Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Question. I'm on suitsupply and used their sizing adviser thing and it said I'm a 48R.

That's seems a lot bigger than I expected so I think I missed the measurements up, but I can never remember what my suit size actually.

Can anyone help me out. I'm 6'3 and weigh 213

I didn't guess, I used my measurements that I used on Indochino.
They have a couple different categories though, so I guess I did actually guess on a couple parts :lol:

Question. I'm on suitsupply and used their sizing adviser thing and it said I'm a 48R.

That's seems a lot bigger than I expected so I think I missed the measurements up, but I can never remember what my suit size actually.

I've seen your pics, and you're probably a 40R. You're nowhere near a 48R.

get a tape measure and someone else to measure you, or go to a tailor and get measured correctly.

I love olive pants with a light blue oxford shirt...so green camo for me.

need an opinion. i usually dont ask but for some reason i couldn't pick one.. im headed to fashion week this week and i want to wear the dockers camo alpha. i want to wear it with a blue oxford shirt and possibly a navy blue varsity(hm) or navy peacoat i was wondering which color would you pick. at first i was all about the regular camo but since i saw the wheat camo its been a hard decision an opinions would be great. its between the first 2 colors.

i honestly thing the monochromatic look would look better and you should go with the last pair

thanks guys for the input. i went with the olive color. When i thought about it more i can do more with that color. and typerpin i think i get what your saying with the colors. I think that would be a great idea. ill probably eventually get those too in the future

get a tape measure and someone else to measure you, or go to a tailor and get measured correctly.

That's what I was thinking too. I think the one suit I do have is a 42R but I don't remember and it's no where on the suit to check.

I'll just measure myself again when I get home, thanks

Last edited:

That's what I was thinking too. I think the one suit I do have is a 42R but I don't remember and it's no where on the suit to check.

I'll just measure myself again when I get home, thanks

At 6'3 213, you're likely a 42R/L in general. Depending on the cut, you may need to size to 44R/L with Suit Supply because some cuts run small. I'm typically about a 42 and I had to go 44 with some of my Suit Supply suits. 48R is just OD. No way you're bigger than a 44, even in their slimmer cuts.

^ I think this guys right. I'm pretty much your exact height and weight and I fit in a 44/L in the J. Crew ludlow sportcoat. no clue how it fits in comparison to a suit from suitsupply tho.

one of my AE seconds came into today and they are near flawless...will post both when second arrives :D

I read an article stating that dress shoes looks better lace in a straight bar setting.

Example:

My question is how do you tie it at the end?  And how do you manage to keep it tucked inside the shoes without it feeling uncomfortable? Any solutions?

Love the wash on those 484s. Definitely gonna head in and check em out.

I like my denim more tapered than slim straight, so i might take those to the cleaners for a quick job.

I'm 6'1 190lbs and I'm a 42R... it'll probably be very big. All depends on body type though, just go to a local Macys or something and try some stuff on to get an idea for sizing

Last edited:
I read an article stating that dress shoes looks better lace in a straight bar setting.

Example:

My question is how do you tie it at the end?  And how do you manage to keep it tucked inside the shoes without it feeling uncomfortable? Any solutions?

All my "dress" shoes are laced in bar lacing, personally I think they look a lot better than your typical X pattern that we're used to with sneakers. To me it gives a much more sleek look to the shoes. In regards to your questions, I tie my shoes no different than I do any other shoes I own. I tuck the bunny ears of my laces into my shoes but I do this withs all my shoes, sneakers too, as I hate how the bunny ears sticking out look, just something about it. If it's uncomfortable it's that it's too tight. I usually don't have any issues with this.

dope fits with the chambray ksteezy! i like the color of your Zara pants.....current season or old?

Also, DB folks....is there a general rule of thumb on cuffing your pants over boots vs. low cut shoes? I've tried a few times and haven't been 100% pleased with the look. thanks!

also, lebron looks uncomfy and doesn't even look that skinny in real life lol

Last edited:
All my "dress" shoes are laced in bar lacing, personally I think they look a lot better than your typical X pattern that we're used to with sneakers. To me it gives a much more sleek look to the shoes. In regards to your questions, I tie my shoes no different than I do any other shoes I own. I tuck the bunny ears of my laces into my shoes but I do this withs all my shoes, sneakers too, as I hate how the bunny ears sticking out look, just something about it. If it's uncomfortable it's that it's too tight. I usually don't have any issues with this.
So you tuck the bunny ears under the tounge? Because I was just letting the laces sit on the insole/under my feet. Talk about uncomfortable.

So you tuck the bunny ears under the tounge? Because I was just letting the laces sit on the insole/under my feet. Talk about uncomfortable.

Actually in between the tongue and the upper leather of the shoe...I don't know if that makes sense, the best way I can describe it is right under the laces and the tongue.

Example:

I use bar lacing with normal tie, and no tuck.  Never had a problem or thought it needed tucking

Bros, utilize stores like Ross, TJ Maxx, and Marshalls. They have decent deals on things other than urban wear and Ralph Lauren.

Back
Top Bottom