Dressing Better Vol 2.0

selects-630.jpg
info on cargo pants in 3rd pic :nerd:

@betweenthebars - a few brands, truth is I haven't spent over 200 dollars on shoes, maybe in that range I wouldn't have issues. But Zara, Bata, Springfield and shoes I bought at a chain called Salamander have all caused some serious blisters.

@RFX45 - yeah it's quite obvious, but even if compared to something more affordable ie Lacoste I think they're built, look and feel cheap. Wanted to buy a pair which looked really cool in a picture, but once in my hand, I don't know, I backed out.

@Hermoon - what's that watch? looks wicked!

Can a decent designer shearling coat be had for less than $1000, to name a specific brand, I've seen a couple from RL throughout the years and always wanted one. Notably something similar to
http://www.ralphlaurendressshirts.org/upfile/201201101542162152.jpg

Sure but it depends on the degree of quality and design/style you are looking for.
Macys has Nautica and Bufallo faux-shearling jackets both for $220.
http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/...t?ID=707866&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results
http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/...cket?ID=707147&CategoryID=3763&LinkType=PDPZ1

The Bufallo actually looks decent if you can make it fit better or as well in the Macys model.
There will probably be a faux-shearling popping up at H&M or ZARA come fall.

For a likely better quality option, though I never tried it, the Orvis Vintage Shearling jacket is on sale for bigger sizes here (and it uses real shearling): http://www.orvis.com/store/product....eeds-_-127748&CAWELAID=1019189624&cagpspn=pla
10gaaom.jpg

Does anyone have any experience with getting their polo shirts tailored? I have a couple in my closet but they are to long on me. Would a tailor be able to alter the sleeve length & length of a polo shirt like the one below?

*waits to see everyone who cops a shearling be Bane at Halloween*
The-Dark-Knight-Rises_Tom-Hardy-coat-full_Image-credit-Warner-Bros.-Pictures.jpg

this LV though :pimp:
park-avenue-louis-vuitton1.jpg

Last edited:
*waits to see everyone who cops a shearling be Bane at Halloween*
The-Dark-Knight-Rises_Tom-Hardy-coat-full_Image-credit-Warner-Bros.-Pictures.jpg

this LV though :pimp:
park-avenue-louis-vuitton1.jpg

Jacket looks nice.

Jonathan A Logan made Banes jacket and Brad Pitts jackets in fightclub.

Here it is before they distressed it.

Last edited:
Still got my Spurr shearling from last year, shearling collar is really all I need here in SoCal.
35mo3ls.jpg

just got these from NRack for $59 cole haan... what type of ch are these? they dont come with a shoe box

new member here... so can I wear these with jeans??

thanks..

.. it was either those or the clarks beeswax, i think ill exchange them and get the clarks for a couple more bucks

and i'm starting from the ground up, trying to dress better... starting with shoes

here's an example of what i'm coming from: i know i know.. pants oversize n jacket a size too big

so what should i get next after the clarks.....

chinos?

thanks

Last edited:
Does express run super small? I`m a big dude, and I currently rock 17.5 in the neck, I usually cop Luxury Slim fit from Brooks Brothers, I assume Slim Fit Brooks brothers probably runs like fat boy sizes in Express lol

Anyone know of a good spot to buy thin hoodies. American Eagle has one but it has an American Eagle logo :smile:lol)

Also, looking for a backpack (no African print please :lol:). Missed out on the grey joint from Everlane, it was ideal... (waitlisted) :rolleyes

Thanks a lot gents...

...and those Cole Haans can be pulled off, the question is can YOU pull them off. Too advanced for where you're at in your wardrobe right now. I'm assuming you don't have a suit yet. *winky face*

*We need more emoticons, they must be in sneakertalk prison*

Last edited:
Does express run super small? I`m a big dude, and I currently rock 17.5 in the neck, I usually cop Luxury Slim fit from Brooks Brothers, I assume Slim Fit Brooks brothers probably runs like fat boy sizes in Express lol

Well Express has 3 fits for their dress shirts.

Modern
Fitted
Extra Slim

Try them on and see which fit you better. Express just irks me that their sizing for dress shirts is XS, S, M, etc vs 14.5, 15, 15.5...

Back
Top Bottom