Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Most people are stating that you can't resolved the crepes sole. They went to a cobbler and was told this.

I'm interested in the people that did yours...link, pictures, info.
Resoling a shoe depends on the construction method, not the sole type.  AE and Alden both have crepe soled shoes, and both are resole-able.  Also there are plenty of CDB examples online with different soles being put on, and those are glued so it should not be an issue.

To anyone who adds rubber topy's and tap toes to their soles, can you do it after having worn the shoes or it has to be done before?

I ask because I'm debating wearing my SEF chelseas for the first time this weekend, but not if it will make it impossible to add the rubber sole to the shoe.

30cm really ain't that serious to me, why is it so cereal to you? :lol: Plus I'll gladly wear my heels with trousers any day of the week.

See you in 3 years though mate

Resoling a shoe depends on the construction method, not the sole type.  AE and Alden both have crepe soled shoes, and both are resole-able.  Also there are plenty of CDB examples online with different soles being put on, and those are glued so it should not be an issue.

Thanks bro.

To anyone who adds rubber topy's and tap toes to their soles, can you do it after having worn the shoes or it has to be done before?

I ask because I'm debating wearing my SEF chelseas for the first time this weekend, but not if it will make it impossible to add the rubber sole to the shoe.
dude u can top after they're worn 

dude u can top after they're worn 

[emoji]128517[/emoji]

Most people are stating that you can't resolved the crepes sole. They went to a cobbler and was told this.

In regards to construction, the CP Chelsea's sole is not pure crepe like Clark's Desert Boot. There's a solid piece at the top (almost looks like wood) which makes me optimistic if I ever have to resole. Never had complaints with CP quality.

Last edited:
you gonna tell him how crappy the durability of the crepe sole is or nah?

These things don't concern me.

What? Dude asked specifically about the longevity of the sole.

Anyway, a crepe sole won't last you long

How long is "long" really?

I mean, that depends on a lot. The two questions I'd ask is, How often are you wearing them, and what conditions are they being worn in?

Crepe soles are really only good for dry weather. Anything else and you'll find that you're slipping a lot. If you're wearing them consistently, even in fair weather, I'd guess you'd need a resole within a year-maybe two

In regards to construction, the CP Chelsea's sole is not pure crepe like Clark's Desert Boot. There's a solid piece at the top (almost looks like wood) which makes me optimistic if I ever have to resole. Never had complaints with CP quality.

I don't think anyone's questioning the quality of the boots. CPs are great. However, no matter the construction method, crepe just isn't durable

Back
Top Bottom