Dressing Better Vol 2.0

agreed i stopped wearing one a long time ago

no need for it

Last edited:
Definitely not walking through wind tunnels, but a gust of wind blowing my tie around drives me mad. And I'm the type of person who likes to have everything in place and secure. The tie bar helps a lot to keep my tie in order when I'm carrying my messenger bag.

To each his own, though.

I didn't realize it was overdone. I rarely see tie bars in NYC.

Last edited:

Doesn't the vest defeat the purpose of the tie bar?
yes... it looks dumb when people do this and have the tie bar super high just to show it off
Now this I can't defend, and I see high *** tie bars all the time. Grinds my gears.

Same here. I remember hearing Guy Ritchie explain the pocket square. Said it's how a man makes a suit his own. Without a pocket square it looks like you have to wear it, with one it looks like you chose to wear it.

Also always use a tie bar, too. Doesn't matter if I'm wearing a suit or a cardigan. Those accessories really personalize and make it your's.
If wearing a tie bar people tend to have it too high. I've read it should be between the 3rd and 4th button. I don't like it too low so I have it right under the 3rd.
I made that mistake the first time I wore one to my boy's wedding, and someone corrected me. Thankful for that exchange.
laugh.gif

But yeah, third and fourth are my standard, too. A tiny bit under the third, too for me. Too low or too high is a dead giveaway that you're trying too hard. I definitely googled it to find out for sure.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I will not fall into the uniqlo sock sale trap again(repeated 3x)

It's too easy to fill up half a dresser with them!

I work in a fashion environment where most men are wearing suits, don't be the guy who wears a tie bar everyday. Pull it out on the occasional day, or else you look like your being anal

I have always been complimented on uniqlo socks.
I just buy them when they're on sale but I guess people notice.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Definitely not walking through wind tunnels, but a gust of wind blowing my tie around drives me mad. And I'm the type of person who likes to have everything in place and secure. The tie bar helps a lot to keep my tie in order when I'm carrying my messenger bag.

To each his own, though.

I didn't realize it was overdone. I rarely see tie bars in NYC.

They seemed popular years ago, now you have people telling you not to wear one. I don't like my tie moving around a lot either.

Damn didn't know always wearing a tie bar is serious business. Dudes looking at you sideways for putting on a clip :lol:

I have never heard of the tie clip hate. NT is another animal man. :lol:

I wear one most days just cause I like my tie to not move at all.

To each his own.

It's such a pet peeve when I see a tie bar that high.
It's supposed to go between 3rd and 4th button.
There's no point at all in having it on with a vest lol

It's such a pet peeve when I see a tie bar that high.
It's supposed to go between 3rd and 4th button.
There's no point at all in having it on with a vest lol
Wearing a tie bar with a vest is the equivalent of wearing a belt with suspenders. It just doesn't make sense...

Last edited:
I have never heard of the tie clip hate. NT is another animal man. :lol:

I wear one most days just cause I like my tie to not move at all.

To each his own.
These dudes feel uncomfortable if someone stares at them longer than 5 seconds. Some of these made up rules are just their personal insecurities showing up. Pay them no mind.

Last edited:
These dudes feel uncomfortable if someone stares at them longer than 5 seconds. Some of these made up rules are just their personal insecurities showing up. Pay them no mind.
usually i agree with you but wearing a tie bar too high or with a vest isn't a personal rule...its just not practical and makes no sense

usually i agree with you but wearing a tie bar too high or with a vest isn't a personal rule...its just not practical and makes no sense
Those two I agree with, but I could've sworn I seen unnecessary complaining somewhere so I just let off the Draco without even thinking :lol:

A tie bar imo is mandatory. The vest worn with it although isn't necessary, I feel you look more dapper with it so I wear the vest.

Back
Top Bottom