Dressing Better Vol 2.0

This. I remember I was midway through my weight loss process and bought a few pairs of $250 jeans that I was only able to use for a month or two.
To all my gentlemen who wear pocket squares, where do you get them from? I've always purchased mine from designer brands. However, my father recently went to the fashion district in NYC and bought several pieces of fabric, took them to his tailor and got them cut and the edges rolled for about ~$6 each. The silk feels amazing and the patterns are elegant as well, I'm just curious if anyone else has experimented with something similar for their pocket squares.
Edit: Also, while we're on the topic, how do you guys store your pocket squares? I may have somewhere between 30-40 and I have two old jewelry boxes that I keep them in. I'm re-organizing my closet tomorrow and I'd like to do something where they could remain visible.
I only have about 15 and I keep them folded in a box.

If I had more, I would no doubt get this bad boy: http://www.kentwang.com/accessories/pocket-square-rack.html

I absolutely love this picture. It can be a low key BMW ad :lol:
tumblr_mdzfqmS0iU1rsrango1_500.jpg

So I bought a couple of BR Non-Ironed tailored slim-fit shirts for 30% off. The fit is nice but I expected it to be more fitted. Is this the slimmest fit BR has to offer? If so, i'll prolly have to take it to the tailor...

So I bought a couple of BR Non-Ironed tailored slim-fit shirts for 30% off. The fit is nice but I expected it to be more fitted. Is this the slimmest fit BR has to offer? If so, i'll prolly have to take it to the tailor...
BR's slim is still not really slim. Spend that $15 for the tailor to take in the sides and/or width of sleeves, man.

The MMM x HM thread on SF says otherwise. Members from around the country are saying their branch has the stuff marked down.
RE: pocket squares. Mines are from Kent Wang (www.kentwang.com) and Banana Republic with deep discount.
Tonight:
Went to get food at friend's birthday dinner. $100 steak had me feeling very bloated and heavy, will visit the gym tomorrow morning and do double time.

Nice fit. Info on the cardigan? That sleeve detail seems to have taken off.

lebron-james.jpg

Last edited:
The MMM x HM thread on SF says otherwise. Members from around the country are saying their branch has the stuff marked down.

Yeah Im following that thread. Austin is the only one to report the mark down. Peps keep begging Austin heads to proxy.

There are some places that marked down the msrp. It seems that the sides zips are retailing in some markets for 300 and 150 in others.

Some of the 300 markets have changed their retail to 150.

Austin had a 50 off the lower retail price.

I want to post the memo they sent the Austin store but dont want to get peps in trouble.

Last edited:
Can someone help me out on fits and sizing of these pants?

J Crew 484 and urban slim

Dockers Alpha Khaki

I'm looking for slimmest as possible, not skinny nor regular fit.

Just got back from Milan, no such thing as not dressing the best there.

FAscinating, what good taste people have and the amount of money they invest into their wardrobe.

Can someone help me out on fits and sizing of these pants?

J Crew 484 and urban slim

Dockers Alpha Khaki

I'm looking for slimmest as possible, not skinny nor regular fit.

what do you want to know? the 484's although I haven't had a pair in a couple years always ran a size small in the waist for me and they are slim but not too tight

the Alpha Khaki's are pretty slim and I would go true to size; I saw so sick blue camo ones at Nordstorm the other day

Nice fit. Info on the cardigan? That sleeve detail seems to have taken off.
lebron-james.jpg
Thanks! It's from J. Crew's Spring 2010 collection. RFX is correct about Thom and stripes.

RE: J. Crew 484. I have a pair and it fits a bit looser around the waist than other trousers in the same size, but not too noticeable. J. Crew's pants are also notoriously novelty sized as well.

just got back from milan.

Italy in general is crazy in terms of fashion. Its just weird seeing what people get away with wearing on a regular basis...coats draped over their shoulders, huge bright colored scarves, dudes drinking during siesta in high end suits, and the women......best dressed women in the world imo, and ive been to paris and ny.

That red nike sweater is dope btw :smokin

Last edited:
DB Fam, this is one accessory that changed my life and I think most people should invest in:

wurkin-stiffs-power-stays.jpg

You put the collar stay in your shirt, as you would any other, then you put the magnet on the inside of the shirt to help keep your collar stiff and rigid. This has helped tremendously for me when wearing a sport coat or suit and a dress shirt without a tie. My friends call me a "Collar Elitist" now because once you begin wearing them you'll immediately start to notice when others have floppy and disheveled collars. They can be found at link below or Nordstrom (where I got mine from). I have also seen individual sets sold at Nordstrom Rack for $15 if you just want to try them out and prefer not to order a set of 3. I honestly never wear a dress shirt without them anymore.

http://wurkinstiffs.com/shop-online/powerstays-collar-stays.html

old navy peacoats are 40 bucks in stores I think still.. Check em out if you're on a budget. If you need a cheap watch get a timex weekender, I picked one up and its pretty versatile and nice looking for 20 bucks

DB Fam, this is one accessory that changed my life and I think most people should invest in:

wurkin-stiffs-power-stays.jpg

You put the collar stay in your shirt, as you would any other, then you put the magnet on the inside of the shirt to help keep your collar stiff and rigid. This has helped tremendously for me when wearing a sport coat or suit and a dress shirt without a tie. My friends call me a "Collar Elitist" now because once you begin wearing them you'll immediately start to notice when others have floppy and disheveled collars. They can be found at link below or Nordstrom (where I got mine from). I have also seen individual sets sold at Nordstrom Rack for $15 if you just want to try them out and prefer not to order a set of 3. I honestly never wear a dress shirt without them anymore.

http://wurkinstiffs.com/shop-online/powerstays-collar-stays.html

:smokin I've heard/seen a lot of good things about them, but couldn't you also buy magnets off ebay and then some metal collar stays for even less? May not work as well but I was just wondering....I may invest in some once I get back home from school

what do you want to know? the 484's although I haven't had a pair in a couple years always ran a size small in the waist for me and they are slim but not too tight
the Alpha Khaki's are pretty slim and I would go true to size; I saw so sick blue camo ones at Nordstorm the other day
Thank you so much!

Don't stores usually give you a small discount if the last pair of shoes you want to buy are the display ones?
Went into a store and they didn't even offer a discount so i just bounced.

How is everyone doing that's in the Secret Santa program? I think a good guideline would be to have the items shipped by the first week of December to ensure timely delivery by Xmas at the latest. The post office becomes a mad house around that time, it's almost as bad as the last day to submit your taxes :lol:

Also, I highly recommend Kiehl's lotion to anyone who has dry skin. I've used a crap load of different lotions out there, and while my skin is fine for the first couple of hours, it gets dried out as the day goes on. It becomes irritable in the winter time and I have to keep applying the lotion throughout the day. Kiehl's is very rich and prevents my skin from drying out. They're having a special of $20 off $75 or more purchases at the moment.

def buy online and get the slim version; the regular fit they have in stores is horrible
Yes. That was my beef with their 'slim fit' shirts. It's American slim, but if you're on the Asian/Euro slim side, you'll be swimming in it. Their new slim fit is very close to a true slim and I can wear it with no tailoring required.

Back
Top Bottom