Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Need more information. Price range? Do you currently own any suits? Navy and grey suits are must haves

I currently own a few but I need an upgrade.

I rather keep it under a thousand. I care more about fit than brand. One of my best fitting suits is from Express.

I prefer any shade of blue (royal, navy etc) but I'm willing to try some interesting colors.

any recommendations of a black loafer? would wear it with a suit/nice pants. i guess moreso on the formal side but not formal to the point where it can't be styled more casually.

any style, price, brand, etc.

just want to get a feeler out there in terms of what's nice. want to cop a pair but don't really have a specific idea in mind for loafers.

any recommendations of a black loafer? would wear it with a suit/nice pants. i guess moreso on the formal side but not formal to the point where it can't be styled more casually.

any style, price, brand, etc.

just want to get a feeler out there in terms of what's nice. want to cop a pair but don't really have a specific idea in mind for loafers.

I have a nice pair of Stacy Adams I got on amazon.

I’ve heard 100% wool is the move

Definitely

I currently own a few but I need an upgrade.

I rather keep it under a thousand. I care more about fit than brand. One of my best fitting suits is from Express.

I prefer any shade of blue (royal, navy etc) but I'm willing to try some interesting colors.

I would start here. Suit supply has some great suits. Like you said, a good tailor will help how well it fits

I have a nice pair of Stacy Adams I got on amazon.
got a link or picture of them?
deusavertat deusavertat head into a Suit Supply there are some good suits in the 400-700 range.

second2nonee second2nonee you can try Meermin unlined loafers. Pretty comfortable. Highly recommend trying on in store if you have a location by you.
preciate it. they look good. what material or specific style do you recommend?
Check Allen Edmonds for shoes. Sometimes can catch really good sales.
for sure, have some strands and cap toes from there. i just have no idea what to look for in a loafer

Hmm, Etro has some really interesting and unique stuff but that pricetag is rather steep. :smh:
ca51ecc2d1fd7c9d87b192f105f5851e.png

I have a slight tear in my pendleton X Kith hoodie and want to get it reinforced. Anyone know of any spots in NYC that does this type of work?

Attachments

• IMG_0014.jpg
    IMG_0014.jpg
    368.6 KB · Views: 590
Do yourself a favor. Go to suitsupply and get measured. Take those measurements and buy a suit off of spier and mackay.

Get yourself a suit that fits correctly. Leave all the skinny suits in 2015 where they belong.
SuSu doesn't only make skinny suits.

any thoughts on suit supply?

I need a suit thats going to look good but also comfortable as i'll be working with very high government officials soon. but I also want it to be an everyday suit i can wear to any occasion.

was thinking about going the suit supply route

also, single vent or double vent?

Susu & spier is fine for cheaper tailoring.

I have a few spier pieces but something about the business model of copying Neapolitan cuts just rubs me the wrong way. Kind of like how there’s a bunch of companies with AJ1 alternatives but not really AJ1. Gorge on the neo cut still looks high af.

Double vent unless you want to go trad, and if you do want to go trad, susu isn’t the place for it.

Don’t own anything from Suit Supply, but don’t see anything wrong with their suits and fit.

SuSu is very solid - I have a Havana jacket that I use few times per month for client meetings

Fair warning tho - imo, their cuts run slimmer so brolic cats may find suits oddly proportioned - I think OP lifts (from workout thread) so may want to consider MTM (timely process tho between multiple fittings and delivery)

DC has several MTM offerings on par with SuSu prices - trade off is timing to get to final product.

MTM? Had to look it up.

So what we’re saying is avoid Indochino, Suit Supply and Spier for the two gentlemen who asked?

I’ve never been to a MTM spot.

susu just makes their suits really skinny and tapered
anyone who isn't really skinny wont look great in their suits. just go look under tagged pics of susu and you will see almost every person in their suits have pulling all over the body, lapel bowed, and pockets flared out. to the average consumer, they don't know better so they will think it's fine. even on the stock photos their models wear suits that are too small for them.

Back
Top Bottom