Dressing Better Vol 2.0

really appreciate all the feedback y'all. was tough but ended up goin with the second one for my first suit.

the fabric was very nice in person with a little less sheen but i'll def consider the first option in the future.

Love the username :smokin

Bruh I was at the SLP store on Sunday and held them in my hand.
me too though and thats why i said i dont like the shaft but i don't even know why we are comparing them. 
no ones copping those slp's.

hedi slp chelseas are ******** on all of these boots combined

I was at SLP a couple weeks ago and tried the Chelsea's and I know the quality is a bit higher, but my Coach Chelsea's look and feel very close.

With that said, I'll be buying the SLP Wyatts. Tried them and fell in love

Y'all really convincing me to cop my first pair of Chelseas.

I want a black leather pair with rubber soles though <$200. Anyone got a recommendation?

Last edited:
When folks say wyatt's, I know they are likely referencing the harness boots but it's still misleading. Wyatt correlates more to the 40mm sole. That is like saying the Hedi's (30mm) and expecting someone to know exactly the model you have in mind. Could be chelsea or jodhpur for all I damn well know. Same as how Wyatt's can mean chelsea, side zip, cowboy, or in fact harness :lol:

/rant

When folks say wyatt's, I know they are likely referencing the harness boots but it's still misleading. Wyatt correlates more to the 40mm sole. That is like saying the Hedi's (30mm) and expecting someone to know exactly the model you have in mind. Could be chelsea or jodhpur for all I damn well know. Same as how Wyatt's can mean chelsea, side zip, cowboy, or in fact harness :lol:

/rant

I'm not hip to the lingo, forgive me :lol:

I just like the look and feel, legit thought Wyatt was the name of the boot.

But now it makes sense, because Mr. Porter have 2 harness boots, the wyatt and the regular harness and they look exactly the same.

But when I take a look at these 3 boots

https://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/saint_laurent/suede-harness-boots/653719?ppv=2

https://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/saint_laurent/wyatt-suede-harness-boots/810015?ppv=2

https://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/saint_laurent/wyatt-suede-harness-boots/810017?ppv=2

The first 2 look exactly the same outside of the shade of the sueded being a little darker/richer on one pair but they're named different. Where as the 2nd and 3rd are named the same, but the last definitely has a higher sole.

Confusing, b.

But the 2nd pair is perfect.

PRIME PRIME you gonna cop some heels ?

Wifey likes them, gave me the green light to cop :lol:

When i was contemplating buying online she looked at me funny style, so I said f it, lets go to YSL so you can see for yourself. They looked better in person than she thought.

She was about to clown me out :smh: :lol:

The Allsaints stacks sit so nice on them thangs :pimp:

I just wish Story Et Fall made a harness boot.. Could save some money or cop multiple pairs :smh:

Last edited:
PRIME PRIME you gonna cop some heels ?

What about those or the Wyatt boots make them heels? I swear some of y'all dudes need to find more comfort in your sexuality.
810017_mrp_in_l.jpg

It's a joke. Relax b

Last edited:
What about those or the Wyatt boots make them heels? I swear some of y'all dudes need to find more comfort in your sexuality.
dang girlfriend relax, i think dude was joking....and if a dude thinks something look feminine its his right to think so too

QU!K QU!K is just bringing the bantz b. Its all good :lol:

Another thing, we went to Bottega, and I don't like the feel of their boot in hand. Felt so much cheaper compared to the SLP.

Maybe its the crepe sole vs the stacked leather, or maybe SLP just makes a superior boot, iono. But holding a $900 boot in my hand, I could have closed my eyes and guessed it was about $150 tops. Suede feels super good though. But they felt flimsy.

Yea those wyatts are probably a little too high (the heel, but price also :lol:) for ya boy. Going to cop some SEF chelseas or jodhpurs after the wedding when I'm not broke as hell

Any recs for grey jeans?

Those and another pair of black jeans are on my list for this spring

Getting Pradas for a retail position? That's balling.

I would look at the 1901 line by Nordstrom. They should be around $100 for rubber sole dress shoe models. I swear by them for comfort. I buy a new pair each year to wear to clients out in manufacturing, construction and farm, or when I know I'm going to walk tons.

Fwiw I have a pair of Prada kicks. I got them because of the aesthetic but they're some of the most uncomfy kicks I've worn at any price point.

He must be a retail manager.
Ain't no regular sales associate getting no prada's for work unless they're given with the uniform.

Definitely. I'm actually wearing stone wash with my "Wyatt's" right now lol.

Regular slim fit has no elastane btw.

My grana denim blew out in the crotch area sighhh.. had a good run with them though, that elastane is key

Last edited:
This is gonna sound stupid as hell, but when you go to suitsupply for a suit they do alterations. Does it come with the purchase or do you have to drop more cash for that?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom