Dressing Better Vol 2.0

How do you guys feel about peacoats that aren't navy? Tried on the one at gap as they have a nice sale on it currently. The fit and look seemed pretty good buy I'm not kinda torn since its a charcoal grey. maybe its throwing me off since i'm used to navy mainly. What do you guys think?
I dislike navy peacoats because they're so mundane. This is why I opted for a camel one.

PS got the AIr Max 1 in Leopard today, will rock on Friday :lol:

How light/dark are the Oakwood suede color Clark's desert boots?

I saw the Oakwood pair in person today but I couldn't tell how light/dark they were. The store was too dimly lit for some odd-reason.

camel peacoats are pretty awesome. usually aren't made by more affordable brands from what i've seen. i know burberry makes them, but i don't want to spend 800-1k range which is what i think they cost.

cole haan bergen

ok53sl.jpg

What's everyone wearing tonight for any Thanksgiving Eve event they are going to?

Since it is the season for giving, I have a few items to give away to the niketalk fam...All that I require is that whoever chooses to recieve the item pay for all of the shipping costs..And if u feel in the mood to add on a token of appreiciation gift that would also be greatly appreciated (lol)..PM if ur interested (bigger guys will def benefit L-XL)

RL Denim Supply Chunky Shawl Cardigan Purchased last December OG retail $185.00.. Worn ONCE             Size XL

BB Black Fleece Oxford Size BB4 (Slim Large)..Purchased during Mr. Porter Summer Sale..too small..Washed and worn once (as I do before wearing all of my oxfords)

Bass Weejun Size 13 Worn a handfull of times (collecting Dust)..Penny loafers just aren't for me

Americn Giant 100% Cotton Fleece Baseball/Varsity Jacket Made in San Francisco..Great Company Great Fleece..Just not for me   Never worn ouside of the house                   Size XL

LLBean Signature Navy Barracuda Jacket (trim fit) never worn outside of the house                 Size XL

I will a few more items up for grabs in the near as well
Update Black Fleece Oxford will be shipped to @BIGBOSS

Since it is the season for giving, I have a few items to give away to the niketalk fam...All that I require is that whoever chooses to recieve the item pay for all of the shipping costs..And if u feel in the mood to add on a token of appreiciation gift that would also be greatly appreciated (lol)..PM if ur interested (bigger guys will def benefit L-XL)

RL Denim Supply Chunky Shawl Cardigan Purchased last December OG retail $185.00.. Worn ONCE             Size XL

BB Black Fleece Oxford Size BB4 (Slim Large)..Purchased during Mr. Porter Summer Sale..too small..Washed and worn once (as I do before wearing all of my oxfords)

Bass Weejun Size 13 Worn a handfull of times (collecting Dust)..Penny loafers just aren't for me

Americn Giant 100% Cotton Fleece Baseball/Varsity Jacket Made in San Francisco..Great Company Great Fleece..Just not for me   Never worn ouside of the house                   Size XL

LLBean Signature Navy Barracuda Jacket (trim fit) never worn outside of the house                 Size XL

I will a few more items up for grabs in the near as well

It's very generous of you to do that but it might be a better idea to just delete the item from your original post and keep the rest in PMs.

Just saying.

Anyone know of any sites that sell APC or Nudies that will be in sale this week? I need a nice pair of denim but I don't have anywhere near me that carries them so I don't know what to do about sizing.

^Tres Bien has APC/Nudie
APCs come out to like 160 with 15% off WINTERDEAL
Nudies price will depend on which one

Self edge will probably will a 3 day sale 10% sale that will be announced later. There's also the code Styleforum for self edge nudies

Picked up those H&M sweats posted in here earlier, they're really comfortable wore the gray ones all day today :lol:, also got a slim fit shirt from Jcrew Factory

