder contest and he already looks weird in suits. I can't imagine him having another 50 lb of muscle on at all. (This is what I'm trying to picture your shape since you said you're muscular).

For reference, the homie:

Last edited:
How much muscle do you have at 245 lbs? My homie is your height and he's 195 lbs. Dude competes in amateur body builder contest and he already looks weird in suits. I can't imagine him having another 50 lb of muscle on at all. (This is what I'm trying to picture your shape since you said you're muscular).

For reference, the homie:

Yeah no where near that cut lift for fun mostly

Rental as part of my friends Wedding party

Last edited:
Colors? More about the fabrics. A lot of colors are season less ie navy, gray, green.
true.  can't layer much with thicker fabrics bc of that warm socal weather though.  definitely one of the cons to my area bc there's tons of winter stuff i want to try. 

but how about the guys that live in socal?  what do you guys do?

I'm not in Socal (used to be in LA a lot back when I went to college in SB though). I basically forced myself to wear nice coats when a sweater would be good enough :lol: Up here in the Bay there's maybe a handful of days a year where a thick wool coat is necessary. Strictly wear them for looks. I do have a lighter weight pea coat that I wear a lot, but it's light weight due to crap quality and not because I planned to buy something like that, so I can't really recommend something off the top of my head

Last edited:
true.  can't layer much with thicker fabrics bc of that warm socal weather though.  definitely one of the cons to my area bc there's tons of winter stuff i want to try. 

but how about the guys that live in socal?  what do you guys do?
I don't get this question. I'm in LA. It was raining this morning at probably low 70s and folks were in their NorthFace. It's supposed to be a wet season too with El Niño.

If you've seen my outfits: tweeds, pea coats, cords, topcoats, etc. yeah I wear them here.

Beamin: that's a tough one. You can contact the usually suspects like Suit Supply and see what they can do. Mtm has its limits since it's based on one pattern.

Last edited:
I don't get this question. I'm in LA. It was raining this morning at probably low 70s and folks were in their NorthFace. It's supposed to be a wet season too with El Niño.

If you've seen my outfits: tweeds, pea coats, cords, topcoats, etc. yeah I wear them here.

Beamin: that's a tough one. You can contact the usually suspects like Suit Supply and see what they can do. Mtm has its limits since it's based on one pattern.
i've scrolled through your gram a while back. good stuff, didn't know you were in LA though. 

Back
Top Bottom