Dressing Better Vol 2.0

love this!....any more pics of the tag???....looking to get watch, that thing must cost alot though...lol
That Tag is like the cheapest out of the line up, dude :lol: I got it at Costco maybe 4 years ago? It was only $500 or so. I vividly remember going in for an ice cream and came out with that :lol:

My least expensive, yet still the watch I wear the most.

Last edited:
i love it!....but damn i ti told myself my next watch would either be gold or gold plated, i want a yellow watch :\

i love it!....but damn i ti told myself my next watch would either be gold or gold plated, i want a yellow watch :\
Gold is too baller for me at the moment. I can't see myself dropping more than $8k on a watch now :lol:

Tomorrow is the last day for the denim challenge, gents!

when i was younger, my dad would buy tons of socks and underwear every time he went shopping. every single damn time. dude would have sacks full of brand new socks and underwear in his closet telling me "you can never have enough". as i kid i thought he was just crazy. now that i'm older, i see what he's talking about. if there is a deal on socks/underwear i stock up. i think i have a problem. anyone else do this?
I do it because I don't do laundry often. I do laundry maybe once or twice a month. I have tons of socks, boxer briefs, and under shirts. I have to re-up soon.

I do it because I don't do laundry often. I do laundry maybe once or twice a month. I have tons of socks, boxer briefs, and under shirts. I have to re-up soon.
Real talk. You can never have too much. When I go travelling I'm a mess lol, I always overload on socks and underwear haha. Not taking my chances on a shortage, too inconvenient. 

Last edited:
Damn bros :rolleyes You guys took EVERYTHING the wrong way :lol: I have mentioned several times that I am a photographer as well as a student. My mom is also a photographer, so I have a few photo shoots from her that I've pulled pictures from. (I've also said this several times) I'm currently in graduate school as a stylist/photographer and have been working at a certain agency. A majority of the fits I post ARE of me, but the other two are things that I have either shot myself or have run by me before being posted anywhere. I'm not looking for E-Props here, not a single on of you knows who I am. I post to contribute. Not to mention, there's a reason I can name all the pieces in every picture I put up. Unfortunately I am not allowed to say where I work, or my position. (I'm sure the older ones understand the confidentiality) That's why my face is never in my pictures, and my private tumblr that you all know is in my fathers name.

When people have said 'It looks good" etc, I thought you meant the shot itself knowing I was a photographer, and as I have said it's been mentioned several times in here. Although in most cases, it has been me, just not the last two.

Take it as you will, I'm not fronting over the internet. This is my job, and as most of you know I'm very knowledgeable on this subject. It doesn't come overnight :rolleyes I honestly thought you were all aware of this. I have absolutely no plans of making a new account, and I will continue to post and contribute in the thread I love.

I know some of you knew this, but for those who didn't please don't jump to conclusions just because one person made a false accusation. Anyway, lets get back to our thread.

Last edited:
love this!....any more pics of the tag???....looking to get watch, that thing must cost alot though...lol
That Tag is like the cheapest out of the line up, dude :lol: I got it at Costco maybe 4 years ago? It was only $500 or so. I vividly remember going in for an ice cream and came out with that :lol:

My least expensive, yet still the watch I wear the most.

As I've said before, I wear a black miltary G Shock with almost everything :lol:

The thing only cost me $100, but it fits my style, and that's what's most important. You don't need an insanely expensive watch to look good

edit: As a matter of fact, you don't need expensive clothes or pieces in general. You just need pieces that fit you correctly.

Last edited:
alright, well im not trying to come at your neck...just want some damn clarification. if those are pictures you took/mom took/someone affiliated with you took...
why you responded to the JT pic like you put it together?

[QUOTE name="Jordanscrub" url="8250#post_16753853"]

Had an off day today after working 12 hours sunday. Picked up a new Suit and some other goodies :smile:

Yo.....I love this fit....

Thanks man

Because it's been asked a few times...

Shirt is J Crew

Tie is J Crew

Cardigan is H&M

Jacket is from Calvin Klein (Got it at Macys)[/quote]

Especially since that picture is from the 2009 GQ edition with JT
http://www.gq.com/entertainment/cel...ece-suit-beards-skinny-ties-slideshow#slide=2
and it says where all the pieces are from:
"Jacket, $700, vest, $165, and jeans, $220, by William Rast. Shirt, $168, by Steven Alan. Tie, $145, by Jil Sander. Vintage belt by Melet Mercantile."
:nerd:

Not to mention, there's a reason I can name all the pieces in every picture I put up.

