Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I bought a 'standart fit' button up shirt from j crew factory and it's huge. The sleeves can cover my hands :smh:

So annoyed.

J crew factory stuff has the weirdest cut. I think it’s due to poor qc, but I didn’t care enough to try on other stuff to confirm.

Last edited:
Inevitable, Gap not far behind as well.

Their business models were too closely tied to retail presence and add-ons in store. This combined with growing inequality creates less demand for mid market clothing.

Poor people go to H&M, Old Navy etc.........Rich folks dropping 500 on off white tees.
Rich people are very thifty and don't spend frivolously. Please believe. Broke people on the other stand spend every penny they get

Eh. Not really, Rich people buy quality, hence why my Off-White comment was a mistake. Quality costs money, Cashmere and Egyptian Cotton aint cheap.

Replace off white with Brioni etc...My real point is there is no room for middle quality clothing.

Eh, polo is kinda middle quality and it’s still going. Some brands will always be around. gap and jcrew will be bought by another company if they ever go bankrupt. I still see sean john in macys and have no idea why or how it’s still around.

akademiks was cool.

I need Girbaud and Triple 5 Soul to come back and release slim fit clothes.

Triple 5 soul is still around. I used to love their backpacks and duffle bags.

I wouldn’t hold out hope for anything good. The brand has been passed around, so it’s not like it’s the same creative minds running the show.

Wesc is still there kickin, i never made the “long stroll” though. Just never got into those spots.

tbt when u would hit clientele, then preme, then wesc, then 555, then the "long" stroll down to Nort/Recon and then go off da beaten path to DQM
the path to DQM...hits me right in the feels just thinking about it

Reactions: JPS
Eh. Not really, Rich people buy quality, hence why my Off-White comment was a mistake. Quality costs money, Cashmere and Egyptian Cotton aint cheap.

Replace off white with Brioni etc...My real point is there is no room for middle quality clothing.

Still off, I think you're confusing "rich" with celebrities and people in that tax bracket. Its such a subjective term but I think it all depends on where you're at, in my area, people that make 6 figures. live in half a million dollar houses aren't wearing high end designer brands and stuff like that.

Eh, polo is kinda middle quality and it’s still going. Some brands will always be around. gap and jcrew will be bought by another company if they ever go bankrupt. I still see sean john in macys and have no idea why or how it’s still around.

Like I just said I think it has to do with where you live more than anything. I would say Polo is of good quality for the most part, Ive got t shirts that are 10 years old and still in good condition and you wouldn't even know how old they were.

At the end of the day you can wear a $10 t shirt and look better than a fool in a $100 one.

What do you mean they restock everyday? Like pieces that sell out, are restocked the next day? Or new pieces are introduced daily?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom