Dressing Better Vol 2.0

RE: Milan, and modern Europe in general...they are very accepting to fashion and aren't as 'fearful' as Americans. I remember when I saw my dad (who lives back in the homeland) like 8-10 years ago rocking a murse (man purse)...my first thought was "if I post this on NT, dudes would be saying AYO for pages to come". The bag is actually very functional, holds his notebook, pens, cell phone, etc.

Yes. That was my beef with their 'slim fit' shirts. It's American slim, but if you're on the Asian/Euro slim side, you'll be swimming in it. Their new slim fit is very close to a true slim and I can wear it with no tailoring required.

Love J. Crew's slim fit shirts. Same with Club Monaco as well. I can't even go into Banana or GAP to buy button ups because they don't have slim fits there (at least I don't remember them having them) Express has a dress shirt that is really slim (that kinda fits)

I feel like bigger guys cant pull off a lot of these fashionable looks. An no im not fat either.

I feel like bigger guys cant pull off a lot of these fashionable looks. An no im not fat either.
Why not?

Last edited:

A lot of them can. Just get what "fits". Fit is the #1 thing for me when I go shopping. If it's really nice but the fit sucks, best believe I won't be making that purchase. I told my friend his clothes really didn't fit and he listens to me a year later. He's a size 30 but was buying size 32 511's & wearing a belt, wearing a Medium when he should be wearing a Small. However, there are certain things I feel like I can't pull off/will look good on me (motorcycle jackets being one of them).

How is everyone doing that's in the Secret Santa program? I think a good guideline would be to have the items shipped by the first week of December to ensure timely delivery by Xmas at the latest. The post office becomes a mad house around that time, it's almost as bad as the last day to submit your taxes :lol:
Also, I highly recommend Kiehl's lotion to anyone who has dry skin. I've used a crap load of different lotions out there, and while my skin is fine for the first couple of hours, it gets dried out as the day goes on. It becomes irritable in the winter time and I have to keep applying the lotion throughout the day. Kiehl's is very rich and prevents my skin from drying out. They're having a special of $20 off $75 or more purchases at the moment.

I'm on the same page as Bama, I'm almost done on my Secret Santa shopping, would like to pick up a couple of more things for my SS. I am planning to send my stuff out to my SS by the end of the first week of December. I'll PM Grizzlyboy and post on here when I have sent out my SS gifts. I think we should send our tracking confirmation to Grizz as well just in case. Going to get my SS some shoe trees next time I swing by Nordstrom Rack.

Yeap, it really is all about fit. There are certain things I'll stay away from-horizontal stripes for example lol. There are other things that I just don't feel comfortable "pulling off" either though.

that's a banana republic jacket. looks way better there than it does on the website. haven't seen it in person though.

It's tough or me to say much on this thread recently with everyone talking winter clothes. Dallas, TX was 50 yesterday and 78 today. One day it's a tee the next a small hoodie. Bipolar weather. 8)

It's tough or me to say much on this thread recently with everyone talking winter clothes. Dallas, TX was 50 yesterday and 78 today. One day it's a tee the next a small hoodie. Bipolar weather. 8)

Tell me about it. Living in AZ means rarely any winter clothes for me. It was 64 last week now it's mid 80s this week

Went to JCP today to check out their poor man's Barbour ($25). Pleased with the fit and quality, now I'm just hoping the olive color that I ordered looks good.

Regarding watches: are there rules regarding matching with them? I was thinking about copping the Bauhaus on kent wang but its a brown leather strap and I want a watch that can match any suit color that I choose to wear and I feel the brown one don't match every suit.

Regarding watches: are there rules regarding matching with them? I was thinking about copping the Bauhaus on kent wang but its a brown leather strap and I want a watch that can match any suit color that I choose to wear and I feel the brown one don't match every suit.
Just go with a classy set up and you're good regardless of the color of the strap, be it black or blue. It's not the same as matching your sneakers with fitted caps, my man. It's all about coordination. The Kent Wang one is a minimalist design and is a timeless piece, anything sort of orange or yellow strap will be versatile.

Back
Top Bottom