10rtvu9.jpg

The Knottery: 25% off with code GOBBLE; begins Thursday, ends Monday
Freemans Sporting Club: 20% off tailored clothing & sportswear with code STUFFING; Friday only
American Giant: 40% off; begins Friday, ends Monday
Charles Tyrwhitt: Buy 1 shirt, get 2 free; going on now, ends Monday
Gant: Up to 40% off; going on now
Neiman Marcus Last Call: 40% off; going on now, ends Thursday
Country Club Prep: 25% off; begins Friday, ends Monday
Ralph Lauren: extra 25% off selected sale items; going on now, ends Monday
Rugby Ralph Lauren: 30% off; gong on now, ends Monday
Club Monaco: extra 30% off sale items; going on now, ends Monday
J.Press: 25% off with code PSNOV12; going on now (private sale), opens to public Thursday
3sixteen: 10% off with code BF2012; Friday only
Sir & Madame: 25% off plus $10 credit for every $100 spent; Friday only
Ovadia & Sons: Up to 30% off plus free shipping with code TURKEY; going on now, ends Monday
Fine & Dandy Shop: Free shipping with code HOLIDAY2012 on orders $50 or more; ends Monday
Corter Leather: 20% off with code BLKFRDY; begins Friday, ends Monday
Tanner Goods: Use code BLACK to receive free gifts when spending a certain amount; Friday only
Indochino: 30% off all orders over $700 with code BLACKFRIDAY12; going on now, ends Monday
Oi Polloi: 20%-80% off various items; ends today (Wednesday)
Lands’ End/Lands End Canvas: 30% off with code WONDERLAND and PIN 2126; going on now, ends Monday
Neiman Marcus: extra 20% off sale items; going on now, ends Saturday morning
J.Crew: 25% off with code COLOR25; going on now, ends Sunday
L.L.Bean/L.L.Bean Signature: 10% off with code THANKS10; going on now, ends Tuesday
Dockers: 30% off orders $100 or more with code TURKEY30; going on now, ends Sunday
The Corner: 30% off most items with code THANKYOU; going on now, ends Monday
Rogue Territory: 30% off orders $250 or more with code RGTBLKFRI30; going on now, ends Saturday

Levis stores. 25% off entire store including LVC, vintage bags and accessories

BLACKFRIDAY at Hickoree's for 20% off

MAAS & STACKS 20% off 11/22 - 11/26
http://www.maasandstacks.com/

Defy Bags on 35% discount all purchases
Killspencer on 20% discount over $300

Extra 15% off at Yoox with YOOXTHANKS.

Sreezy hitting you up about the shawl cardigan. Big ups man! Will be posting something later today thatI'd like to giveaway.

Can I get any tuxedo help in here? I have a ball I have to attend in Feburary and looking into getting my very first tux.
I'm looking at these MTM websites and I don't know the "rules" about tuxes. Any help would be appreciated. I'm talking about the whole thing, tux, shirt and shoes.

I know I want a shawl lapel but that's about it.

^Tres Bien has APC/Nudie
APCs come out to like 160 with 15% off WINTERDEAL
Nudies price will depend on which one
Self edge will probably will a 3 day sale 10% sale that will be announced later. There's also the code Styleforum for self edge nudies
Thanks bro, do I need to size down on them if I cant find anywhere to try on first? I'd like some that are semi skinny and straight leg tapered like some 501's 
Thanks again bro, can't wait to get it 
pimp.gif

Can I get any tuxedo help in here? I have a ball I have to attend in Feburary and looking into getting my very first tux.
I'm looking at these MTM websites and I don't know the "rules" about tuxes. Any help would be appreciated. I'm talking about the whole thing, tux, shirt and shoes.
I know I want a shawl lapel but that's about it.

Much like a suit, just make sure it fits properly. Shirt is all on you in terms of preference, you don't have to go with the typical traditional tuxedo shirt, I'd personally go with a white shirt, with a spread collar and a hidden placket. The hidden placket is an additional piece of fabric that covers the buttons, plus you can double it as a dress shirt. Shoes, go with plain toe black leather shoes, plain toe, can double as a formal tuxedo shoe as well as a shoe for all your suits. Lastly just make sure the bow tie or tie is the same as color of the cross grain on the lapels. If you want to be different go with a navy tux.

Here's a couple of tips from thestyleblogger and some pics for reference:
http://tsbmen.com/2672/fallwinter-formalwear/1/

Yeah I was thinking one or two too. But after reading a little bit more, I saw that some even say tuxes can do no vent.

I would say if you had to choose one, the side vents are a bit nicer and more forgiving than the center vent. It is also easier on your tailor with the side vents. That said they are all ok for certain occasions including no vent.

Back
Top Bottom