Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Yeah JCP is definitely turning around....I went there a few weeks ago and liked a lot of their new pieces in the men's section. The prices are on point too, don't really have a need to go to Macys now really.

Keep in mind that the apc one will probably cost triple what toj runs. I'd be surprised to see the apc with an msrp of less than a grand considering their regular cotton chinos are $200 already. Either way, I'll be on the look out to try on in person.

If you wait you can get those chinos for less than 100. Same for that APC jacket.

Bros,

I tried on the JCrew urban slim in a 28W and everything fits perfect except for the thighs (a bit tight). Should I size up to a 29 and hope for the pants to shrink a bit, and just have them tailored afterwards?

Or should I just continue my search for the perfect chino?

Last edited:
Yeah JCP is definitely turning around....I went there a few weeks ago and liked a lot of their new pieces in the men's section. The prices are on point too, don't really have a need to go to Macys now really.

They definitely have and their prices aren't too bad. I've actually gotten really lucky at my JCP, including finding this past Sunday, 100% wool flannel trousers from Izod for $5.

Anyone pick up that polka dot button up from jcp? Saw a post about it awhile back and wanted to see a few pics

They definitely have and their prices aren't too bad. I've actually gotten really lucky at my JCP, including finding this past Sunday, 100% wool flannel trousers from Izod for $5.

I'm glad I'm not the only one messing with JCP.

#VOTEELKIN

Steezy, if what was posted under the username Elkin is you, I'm really glad to see that TSB responded with a "It's fine, we get it!" attitude.

LET'S WIN THIS!!!!

Where's my undergrad gang at? Midterms coming up fam :smh:

Had an Arabic midterm yesterday, got a Poli Sci one tomorrow :smh:

Adrian, you still live in dorms man? :lol: Just messing

#VOTEELKIN

Steezy, if what was posted under the username Elkin is you, I'm really glad to see that TSB responded with a "It's fine, we get it!" attitude.

LET'S WIN THIS!!!!

One midterm in two weeks. The only class im worried about. Business as usual.

Bout to go ham on studying. Graduate in May and will reward myself at my pops beach front home in San Dawg the whole summer.

#VOTEELKIN

LET'S WIN THIS!!!!

One midterm in two weeks. The only class im worried about. Business as usual.

Bout to go ham on studying. Graduate in May and will reward myself at my pops beach front home in San Dawg the whole summer.

I've been in my dorm studying all day for my Marketing class. Good thing it's raining hard so now I really have no reason to leave my dorm till class :lol:

Juniors and seniors don't have to take it. :smh: I'm one of two sophomores in the class :lol: :rolleyes

Lol I live close enough to my school that I can commute so off campus living was never an option. Parents would rather me just live at home. That being said, last semester of my undergrad and my roommate didn't come back. Single life :pimp:

Really not looking forward to the GMAT at all. I need to get my certifications out of the way first though. A MBA is pointless if I can't find a job

I hate standardized testing looked at my gmat book for 15 min and was like "wut"

Gonna enroll in a 4 saturday class in April and until then try to refresh my self on math

Lol I live close enough to my school that I can commute so off campus living was never an option. Parents would rather me just live at home. That being said, last semester of my undergrad and my roommate didn't come back. Single life :pimp:

Haha I hear you. Man I miss dorms and living rent free :frown: Bills for the loss as a college student

Really not looking forward to the GMAT at all. I need to get my certifications out of the way first though. A MBA is pointless if I can't find a job
I hate standardized testing looked at my gmat book for 15 min and was like "wut"

Gonna enroll in a 4 saturday class in April and until then try to refresh my self on math
Hate that the writing wasn't factored into scoring (if I remember correctly). Also spent a few hundred on books. They were useless. Found one in the trunk of my car a few months back; wanted to burn it.

Hate that the writing wasn't factored into scoring (if I remember correctly). Also spent a few hundred on books. They were useless. Found one in the trunk of my car a few months back; wanted to burn it.

Word the books are written terribly for self study. I find it dumb that the math stuff is even there literally deals nothing with anything i do career wise and isnt even a good indicator of corporate decision making skills.

very nice Carlin. I'm guessing sanderson's right?
mad.gif
 Haha yeah, they have quickly moved into my top 3
Is the toe cap different color than the upper or is it just from polishing? Looks cool. I like the fit waist up by itself, and waist down by itself ******, but not really liking it too much all together. Kicks are ill though.
The toe is slightly darker, just due to the burnishing during production, I think.  Thanks for the critique

Is the toe cap different color than the upper or is it just from polishing? Looks cool. I like the fit waist up by itself, and waist down by itself ******, but not really liking it too much all together. Kicks are ill though.
color on the shoe is just the burnishing

Random thought...whatever happened to eiddyfouw or jordanscrub. Haven't seen them post in here for a minute..

Random thought...whatever happened to eiddyfouw or jordanscrub. Haven't seen them post in here for a minute..
i'm 99% positive that jordanscrub took our advice and is posting under a different SN. i won't be the one to blow up his spot though

I was wondering about Jordanscrub too. I wonder what his new handle is.....

Quoting myself but I thought about it and yeah it's pretty clear his new identity :lol:

Also, what is your guys thoughts on the S/S '13 Nick Wooster Collection at JCP:

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/jsp/...Id=pg40023600013&_requestid=4316488#blueshirt

I'm actually feeling the Polka Dot and Floral button downs. May have to check them out in stores.

im going to check it out. plus I got a 25% off coupon in the mail.

I just wonder if their 'selvedge" is raw or not. kind of defeats the purpose if not

If you wait you can get those chinos for less than 100. Same for that APC jacket.
Then you wouldn't be comparing apple to apple. I bought a couple pairs of APC chinos at retail and I have no regrets. And if we're talking about buying online then you probably wouldn't have the chance to try on the APC varsity in person prior to buying as well.

rainy day out here in NJ:

As I said it's been raining really hard here all day. Breaking out the umbrella tonight. :lol:

Nice fit today A

edit:

"TOJ0 2013 Varisty is officially for sale

$380 shipped

100% Japanese fine coat wool in the body, NZ lambskin (of course) sleeves, wool blend ribbing, and then Bemberg lining. Materials-wise, it’s now all of the best that we have, which is kinda fitting since it’s the original model and deserves to get brought back to the front.

Size options: You may adjust the sleeve or body lengths appropriately. No other customizations.

Price: $380 shipped"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom