Dressing Better Vol 2.0

This is gonna sound stupid as hell, but when you go to suitsupply for a suit they do alterations. Does it come with the purchase or do you have to drop more cash for that?

Prices are reasonable. They do good work.

Well for the ones who have purchased from them, how many alterations did you have to get done? I doubt anyone of you guys left without getting anything altered.

Well for the ones who have purchased from them, how many alterations did you have to get done? I doubt anyone of you guys left without getting anything altered.

Almost always pant length, some times the waist, but that's it. Never needed one of their jackets altered. $15-$25 and better than I could do. If your going to spend $500+ on a suit, an extra couple bucks to make sure it looks and fits good is an easy decision.

Almost always pant length, some times the waist, but that's it. Never needed one of their jackets altered. $15-$25 and better than I could do. If your going to spend $500+ on a suit, an extra couple bucks to make sure it looks and fits good is an easy decision.

I agree. Sorry for the questions guys. I know they've been asked a million times.

Will get my suit soon. Hopefully before spring or the start of summer. Couple things I still need to research though.

Make sure that the shoulders fit. Try on various fits. All depends on your frame and the fit that is best for you. You'll for sure will have to get the trousers hemmed. Their prices are reasonable.

Make sure that the shoulders fit. Try on various fits. All depends on your frame and the fit that is best for you. You'll for sure will have to get the trousers hemmed. Their prices are reasonable.

Yeah I'll go to my local SS and try some on. Looking at the Napoli and Havana. I'm using it for a wedding in August so I'm trying to stay away from a wool suit unless it's a blend. Cotton, linen, mixed, etc. Again I don't really know much, I just know what I want. Navy and slim fit. Basically fitted really good.

I just came back from a wedding where i rocked my blue napoli that i bought last year. Only thing i had done to it was the pants length.

The Napoli is a little cleaner and can be worn in more formal occasions, the Havana is a little more casual but still very nice and wearable for most occasions. The jacket pockets is one of the main differences, and the other is the shoulders. Havana is not padded. The Napoli has just a little padding to square up the shoulder. You will have to see how each fits your shoulders. I can get away with sizing down with Havana (38) but I have to stick with a 40 in the Napoli. I love my blue Napoli. The fit, the color, and the versatility. But I also really like the Havana, Hudson, Athletic, and Sienna. You really can't go wrong. No one will really know the differences. If the suit fits you well and you wear it with confidence, you will get plenty of compliments. The guys at Susu are always very helpful in getting you the correct fit.

Last edited:
Can anyone ID these boots Keanu's wearing? Been seeing him wear these a lot for pressers promoting John Wick 2. Kinda looks like Indy's but can't be sure. 

I got a little blasted last time I mentioned Truman Boots but they look similar to a pair of Trumans I had. This is their stock photo

The Trumans look a little better IMO. Keep in mind, his are worn and broken in, and Trumans can be customized with toe shape, eye hooks, sole, and a number of other options.

Last edited:
Really? Well that changes things.

Which of the two do you like more? I'm leaning towards those two.

Havana has patch pockets but welted pocket on the chest.

Napoli has flap pockets with a welted pocket on chest.

Personally, I think you can get away with either one at a wedding. If you want a more "business" leaning type suit go with the Napoli as it makes it more "formal" due to the pockets. Definitely try on both. I've personally have found that I either need to stay the same size with both or size up on the Havana from Napoli.

Where do lapel pins go? (And no the tie is not staying like that im jus puttin the fit together for dinner tonight)

Im outside my lane

Last edited:
I'm having trouble transitioning into more adult like attire :lol: I wear graphic tees and hoodies quite often. I'm trying to pull ideas from this thread in hopes of dressing more appropriately for my age.

I'm having trouble transitioning into more adult like attire
laugh.gif
I wear graphic tees and hoodies quite often. I'm trying to pull ideas from this thread in hopes of dressing more appropriately for my age.
What's your job? Dress code?

I actually really like that suite with the brown boots up there.

As far as color goes, what would work best with black dress shoes? Navy or blue suit?

I actually really like that suite with the brown boots up there.

As far as color goes, what would work best with black dress shoes? Navy or blue suit?
Black dress shoes go with most suit colors, imo.

I've always liked the dark brown shoes + navy / blue suit combo too.

What's your job? Dress code?
I work in IT as a level 1 analyst. The dress code is not strict that's why I'm mostly in casual clothes. Jeans sneakers and tee shirts on most days. I'm 27 and needing a change.
Cop some nice chinos + button-down shirts (Uniqlo / JCrew / mall brands to start).

Navy / khaki chinos + patterned shirts are a good casual combo that's a bit more dressed up.

Where do lapel pins go? (And no the tie is not staying like that im jus puttin the fit together for dinner tonight)

Im outside my lane
Is that a shawl collar lapel?

Is there a point in your lapel?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom