Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Banana Republic shoes are by far the worst shoe ive ever owned.
Leather never got soft. scratched easily. Very uncomfortable.
However
Their Chinos >

Anything good?

Heard about it on StyleForums. They said it was quite good... Have to imagine the US one will be good too... My wallet is not happy with this... But getting a new strap for my timepiece will need a new jacket or three to pair with

Picked up BR mason stretch chino at the factory store yesterday. Liked it more than the Aiden bc of the fit and leg taper. BR sucks otherwise.

Also been wearing Uni qlo slim flat front chino.

Hoping these two styles last me for a while at work.

1) $200-$300 maybe more if they’re nice
2) preferably brown, but my wife is in the wedding and they don’t even know the bridesmaids colors yet, so I’m not certain

:lol: just wanted to try and find a brand and start looking so I can try and watch for any deals
Meermin

Levi's sizing is inconsistent. Ordering online is a gamble unless you intent to order multiple sizes and return what doesn't fit
Thats exactly what I do with nearly everything. I’m a weight lifter so I can wear anything from a M - XL.

1) $200-$300 maybe more if they’re nice
2) preferably brown, but my wife is in the wedding and they don’t even know the bridesmaids colors yet, so I’m not certain

:lol: just wanted to try and find a brand and start looking so I can try and watch for any deals

Meermin
Cobble & Hyde
Taft

here for the going out of business sales

For real? Their sales have been crazy as of recent, I can see this happening, is it confirmed? Damn, Jcrew held it down, time to stack up on a couple of Ludlows on sale..

For real? Their sales have been crazy as of recent, I can see this happening, is it confirmed? Damn, Jcrew held it down, time to stack up on a couple of Ludlows on sale..

Oh I have no clue lmao. I’m just saying I’ll be present and accounted for should it happen

I just don’t know why they simply don’t retail their **** at a lower margin, everyone knows you buy a piece at Jcrew and in 3 weeks you can get that piece at 60% off....is wild crazy to buy Jcrew at full price now, the only pieces that don’t go on sale are their 3rd party collabs and their ludlow suits....I copped a pretty dope knit roll neck sweater for like 30$ originally like 80$

I just don’t know why they simply don’t retail their **** at a lower margin, everyone knows you buy a piece at Jcrew and in 3 weeks you can get that piece at 60% off....is wild crazy to buy Jcrew at full price now, the only pieces that don’t go on sale are their 3rd party collabs and their ludlow suits....I copped a pretty dope knit roll neck sweater for like 30$ originally like 80$
Too many changes within the company quite honestly. Sales have been crazy lately, but so has the quality of some items. They've been doing a lot of blends now as opposed to straight up wool or cotton etc. And prices are going up significantly with the drop in quality. Regardless, I've been stacking up some classic pieces.

They raised the prices at the jcrew outlets too. Their stuff was pretty good for decent prices years back but then they forgot they were an outlet store and made their stuff expensive.

I stopped by the jcrew outlet in AC last weekend and noticed they have “j. crew mercantile” on all their tags. Picked up a few flannels for $9 a pop.

They raised the prices at the jcrew outlets too. Their stuff was pretty good for decent prices years back but then they forgot they were an outlet store and made their stuff expensive.

Those outlet stores aren't real outlet stores. J. Crew outlet circa 2011-12 was where their after season pieces went mixed with a few exclusive pieces and "Thompson suits" which were really just Ludlow suits with less bells and whistles (I have a Thompson from 2012 that is all wool, glen-plaid, and still holds up.)

Now they're just H&M. Everything sold there is a ****tier quality version of what they have in the reg store and made specifically for the outlet at the same price as the flagship. Same as BR outlet and Gap outlet etc.

As for the flagship, J. Crew releases **** at a markup ($80 for a button down collar shirt) then puts it on sale for $50 so people think they're getting a deal when it should be retailing for $40 to begin with. Consumers are just wising up and stores like Uniqlo which make affordable good quality clothes are eating their food.

Back
Top Bottom