Dressing Better Vol 2.0

New Years right around the corner, anyone got any pics of their outfits from the past New Years? I need some ideas and suggestions. I usually don't go out for New Years.

Day Loafers, Night wedding that I'm participating in or Gala/Ball, lace ups. Contemporary Wedding Loafers.

Day Loafers, Night wedding that I'm participating in or Gala/Ball, lace ups. Contemporary Wedding Loafers.
It's a night wedding reception in the grand ball room at the Marriot.

My bro said loafers, some saying lace ups.

I like loafers but would I do no socks? . *shrugs* 

All this shearling talk, does anyone know of any dope ones to check out? Ive been looking for a nice long one myself. Pause.

This is just my opinion, but the formal wear/tux calls for socks if you wear the slippers. If you are going to wear patent laced shoes, I think an oxford with closed lacing looks better than the derby's you posted. 

This is just my opinion, but the formal wear/tux calls for socks if you wear the slippers. If you are going to wear patent laced shoes, I think an oxford with closed lacing looks better than the derby's you posted. 
Woah didn't eem realize the difference till I looked it up.

As @Pinoy732  stated I don't want to spend 250 on sub part quality S&S oxfords. 

So do any of you have a suggestion as to what oxfords I should cop for my wedding reception?

As always, appreciate all the help 
nthat.gif

Last edited:

So do any of you have a suggestion as to what oxfords I should cop for my wedding reception?

nthat.gif

Tom Ford B

nthat.gif

What black leather shoes do you have now? Again, this is just my opinion, but you could always just wear a regular pair of nice oxfords and get a nice polish. Example:

I have a semi formal party tomorrow and can pretty much guarantee drinks will get spilled on my shoes, which out of AE Strands or Suede RL loafers will be better off the next day? Both would fit well with my outfit. 

I have a semi formal party tomorrow and can pretty much guarantee drinks will get spilled on my shoes, which out of AE Strands or Suede RL loafers will be better off the next day? Both would fit well with my outfit. 
What color are the Strands? Suede is no go around water.

If you got the bread its cool, big fan of CP's. Dont think all white shoes thats gonna get super beat fairly quickly is worth that though. Grabbed my Stan Smiths for $55 and thats my all white shoe. #basic

CPs from tres-bien came in. Ended up getting them for $250. I think that's a decent price for what they are. Ya you can get similar shoes for a lot less, but the leather quality and craftsmanship is definitely worth it.

Favorite shoes. $250 is a great price. Good job.

If you got the bread its cool, big fan of CP's. Dont think all white shoes thats gonna get super beat fairly quickly is worth that though. Grabbed my Stan Smiths for $55 and thats my all white shoe. #basic

I completely see where you're coming from. A little while back I tried on a pair of Stan Smiths and as nice as they are, i just felt like something was missing. Idk I guess I'm just a sucker for the CPs.

Favorite shoes. $250 is a great price. Good job.

Thanks man. They'll probably be my #2 favorite shoes behind the ultraboosts.

some wax cp achilles in off white/ tan and black/white on steven alan on sale. WELCOME15 brings them down to 253ish not including tax tho. debating on pulling the trigger on the tans and shipping them to fam in hawaii to avoid tax
laugh.gif

some wax cp achilles in off white/ tan and black/white on steven alan on sale. WELCOME15 brings them down to 253ish not including tax tho. debating on pulling the trigger on the tans and shipping them to fam in hawaii to avoid tax :lol:  

Still have to ship them to you right? Is that going to save you money?

Back
Top Bottom