Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Anyone have any JE denim that can comment on how the cast 2 fits?

I usually wear a 31/32 in rag & bone fit 1 but when I tried on 31s in the cast 2 at barneys (no 32s or 33s to try on unfortunately) I had trouble buttoning and it was pretty tight in the thigh. Debating whether or not I'd be a 32/33... suggestions?
The Cast 2's stretch considerably, so you should be fine with a 32. I wear a 32/34 usually and just get the waist taken in with other jeans, but a 32 in the Cast 2 fits me perfectly.

Wanted to clue you guys in to a new line that R.Culturi will be releasing in full in the next few weeks. We have been working over the past few months on sample iterations of our "Heritage" line which consists of grenadine, silk knit, and raw shantung options and I am happy to say we are finally set. All ties are made in Italy and are self tipped, with exception to knits as that would produce quite an awful drape :lol:

Colors available are as follows:
Grenadine- Navy, Forest Green, Brown
Shantung- Forest Green, Burgundy, Brown
Knitted- Navy, Olive, Rust

Our price point is $95 for gren and shantung and $85 for knits but if anyone here is interested, I can provide a discount for DBNT. Please PM me and we can sort out details.

Last edited:
SuitSupply shoes are terrible quality for that price point. I just wait for the sample sales, all the shoes you see on the site are available for $60 in store.

The Cast 2's stretch considerably, so you should be fine with a 32. I wear a 32/34 usually and just get the waist taken in with other jeans, but a 32 in the Cast 2 fits me perfectly.
Repped. What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:
Lol. I wear a 9 in Gucci (I'm assuming it's a U.K. Sizing).

And I've measured my foot. It's between 11.2-11.5 with the funky shoe sizer at the store. 11 in Nikes are tight for me.

So if I'm an 11 UK, I should probably go with the 10 (or even the 9.5 you mentioned).

Do you have any Allen Edwards? They have a sale right now.

Allen Edmonds? Yes. I'm an 11US with them. What size are you with AE? I may be able to give you a better idea of what size to go with in regards to Meermin/Carmina based on that.

Wanted to clue you guys in to a new line that R.Culturi will be releasing in full in the next few weeks. We have been working over the past few months on sample iterations of our "Heritage" line which consists of grenadine, silk knit, and raw shantung options and I am happy to say we are finally set. All ties are made in Italy and are self tipped, with exception to knits as that would produce quite an awful drape
laugh.gif

Our price point is $95 for gren and shantung and $85 for knits but if anyone here is interested, I can provide a discount for DBNT. Please PM me and we can sort out details.

Gonna have to get some of these bad boys 

What changes?
Their CEO stepped down today.

Was reading an article yesterday about. The former ceo admitted they tried to get into high end brand territory and failed. Their prices were ridiculous for a lot of stuff. They should be a little closer to uniqlo pricing.

I try not to buy stuff from them and only the factory store since they have better sales but ordered a denim jacket since the price was actually good.

Was reading an article yesterday about. The former ceo admitted they tried to get into high end brand territory and failed. Their prices were ridiculous for a lot of stuff. They should be a little closer to uniqlo pricing.

I try not to buy stuff from them and only the factory store since they have better sales but ordered a denim jacket since the price was actually good.
You're bugging. J Crew quality>>>>>>>>>>Uniqlo.

Nah, not bugging. Just suggested their pricing should go down. Probably one of the reasons them and polo are struggling. With uniqlo we don't have to spend too much just for the basic items.

Wanted to clue you guys in to a new line that R.Culturi will be releasing in full in the next few weeks. We have been working over the past few months on sample iterations of our "Heritage" line which consists of grenadine, silk knit, and raw shantung options and I am happy to say we are finally set. All ties are made in Italy and are self tipped, with exception to knits as that would produce quite an awful drape :lol:

Always happy to support a fellow nter with a business venture and the ties look good

Here's a fit pic of the JE flannel I recently ordered (excuse quality btw, I don't normally do fit pics).

Size: S
Height: 5'7
Weight: 153

Flannel itself is great imo. However, the overshirt I copped from a few seasons back has plastic caps over the buttons. Nearly half of them have since fallen off.

Glad I did not pay anywhere close to retail for it. :rolleyes

When's an appropriate time to rock a pocket square with your suit?
Yeah it's always mandatory for me, feel off without one. Also been using a tie bar and vest always recently.
Same here. I remember hearing Guy Ritchie explain the pocket square. Said it's how a man makes a suit his own. Without a pocket square it looks like you have to wear it, with one it looks like you chose to wear it.

Also always use a tie bar, too. Doesn't matter if I'm wearing a suit or a cardigan. Those accessories really personalize and make it your's.

Same here. I remember hearing Guy Ritchie explain the pocket square. Said it's how a man makes a suit his own. Without a pocket square it looks like you have to wear it, with one it looks like you chose to wear it.

Also always use a tie bar, too. Doesn't matter if I'm wearing a suit or a cardigan. Those accessories really personalize and make it your's.
If wearing a tie bar people tend to have it too high. I've read it should be between the 3rd and 4th button. I don't like it too low so I have it right under the 3rd.

Sup fellas, I need some good quality but inexpensive ($70>) casual and dress shoes for work and some inexpensive chinos that are athletic or modern fit. Can't believe it's hard to find chinos or slacks with a nice tapered bottom to fit me (36w34-36l). Been looking for a while and haven't had much luck outside of random Macy's sales, any help is appreciated

Back
Top Bottom