Dressing Better Vol 2.0

NO HATE

but vent's depend on the style of jacket or suiting you choose. American prep, trad styles, such as those from Brooks Brothers go with a simple center vent, while more euro styles come from the riding tradition of double vents. No vents are less functional, but adding a better line from jacket to pants. 

Choosing which one has more to do with your body type, a portly men should go with the double vent, while slimmer men can get away with wearing the center, and no vent style.

happy thanksgiving db bros, enjoy!
+1. Happy Thanksgiving to all of the dudes here.

I was thinking this over, and I think sreezy may have started something positive. Since I never got a reply from the mod regarding 'the box' idea...if anyone has something to give away, I think it would be cool to post pictures initially on this thread, and perhaps link that initial post to your sig for others to see in the future until someone takes the item(s) off you.

Looking at that Levi's sale, anybody own a Levi's slim trucker jacket?
http://us.levi.com/product/index.js...46842.16917376.16917716&fbn=4372843|null|null
That's the one I was looking at, I was thinking of sizing down to a Medium but anyone know how these fit? Or have any pics of them wearing it so I can get an idea?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

And Happy Thanksgiving to you all and your families DB fam!!
I actually sized up on mine, so I could layer with it. If your just going to wear it over a button up or shirt only then I would get your normal size, it fits great through the shoulders 
pimp.gif

I love mine they had 30% off at the outlet last week so I had to grab one, wish I would have known they would go up to 40% 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Agreed to some extent... But I believe that the body style goes more into play when deciding against the styles. The center and no vent are not appropriate on all body types. That said if you have the body type for any of the styles... I think the double is much nicer and gives a great tailored look when done right. Also the center and no vent I believe look better with more casual style jackets/suiting. Again a lot of it comes down to personal preference.

Does anyone know a brand that makes brown chinos/pants that aren't too skinny, maybe more on the tapered side? I have a pair from Hawkings Mcgill but they only look good with low tops & my AJ1's. I want a pair that would go well with the 4's.

Does anyone know a brand that makes brown chinos/pants that aren't too skinny, maybe more on the tapered side? I have a pair from Hawkings Mcgill but they only look good with low tops & my AJ1's. I want a pair that would go well with the 4's.
Levi's 511. If you want more slim than that, J. Crew 484.

Took some time to care for my rugged footwear this morning:

Right on! Thanks again Wisith. Do Levi's have olive trousers or jeans/pants as well?

NO HATE

but vent's depend on the style of jacket or suiting you choose. American prep, trad styles, such as those from Brooks Brothers go with a simple center vent, while more euro styles come from the riding tradition of double vents. No vents are less functional, but adding a better line from jacket to pants. 

Choosing which one has more to do with your body type, a portly men should go with the double vent, while slimmer men can get away with wearing the center, and no vent style.

Double vented jackets also use more fabric. Personally I like the look of the double vent as I see it as much more sophisticated looking.

What do you guys feel about wearing brand such as A&F, ae? Childish? Okay for casual?

opinions...I ask because I got a lil part-time job there and everything is cheap since I work there, so I minus well use that to my advantage right?

What do you guys feel about wearing brand such as A&F, ae? Childish? Okay for casual?
opinions...I ask because I got a lil part-time job there and everything is cheap since I work there, so I minus well use that to my advantage right?

I have a part time job there in the summer, and their shorts are always on point for 20 bucks.. I rock their OCBD's pretty often, but i use a seamripper to take the moose logo off.. quality is good and fit is really nice..

Hoping I can cop a pea coat from jcrew tonight for the low

Those brands have a high school feel because of their stereotypical image of an ugly graphic t shirt, super worn out jeans, and heavy fragrance (for AF) that can be smelled 40 feet before you enter the store. If you can get the low key pieces, ie collar shirts, at a great discount and it fits your style...go for it!

Thanks man, tried that. It's cranberry sauce and they're unwashed and dark so it doesn't look bad but it's definitely visible. Ended up putting them in on the hand wash cycle.

Back
Top Bottom