Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Y'alls is allergic to luxurious wool suits or something?

Nothing more dangerous than handsome DBNT fam rocking a perfectly tailored suit to a wedding

Yambs not ready

Last edited:
Last formal event I went to, I rocked ripped jeans, CP chelseas, a silk McQueen blazer, and a t shirt underneath... everyone else was in suits. Don't let "rules" dictate how u dress. I didn't feel like wearing a suit, so I didn't. Express yourself through your clothing. .That's what style is IMO. Obviously, it's not for everyone, but I know some people can relate..sure, there are exceptions, (like big job interviews, or dress codes at work where you should always follow the rules and remain professional)
You also mentioned job interviews and work dress codes being more important than a couple's special wedding day? Really?

CP chelsea boots are also like the most casual of chelsea boot so they don't even pair well with a blazer at all. Dude even said he wore a T-SHIRT under the blazer LOL. Do you man but that wasn't right imo.

I'm trying to figure out why anyone thinks wearing jeans to a wedding is appropriate.
im trying to figure out why not wearing a suit automatically equates to cats wearing jeans to a wedding though...

mans is wylin up there though

Last edited:
I was just trying to see if I could get away with wearing everything you would with a suit except the jacket.

Can of worms opened though.
Most in this thread will agree with me that you will be "dressing better" with a matching jacket to go with your slacks and shirt. 

If heat is your concern at an outdoor summer wedding and the dress code is a little lax, i'd say you can rock a nice polo underneath a well tailored suit. I'd definitely pair it with loafers and no socks/belt. But even that would be pushing the envelope. 

If you go to a farm wedding maybe you can get away with everything but the jacket

There are some truly amazing light weight wool, and pure linen suits out there that are cool and comfortable for warm summer days. There are also some terrible suit fabrics that will cook you if you wear them in the summer. I wear a pure linen suit from suitsupply paired with one of their light weight shirts regularly in the Arizona summers and stay very comfortable. Wear a suit, or at minimum, nice pants and a sharp jacket. Wear the right fabric during the right season and life is good.

Last edited:
If you go to a farm wedding maybe you can get away with everything but the jacket

You would say this because Wenger goes to a dumpster to coach a terrible team wearing a suit.
Not even trying to slander b :rolleyes

Farm weddings are a thing

farm_praire_wedding_11.jpg

Last edited:
Gents - is it ever acceptable to wear a dark colored bowtie with a black tux?

I had a tux made for my brother's wedding when I was one of his groomsmen so I've been wearing it for a lot of the weddings lately.

I always feel sorta overdressed as the groomsmen of the party is usually in a black tux as well. Just trying to mix around some colors so i'm not as "formal".

I think its fine to wear other colored ties, but if this isn't a black tie wedding why not wear a regular suit?

edit: Next month. Last year I placed an order on 7/18

Discounts significant during that sale?
Yeah but just don't go into it expecting to find basics. Rather than your most versatile navy suit, you likely will come across a tobacco brown jawn or some excessive plaid jacket.

Additionally, shirting is a true come up so peep that.

It seems that if the advice I post in this thread doesn't go along with the "norm" it's automatically considered bad advice. I stand by my outfit choice. As I said, it's not for everyone.

Last edited:
It seems that if the advice I post in this thread doesn't go along with the "norm" it's automatically considered bad advice. I stand by my outfit choice. As I said, it's not for everyone.
No one said you didn't have a choice to wear what you wanted. People were disagreeing with the appropriateness of what you wore to a specific event (a wedding) and that's our right to do so as well. Are you expecting people to agree with everything you post? 100% of the time...there will be multiple people with differing opinions on all comments.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom