Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Unless the invitation says something specifically about a casual dress code, wear a suit. Don't be that guy.

I'm trying to figure out why are y'all trying to find a way around a suit at a wedding.
summer wedding... 

maybe it's an outdoor wedding and a suit would be too hot.

i know in houston if you wear a suit to an outdoor summer wedding you are going to die

summer wedding... 

maybe it's an outdoor wedding and a suit would be too hot.
i know in houston if you wear a suit to an outdoor summer wedding you are going to die

Wedding I'm attending is in August. I'm thinking everything but the jacket would be okay to wear.

Linen jacket maybe?

Shirt. No tie, leave the top four buttons unbuttoned

Taco meat szn

Wedding I'm attending is in August. I'm thinking everything but the jacket would be okay to wear.
you can get away with just a nice shirt and trousers....especially a summer wedding.

or a blazer and no tie...if it's an indoor wedding i personally would at least wear a jacket. 

if it's outdoors...you can get away with a lot.

Last edited:
rock some slp jeans, slp chelseas, a short sleeved linen grana or JE shirt and a grenadine bow tie. stunt on dem married folk in AC level cool.

Last edited:
I'm trying to figure out why anyone thinks wearing jeans to a wedding is appropriate.

Last formal event I went to, I rocked ripped jeans, CP chelseas, a silk McQueen blazer, and a t shirt underneath... everyone else was in suits. Don't let "rules" dictate how u dress. I didn't feel like wearing a suit, so I didn't. Express yourself through your clothing. .That's what style is IMO. Obviously, it's not for everyone, but I know some people can relate..sure, there are exceptions, (like big job interviews, or dress codes at work where you should always follow the rules and remain professional)

I got a wedding in july and in september to attend. Cant wait until I get to wear my suits, i look forward to it. Matter of fact im shopping for a blue one this sunday.

Last formal event ?

If you showed up to a wedding like that, I'd hope someone asked you to leave. Foh

People don't realize brides and grooms always complain about people showing underdressed.

Unless the dress code specifically states it's cool to come casual, you're disrespecting the couple by doing your own thing on their day. Part of the transaction is showing up dressed how they ask so they can get nice pictures for their collection. **** your personal style expression.

That's like being like "**** your societal rules! I'm rocking white to this wedding!"

Last edited:
I was recently at my sister's college graduation and while it's not really a formal event or anything it's nice if family members would have avoided wearing shorts or hoodies.

I did laugh when i saw one graduate wearing shorts and red crocs.

Last formal event I went to, I rocked ripped jeans, CP chelseas, a silk McQueen blazer, and a t shirt underneath... everyone else was in suits. Don't let "rules" dictate how u dress. I didn't feel like wearing a suit, so I didn't. Express yourself through your clothing. .That's what style is IMO. Obviously, it's not for everyone, but I know some people can relate..sure, there are exceptions, (like big job interviews, or dress codes at work where you should always follow the rules and remain professional)
Please ignore this post. Some of the worse advice given here. Ripped denim and blazer to a wedding and thought he was doing it. Someone come get they man's

I was just trying to see if I could get away with wearing everything you would with a suit except the jacket.

Can of worms opened though.

Ya, that was an extremely ignorant post/piece of advice there, not to mention selfish. There's a time and a place for everything and that couple's day wasn't about you. People dress formally in those occasions to show respect to the bride and groom and the other guests who have presented the best versions of themselves in terms of dressing. You can be "individual" and dress however you want on every other occasion, but to blatantly say you dress how you want and didn't care if you were under dressed is both disrespectful and kind of classless. I know I would have kicked you out of my wedding if you showed up in ripped jeans...

Back
Top Bottom