Dressing Better Vol 2.0

But a $600 Suit Supply suit >>> $600 JCrew suit

I agree, the style options are a lot better, and I generally get my suits from SS anyway; I'm just saying that one of the main draws for SS (cheaper suits without sacrificing quality) only applies if you have average proportions

I have a ~$600 J Crew suit I bought back in 2014 and a $600 Suit Supply Lazio I bought last year. Aside from the Lazio having a more interesting look, I can't tell any difference in terms of fit/quality

As far as suits go ... get really good material and find a great tailor. Luckily for me I have a great tailor that works out of his house and charged me only $175 to mold the suit to my specs. I’m talking 10-12 measurements
I seriously saved 800-900 dollars.

I would rather buy a suit from a thrift store if it’s name brand with great material and spend 400-600 on tailoring. I live in SoCal and sometimes rich people dump expensive stuff lol.

I mean you’ll probably spend the same amount buying a suit elsewhere with minor tailoring but it won’t last as long and the fitment won’t be as great

I agree, the options are a lot better, and I generally get my suits from SS anyway; I'm just saying that one of the main draws for SS (cheaper suits without sacrificing quality) only applies if you have average proportions
try spier and mackay fam
recently tried them out and they are great quality and the fit i think would be better for you. i only take their contemporary fit which if you compare size charts is very similar to suit supply
but they aren't as slim and more classic fitting
also cheaper overall

styleforum can answer any questions you have

When is the suit supply sale should be this week right?

Do you know if it’s a in-store sale or online?

I was planning on going to the store Tuesday to get fitted for a new suit.

Also any recommendations? It’s for a wedding if that matters.

Do you know if it’s a in-store sale or online?

I was planning on going to the store Tuesday to get fitted for a new suit.

Also any recommendations? It’s for a wedding if that matters.

Go in store and Id the suit style best for your body then figure out sizing then wait for online sale they will ship to ya. The date of the wedding might matter as the shipping might he to slow. Last year it was July 18th

I never mess with vests. Didn't even wear one for my own wedding :lol:

That’s why I’m asking. I used to but I’ve been thinking about going without it this time.

I’ve been looking at pics from SS and the pics without the vest look cleaner imo

I actually have a wedding in August that I want to get a new suit for. Was gonna go Indochino, anyone have any other suggestions in terms of price point.

Oh and suggestions for loafers

I actually have a wedding in August that I want to get a new suit for. Was gonna go Indochino, anyone have any other suggestions in terms of price point.

Oh and suggestions for loafers
Been very happy with my Indochino suits. Feel like it's pretty tough to beat price-wise once you factor in tailoring.

As far as loafers, I don't really have anything fancy. Just a couple pairs of Johnston & Murphy ones that I like.

Does anyone know where I can find a shirt/flannel with this design?

Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 4.36.03 PM.png

Spier and Mackay 20% off sale is on...

Code is: SUITS20

I know that this brand is recommended quite often in this thread but any suggestions on what some good deals are since it seems like they do this 20% during the major holidays - maybe the S120s?

Price point seems to be pretty attractive despite having similar production qualities as SS.

Back
Top Bottom