Dressing Better Vol 2.0

So what is the difference between Havana and Hudson? Hudson just has a wider lapel? I'm not familiar with these suit cuts. Really appreciate all the info btw. I'll cop one of your pocket squares to wear when they are ready
pimp.gif

Side note: This you modeling the Hudson?
laugh.gif
I bought a pair of loafers similar to these (Ralph Lauren though), and made the mistake of wearing them with socks and jeans. Upon learning of my mistake (and being clowned by my more fashion forward friends) I put them back in the box and returned them. I was not built for the loafer life 

Anyone know of any brick and mortar shops in and around the philly area that stocks Alden shoes? I saw some at Sherman bros but was wondering if there was anything else. Also, is the Alden "name" worth the extra $200-300 as opposed to some other brands that offer similar models? (Particularly eyeing some longwings) thanks

I bought a pair of loafers similar to these (Ralph Lauren though), and made the mistake of wearing them with socks and jeans. Upon learning of my mistake (and being clowned by my more fashion forward friends) I put them back in the box and returned them. I was not built for the loafer life 

Your "fashion forward" friends are morons. Nothing wrong with wearing loafers with socks and denim, assuming we're not talking about baggie denim.

Sart agree nothing is wrong depending on the fit of the jeans. Like you mentioned if they're baggy jeans they'll make the shoes look tiny which may be the case this time around. Also, can always buy loafer socks which are no show for a cleaner look too.

Nothing wrong if they're the right socks, otherwise it could look a little bit funny, but nothing to be pushed back by your friends but rather something to be advised on ...

Your friends sounds as if they were part of that pretentious side of fashion enthusiasts who devoted themselves to the sartorialist and similes 

Keep trying, keep diversifying and you'll find your comfort :smile: 

I know everyone is hyped on the NR Chelsea but if are looking for another option you may want to look at the Loake Mitchum. Adrian turned me on to them. Usually go for close to $300 but Stuart's London has them for $165 shipped to the states. What is amazing is I received my pair within in 48hrs of placing the order.

https://www.stuartslondon.com/loake-mitchum-brown-suede-leather-chelsea-boot-p8539

I have yet to wear them so here is a pic that Adrian posted a few days ago.

Do these fit TTS?

Just copped a navy napoli from suit supply and was wondering what shirts i could wear with the suit besides white and light blue?

^light gray or gray

checked or striped shirts

really almost any color...navy is very versatile

Last edited:

Just copped a navy napoli from suit supply and was wondering what shirts i could wear with the suit besides white and light blue?
White

Light Blue

Light Gray

Subtle patterns (striped, checked)

I hate solid-colored shirts (red, black, brown, dark gray, purple, dark blue, etc.).

With spring coming up a subtle pink or purple could also work. That navy Napoli is one of the best suits out there.

Back
Top Bottom