Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I asked Adrian about this and he said that they do stretch but it takes time, they don't stretch as quick as APCs for example

I definitely need to break them in then, I'm a 36 and went with a 34 with these, their the slim fit too. Hoping they stretch another 1-2 inches, most of denim from Gap or Old Navy usually does. Thanks for the info man!

I asked Adrian about this and he said that they do stretch but it takes time, they don't stretch as quick as APCs for example

I definitely need to break them in then, I'm a 36 and went with a 34 with these, their the slim fit too. Hoping they stretch another 1-2 inches, most of denim from Gap or Old Navy usually does. Thanks for the info man!

:lol: dang man!

I went with a 32 in the straight and 33 is my usual size... and they're very tight on me. Can't even imagine would sizing down 2 in the slim fit would feel like :lol:

My experience with this kind of denim is unlike most. I bought a pair of Nudie Slim Jim and APC NS 2 years ago, sized down 1...didn't stretched out. I now own jeans that are true to size, and never stretched as well :lol: so these worked out for me. I only wore them a couple of times a week so unlike most who are into raw denim, I wasn't living in them.

its real they take for ever to ship tho ... like a month

They should give you a fairly accurate expected ship date when you place the order. The last time I ordered something from them, I received it within a week, per the expected delivery date that they gave me at the order screen.

^ Rothco quality is superb. I got tiger camo & woodland camo pants from them; tiger camo shorts too.
how long are the length ... im 6'2 so im looking at the longer inseam of rothco ... usually wear a large but looks like in these its gna be a medium cuz of waist size. thinking of the long length for longer inseam.

Last edited:
Got my lands end cargos back from my tailor, fit awesome now
pimp.gif
what did u alter and why? 

how long are the length ... im 6'2 so im looking at the longer inseam of rothco ... usually wear a large but looks like in these its gna be a medium cuz of waist size. thinking of the long length for longer inseam.

Im 6'3" and rothco's hit me just right. These are the vintage ones.

Please pay the fit no mind. I was home for lunch last year and wanted to post quick pics for this thread. So I changed my pants to show fit.

Last edited:
TypeR love the fit today man
Likewise.

TypeR: did you Photoshop the pictures? Also, nice backdrop...didn't pay attention the first time around. My DSLR is so old school, I don't think it has auto timer :lol:

Me and NCTwin were talking today about AF1s. They were so popular in the early to mid 2000s, like any decent colorway would sell. And the all whites were impossible to keep in stock at stores. I'm semi tempted to buy a pair of all white lows and see what I can do with them.

Also, dudes...we need to decide on a new challenge soon :lol:

My 2 are:

pocket squares (I'm sure some would throw them into waist coats, vests, topcoat, etc.)

Outerwear, including suit jackets, blazers, peacoats, topcoats, etc.

Any suggestions from the gents are welcome.

Also, not sure if anyone wants to carry this motion, but let's make Fridays sneaker day. I got this idea from Carlin since he rocked Jordans for the last few Fridays.

Im 6'3" and rothco's hit me just right. These are the vintage ones.

Please pay the fit no mind. I was home for lunch last year and wanted to post quick pics for this thread. So I changed my pants to show fit.
those the regular vintage m65 field shorts? if so those will work. debating the long length bdu shorts also.

Hey guys,

I have been a constant visitor (i.e. lurker
nerd.gif
) to the DB thread since about August.

I decided to make an account and will start posting some fits very soon.

I am excited to join and share my style.

Last edited:
Hit up the Gap Factory Store today and scored some Gap Selvedge Raw Denim for $14...they were $69.99 plus 70% off and then an additional 40% off. Question for the gents here, selvedge raw denim stretches correct? I asked as I sized down.
I got the exact same ones (I even bought two pairs at that price) and I bought a size down pair and a regular size one (being shipped from another store to my house). These are my first raw denim and I have noticed the waist on the sized down pair has stretched about an inch so far (wore them sat night and this afternoon) and I can see them starting to form to my body. Hopefully this will continue.

Me and NCTwin were talking today about AF1s. They were so popular in the early to mid 2000s, like any decent colorway would sell. And the all whites were impossible to keep in stock at stores. I'm semi tempted to buy a pair of all white lows and see what I can do with them.

Also, dudes...we need to decide on a new challenge soon
laugh.gif

My 2 are:

pocket squares (I'm sure some would throw them into waist coats, vests, topcoat, etc.)

Also, not sure if anyone wants to carry this motion, but let's make Fridays sneaker day. I got this idea from Carlin since he rocked Jordans for the last few Fridays.
This week will probably be the last week for an actual coat for me, either challenge is fine.  I will continue to wear blazers year round.

I try to wear sneakers every Friday, that is the only time they actually get some action, I need to slim down the collection
laugh.gif

I went in on Gap, J.Crew, and Brooks Bros this weekend.

3 lived in slim khakis, 1 selvedge denim (didn't see any at Woodbury outlet though :smh: Maybe I didn't look hard enough), and a pair of sunglasses.

1 Wallace & Barnes crewneck sweater, 2 factory summer plaid button downs, and 2 factory ties

2 ties from Brooks Bros

:smh:

Last edited:

Also, dudes...we need to decide on a new challenge soon :lol:

My 2 are:

I think we should do outerwear since it's still fairly cold, and some of us are supposed to get hit by ANOTHER snow storm tomorrow. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom