Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Did you stick to your true Nike size on CPs?

-Drew
43 in Italian sizing is a 10 in US.

As mentioned I wear a 10.5 in Nikes. I purchased a 43 and it fits for me.

In my opinion a 44 would work for you........Only way to know for sure is to cop.

has anyone here ordered shirts from spier & mackay? thoughts on quality? thinking of trying them out since charles tyrwhitt shirts are a little tight on the chest for me.

has anyone here ordered shirts from spier & mackay? thoughts on quality? thinking of trying them out since charles tyrwhitt shirts are a little tight on the chest for me.

I copped the Light Blue Fine Twill dress shirt a few weeks ago
Best fitting dress shirt I've had -- I usually wear Brooks Brothers Regent (Slim) fit in 15" neck
The S&M shirt fits much better, quality is solid

Just waiting on S&M to release some non-iron shirts and I'm all in

I wear 9-10

mostly 9.5 and 10 in something like Air Trainer 1, Air Trainer III, AM 95, AM 97

I wear size 42 in Common Project Achilles...never tried on the bballs

Definitely try on in store. I wear a 12 in Nike and was originally going to get a 44 in CP Achilles but tried them on in store and they were too small. 45 fit me perfect.

So J.Crew had a pair of 484 Chinos in an olive color that I loved. But they don't have any in my size and was told they weren't going to be making my size anytime soon. Well that sucks.

How are the JCrew Factory chinos?

Been trying to incorporate shoes, as opposed to sneakers, into my rotation but they ALL require some form of break-in that I don't have the patience for.

I'm gonna try to get a cobbler to widen these at the toebox before anything though.
Screenshot_20190409-230005.png

Screenshot_20190409-230042.png
Screenshot_20190409-230117.png
Screenshot_20190409-230137.png

Color closer to this and not as dull as the stock photos
IMG_20190409_225847.jpg

Honestly can’t think of a single outfit I’d wear with lug soled suede wingtips. Something I learned the hard way - don’t try to squeeze your feet into shoes that are too small. You’re gonna have a bad time.

I copped the Light Blue Fine Twill dress shirt a few weeks ago
Best fitting dress shirt I've had -- I usually wear Brooks Brothers Regent (Slim) fit in 15" neck
The S&M shirt fits much better, quality is solid

Just waiting on S&M to release some non-iron shirts and I'm all in
thanks for info! ordered a similar shirt, actually. hoping it works out

I saw this on instagram and thinking of wearing something similar to an upcoming wedding. Any recommendations on shoes to wear with this outfit that is affordable(ie. Zara, Aldo, etc)? Also is this outfit too casual for a wedding? I want to switch it up than my standard matching suit/dress shoes...

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_973.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_973.jpeg
    992.7 KB · Views: 114
I saw this on instagram and thinking of wearing something similar to an upcoming wedding. Any recommendations on shoes to wear with this outfit that is affordable(ie. Zara, Aldo, etc)? Also is this outfit too casual for a wedding? I want to switch it up than my standard matching suit/dress shoes...

Yeah that's pretty casual.

Since it's a wedding, check with the bride and groom first.

Stan Smiths ¯\_(ツ)_/¯™

Has anyone tried the clothing from thetiebar.com ? Got an email today about some chinos. No complaints on the one tie and pocket square I got from them a few years ago.

I think it's dependent on location of the wedding/vibe of the bride & groom. If it's your traditional hall setting, I'd dress up a little more. If it's in a loft-type, you can get away with that IMO.

I think it's dependent on location of the wedding/vibe of the bride & groom. If it's your traditional hall setting, I'd dress up a little more. If it's in a loft-type, you can get away with that IMO.
Appreciate the feedback from everyone.

The wedding and reception is in the evening at a Winery so something like this would work?

The invitation should say what type of attire is preferred. If it is black tie optional or formal you will be underdressed

Winery could pass with more casual footwear, especially outdoors. Stan Smith’s a little too casual IMO, but something a bit more premium.

Appreciate the feedback from everyone.

The wedding and reception is in the evening at a Winery so something like this would work?
Dope fit choice but as everyone else has mentioned you should ask the bride and groom just to be safe. I suggest that for two reasons: first you do not want to be disrespectful and second you don't want to feel uncomfortable and self conscious because everyone else is dressed up and your wearing sneakers. I have done that before; not to a wedding but to other events. I had a fire fit and was stubborn and wore it despite the attire description and it back fired cause I felt WAY under dressed :lol:. Fit was still fire tho...

Back
Top Bottom