Dressing Better Vol 2.0

GQ shouldn't shoot with such Wide Angle lenses...distorts people too much, good fits though....how's the Tebow edition looking

Cam's fits in GQ are :smokin :smokin

Can anyone who has a pair of Red Wings comment on the sizing? I've read to size down but just wanted to be sure, I'm a 9.5
In most nike's if that helps

Are these lanvins? Can you guys enlighten me with more cap toe sneakers that have similar shape to these? Right now I'm limited to Jack Purcells and RLs but want to step up plus they're comfy on my flat feet. Thanks in Advance!

http://shop.wingsandhorns.com/collections/footwear

http://reapandsew.myshopify.com/col...wings-horns-suede-low-cut-sneaker-pearl-white

Have a pair from the FW11 collection and these a so nice, comfortable, durable and top notch quality...

http://shop.wingsandhorns.com/collections/footwear
http://reapandsew.myshopify.com/col...wings-horns-suede-low-cut-sneaker-pearl-white
Have a pair from the FW11 collection and these a so nice, comfortable, durable and top notch quality...

Thanks! Price is a bit steep. Anybody remember these or know where I can get them? I never seen them in stores or anything though.
adidas-doley-lux-david-beckham-002.jpg

I find W&H looks more bulky or not as low-profile as Lanvins. I'd rather suggest Common Projects over them to be honest.
Granted not cap-toe but it still sleek and low profile.
2hzh99h.jpg
24eruaq.jpg

If you want something cheaper that looks more Lanvin, Fred Perry Beresford (leather version) is a good alternative:
2ci8ab6.jpg

Or Supra Assault lows if you can find them:
oghykl.jpg

Or go to ZARA, they always have rip-offs of designer sneakers there. From Lanvin to Margiela to Raf Simons to Marc Jacobs.
1zh0ghu.jpg

a09jja.jpg

My only concern with Zara is the quality, their shoes are terrible from this perspective....

Question, does anyone know, how much a suit can be modified? Found an awesom Calvin Klein Slim fit, at a good price, length is good, shoulders are great, the length of the pants can be modified according to, but the problem is with the length of the sleeves, the would have to be about 1,5 inches shorter, can tailors, reposition the buttons as well? Or can they only strip of excessive lenght until the line of the buttons?

*question answered, talked to a tailor, pretty much everything can be modified except the should, although even that can be modified, except it isn't worth it, because it's compliacted.

Last edited:
If I have a suit, and Lost some weight. Do I need to just cop a new suit or can it be tailored even more? Suit jacket fittig me like a chopper joint.

If I have a suit, and Lost some weight. Do I need to just cop a new suit or can it be tailored even more? Suit jacket fittig me like a chopper joint.
depends on if u lost size in your shoulders. like said above pretty much anything on a suit except the shoulders can be tailored. most likely you'll just need it taken in at the sides.

btw you're the same lucky that was on 360waves back in the day? i was the fashion forum mod of there w/u

Last edited:
auch, does anyone put insoles in their dress shoes? I put extra insoles in a pair of allen edmonds and i think it kind of distorts the shape of the shoe. but idk if thats just me

as much as I love the look of dress shoes, regardless of the brand I hate how they've always managed to bruise my feet....

as much as I love the look of dress shoes, regardless of the brand I hate how they've always managed to bruise my feet....
What brands and styles have you had?  I wear them 4-5 days a week with no problems but I've found with better quality I've purchased over the last 5 years or so, I don't have issues with blisters, bruising like I did when I didn't know any better or spent less.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumpmankb  

I want these A.P.C. boots in a major way. $560 though 
sick.gif

Also available in brown.

Do you own those Foams in your avatar?  How much were those?  It all depends on the person but I would think most would find more value in and have less regret over a nice pair of boots in a few years than some, um...gaudy sneakers.

Last edited:
H&M back again with the baseball jackets. Last year these things did stay on the rack for a week...I am about to head out there now. :lol:

This isn't necessarily a dress shoe - but its definitely dressier than sneakers and won't break the budget. Definitely going to cop these soon..

Clae - Hamilton

How much for this vest? And when the online store will be open?

Last edited:
My only concern with Zara is the quality, their shoes are terrible from this perspective....

Well considering Lanvin goes for $500-$1000 for a pair of sneakers and ZARA goes for $60-$80 with a quick turn around from design to production to their retail stores so that they can be up on the trends, you can see why their quality is much, much, much worse.

i usually just lurk, cause the time difference is to big. but here is my first contribution, just some casual fits from this summer.

||PAUSE||

ANy contributions is better than none and the second to the last pic is the best (just plain simple) but that last pic seems unnecessary... :lol:

ANy contributions is better than none and the second to the last pic is the best (just plain simple) but that last pic seems unnecessary...
laugh.gif
first and foremost thanks for all the stuff i learned from you in the first DB thread. 
laugh.gif
 i know, i know, but i don't take me self serious online, that was even my profile pic in fb for a couple of months.

Heads up, Express is having a 30% off everything of their site and use code: 9382 to take an extra 15% off.

Heads up, Express is having a 30% off everything of their site and use code: 9382 to take an extra 15% off.

I've never seen Express not having a sale,you should never have to pay full retail for anything from Express..Seen a few things I liked,guess I'm heading over there today..Thanks for the heads up.

Back
Top Bottom