Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Second on the tech dock shirt from JCrew factory.

My wife picked up a part time job there a couple weeks ago. If u need a plug hit the DMs. Most NTers around here will tell you I'm good money.
I wanted to vouch for sneakaprince sneakaprince . Just worked with him to get some shorts from JCrew at a nice discount on top of their current sales. Thank you again!

So does Meermin have supply issues? Every time I go on there to see if they have my size on two pairs of Linea Maestro, they’re sold out.

Anyone have any blazer / sportcoat suggestions? Heading somewhere this weekend that requires a jacket, so picked up a couple cheapos from Macy's as I didnt even own one. Now I'm going down the rabbit hole after trying on some nicer ones at Nordstrom. But also wondering how likely it is that I'll even wear some of these.

This mf was niiiiiiiiice:

Check out nordstrom rack too, they usually got some good stuff. A well fitting blazer in navy or grey is a staple. I would wear one for holidays or going to dinner.

Of the 2 I picked up, one is a solid grey and the other is blue check pattern that might be a little too "loud" for anything besides very casual. There are some sales going on Nordstrom (anniversary sale coming up next week) that make me want to get something nicer, but again - I went 37+ years without needing one until this weekend

Trying to find a nice color that isn't just solid navy, but not too casual. This one isn't too bad looking though prob not the greatest quality:

Should be able to go into a local mall and find something suitable for the weekend at Nordstroms, Macys, or Express.

Would definitely suggest Spier and Mackay if you're looking for something nicer for the future. Been buying them ever since someone in here put me on to them a couple years ago.

Should be able to go into a local mall and find something suitable for the weekend at Nordstroms, Macys, or Express.

Would definitely suggest Spier and Mackay if you're looking for something nicer for the future. Been buying them ever since someone in here put me on to them a couple years ago.

lol I might've been the one who put you onto them

I found a nice Ted Baker blazer at Nordstrom that I might pick up. Also tried on the Jack Viktor link I posted above and it was so nice. But definitely not dropping $600-800 on a blazer that I won't wear that often.

I'll wear this cheapo solid grey blazer from Macy's this weekend since I don't have time to grab anything else. Might get that Ted Baker and have it delivered, and if I like it enough - keep that one as my nicer option.

Last edited:
Anyone have any blazer / sportcoat suggestions? Heading somewhere this weekend that requires a jacket, so picked up a couple cheapos from Macy's as I didnt even own one. Now I'm going down the rabbit hole after trying on some nicer ones at Nordstrom. But also wondering how likely it is that I'll even wear some of these.

This mf was niiiiiiiiice:

Honestly I've been really happy with Emporio Armani blazers. Only buy on sale obviously, I generally get them for under €300. The lowest I've gotten one for is €179. I wear a blazer almost daily so I have quite a few of them and they get a lot of wear. You can get them for massive discounts on Yoox. The pricecuts you get there are absurd sometimes (I recently got a silk Ermenegildo Zegna blazer there at a €2500 discount) and they're 100% legit. For example if you were to order for Armani's own online store (don't do that), it's Yoox that ships it.
If you try one EA blazer on in the store, you'll basically know how all of them will fit. I only ever need to get the sleeves tailored a bit.

For something relatively cheap but still high quality, I think you can't go wrong there. Though if you're gonna buy 'designer', never pay anywhere near retail price obviously.

Cpl years ago this thread blessed me with a SuSu sale. I don’t be on NT as much anymore, is there one coming up?

They no longer do in person sample sales. I remeber they had suits going for $75 and shoes going for $40. People were scooping entire racks.

Now the sale is sometimes twice a year online only usually 40-50% off. Should be one in August.

Cats gotta leave these female shoes alone

I don’t even mind the color, the shape of those boots is trash
And the half crocodile print? Either go big or go home, what is this 50/50 combination smh

I wear chelsea boots almost every day but those are one of the ugliest pairs I’ve seen just off the design alone, not even including the color.

Appreciate the heads up on these Levi chinos. Got the navy pair and they’re perfect :nthat:

I know it's not the typical 'dressing better' question but I'm a huge fan of geometric-ish designs (not sure how to describe them), more specifically on t-shirts, shirts or knitwear.
However I can't seem to find much of them. Emporio/Giorgio Armani has been into geometric designs the past couple seasons so that's where I get most of mine but they seem to be moving on to other styles. Dolce & Gabbana occasionally has a cool geometric design as well (I love the one in the second screenshot below) but they're generally either a bit over the top flashy or wildly expensive

Any brand recommendations? Preferably no brand logo's though, that's a big dealbreaker imo and especially if it's a luxury designer brand. I don't care if it's 'designer' or not, as long as it's well made and comfy.
Some examples I recently bought:
17de3cbd82b380cd226d8278058e7fe0.png

2fb52a2b70702a2d81e815c3c1564d9b.png

301dbdb352eb647e7890b279a706f4f2.png

cac7e6053e24db29ccd91e598bafbdd0.png

Last edited:
I know it's not the typical 'dressing better' question but I'm a huge fan of geometric-ish designs (not sure how to describe them), more specifically on t-shirts or knitwear.
However I can't seem to find much of them. Emporio/Giorgio Armani has been into geometric designs the past couple seasons so that's where I get most of mine but they seem to be moving on to other styles. Dolce & Gabbana occasionally has a cool geometric design as well (I love the one in the second screenshot below) but they're generally either a bit over the top flashy or wildly expensive

Any brand recommendations? Preferably no brand logo's though, that's a big dealbreaker imo and especially if it's a luxury designer brand. I don't care if it's 'designer' or not, as long as it's well made and comfy.
Some examples I recently bought:
2fb52a2b70702a2d81e815c3c1564d9b.png

301dbdb352eb647e7890b279a706f4f2.png

cac7e6053e24db29ccd91e598bafbdd0.png
Check Reiss, Wax London, 8 by yoox etc.

Back
Top Bottom