Dressing Better Vol 2.0

damb, they should let some street wear heads take over.

like old school NT, Jkissi or someone like them

was nick wooster in charge before?

as far as overcoats/jackets go

double vs single breast? feel like single looks a lot better ...

This is the worst of all videos to try and i.d. shoes in, but these are Adidas yung-1's right? When he's in the blue jacket and dancing for clarity.

I buy some blazers on sale from J Crew every once in a while, but to me, their problem is that 90% of their clothes look like Goodwill or 60 year old man attire. It also doesn't help that a lot of their "slim" clothes are not slim AT ALL in the torso

Forget 60, what person under the age of 80 have you seen wear clothes like these?

Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 1.22.16 PM.png

My closet was full of J.Crew 2 years ago. I feel what you’re saying but was always told I pulled it off well. Got asked at work often where I shopped plus friends.

I’ve since moved on due to quality issues.

Ordered 2 blazers from them during cyber Monday. The wool herringbone blazer is really nice. Have a pair of garment dyed 484 stretch jeans and they’re awesome.

Their denim and denim jackets suck though. Way overpriced for jeans that are very flimsy and don’t seem durable.

I personally would wear that tartan but I feel you. Let’s not even talk about the fit of their clothes. Beyond laughable

Looks like a plain anorak / rain jacket. Saw similar stuff on Nordstrom and Nordstrom rack.

I buy some blazers on sale from J Crew every once in a while, but to me, their problem is that 90% of their clothes look like Goodwill or 60 year old man attire. It also doesn't help that a lot of their "slim" clothes are not slim AT ALL in the torso

Forget 60, what person under the age of 80 have you seen wear clothes like these?

Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 1.22.16 PM.png
This. All of this.

I think J. Crew about to go belly up.
Inevitable, Gap not far behind as well.

Their business models were too closely tied to retail presence and add-ons in store. This combined with growing inequality creates less demand for mid market clothing.

Poor people go to H&M, Old Navy etc.........Rich folks dropping 500 on off white tees.

Does the texture of old navy clothes still feel like sandpaper? I do like their activewear.

Surprised gap hasn’t tried to be more like uniqlo. gap jeans fit horrible, waist is always too big and their slim pants aren’t really slim.

i copped two flannel shifts and a wool sweater from j crew's online factory shop last year that have been good to me. the fits on their slim oxfords were disappointing though. the arms were far from slim so i had to get them tailored. it's a shame how hit/miss they've become.

Wouldn't be surprised if JCrew went out of business. It is ridiculously overpriced for what it is, and I suspect the LTV of their customers is fairly low since most of the fashion dorks that get into JCrew quickly realize there's far better brands out there for the money and stop shopping there as result.

And plenty of people with $ shop at places like H&M, Uniqlo, etc. I do OK for myself and I refuse to spend over $80 on a t-shirt, so most of my basics come from H&M (which I dispose of after a couple of wears). I'll never understand the logic of paying $300+ for a tshirt.

Wouldn't be surprised if JCrew went out of business. It is ridiculously overpriced for what it is, and I suspect the LTV of their customers is fairly low since most of the fashion dorks that get into JCrew quickly realize there's far better brands out there for the money and stop shopping there as result.

And plenty of people with $ shop at places like H&M, Uniqlo, etc. I do OK for myself and I refuse to spend over $80 on a t-shirt, so most of my basics come from H&M (which I dispose of after a couple of wears). I'll never understand the logic of paying $300+ for a tshirt.
Not trying to brag or anything but ive spent more than a stack on shoes and on coats, 600 plus on trousers. I can never get myself to spend more than $100 on a t shirt. Its just such a waste.

Back
Top Bottom