Last edited:
:smh: at the pump faking in here. But here are pics of the one small aspect of the thread I can add to.

alright, well im not trying to come at your neck...just want some damn clarification. if those are pictures you took/mom took/someone affiliated with you took...
why you responded to the JT pic like you put it together?

[QUOTE name="Jordanscrub" url="8250#post_16753853"]

Had an off day today after working 12 hours sunday. Picked up a new Suit and some other goodies :smile:

Yo.....I love this fit....

Thanks man

Because it's been asked a few times...

Shirt is J Crew

Tie is J Crew

Cardigan is H&M

Jacket is from Calvin Klein (Got it at Macys)

Especially since that picture is from the 2009 GQ edition with JT
http://www.gq.com/entertainment/cel...ece-suit-beards-skinny-ties-slideshow#slide=2
and it says where all the pieces are from:
"Jacket, $700, vest, $165, and jeans, $220, by William Rast. Shirt, $168, by Steven Alan. Tie, $145, by Jil Sander. Vintage belt by Melet Mercantile."
:nerd:

Not to mention, there's a reason I can name all the pieces in every picture I put up.
[/quote]

Hey man no problem, I completely understand. I posted the picture because 1) I love the fit and it is a well known photoshoot. Most people I know have seen it, so I figured the majority of you would have :lol: 2) I did actually have a hand in this.

And I appologize about being wrong about those pieces, you have to understand that I go through hundreds of pieces a day and can't be correct 100% of the time when I'm asked what brand something is. We have very similiar pieces from several compnaies. At the end of the day it's just a blur :rolleyes
The tie was technically a J Crew, though. Because of this: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/latter-former-J-Crew-rips-4029717.S.158991187 Jil Sander was actually given the opportunity to create several J Crew ties in order to avoid a Lawsuit. She's also not very popular or well known in the US, This was one of the ties she did, but we needed a black one, and so it was produced under J Crew.
Original tie we were going to use (J Crew)

I was actually preparing some stuff and took a break to check the thread and I see it's blown up on me :lol:
I'm not a fraud, guys. Again I completely understand why, I know it looks bad, but this is my work. I live for this, and I really love you guys and this thread.

Last edited:
And the reason you cut off Timberlake's head for the pic?

That's the only picture that I have from the shoot man. I didn't cut his head off, I was just scrolling through my pictures and threw it up. It's actually the promo that we used for it.

Like I said, it's an instantly recognizable shoot. I believe that other pictures from it have been put in here as well. I'm not trying to be a celebrity from one of his most popular photoshoots :lol:

Black and White+No head= "Mysterious and attractive" in the fashion world :lol:

Last edited:

That's the only picture that I have from the shoot man. I didn't cut his head off, I was just scrolling through my pictures and threw it up. It's actually the promo that we used for it.

Like I said, it's an instantly recognizable shoot. I believe that other pictures from it have been put in here as well. I'm not trying to be a celebrity from one of his most popular photoshoots :lol:

I'm sorry, dude, but I just don't believe you. Why'd you cut the magazine logo out of the other picture? What about saying "Got it at Macys" in reference to the leather jacket in the Timberlake pic?

You came with evidence and I applaud your effort, BUT your stories just don't add the f up, breh.. You threw up both those pics CROPPED them and ran them off as being you.. Throwing cats made up locations to where you got the pieces. 

I'm sorry, dude, but I just don't believe you. Why'd you cut the magazine logo out of the other picture? What about saying "Got it at Macys" in reference to the leather jacket in the Timberlake pic?
QFT

i mean nice try with the Jill Sanders thing but i just cant get down with the other parts of the fit my dude.
you literally claimed every part to that fit (even getting the waistcoat wrong and calling it a cardigan)
but what got you is the jacket fam.
how you gonna say its calvin klein and copped from Macy's though..

Last edited:
How would you guys like a girl to dress? There's a huge thread on SF with some nice posts and some not so nice posts.
Looking through it recently, I really like it when my girl wears these type of dresses with the sleeves

@jordanscrub

As a photographer (or so you say), shouldn't you know the value of citing WHERE you took the photo from? You're basically stealing the photos.

Also, you're a grad student at a certain school working for a certain agency, ain't no way in hell you're photo-shooting Justin Timberlake or had any hand in choosing any of the pieces for the shoot. And no, getting bagels and coffee doesn't count.

How would you guys like a girl to dress? There's a huge thread on SF with some nice posts and some not so nice posts.
Looking through it recently, I really like it when my girl wears these type of dresses with the sleeves
As long as its not one of those outrages lookbook styles I'm good money

Back
Top Bottom