Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Hey guys,

I have been a constant visitor (i.e. lurker :nerd: ) to the DB thread since about August.

I decided to make an account and will start posting some fits very soon.

I am excited to join and share my style.

Welcome man!

Did you go TTS? I'm debating on whether to get a 31 or 32. I usually wear Roshe Run's & AJ1's. I don't want them to cover the whole shoe

For the Slims go TTS.

They have held up extremely well.

Glad everyone enjoyed the video. Some point down the line, I want to make another one. Hopefully that will be a little shorter, will have better editing techniques, and a cleaner picture :lol:

But anyway, surprised to not see the thread covered in green. Where's the st. patty's day fits fellas? Here's what I wore out last night. Forgot to pack the camo's when heading home for spring break. Best believe they would've been on otherwise :pimp:

Last edited:
Definitely won't regret it Serg, I love mine from there....great quality for the price

I've heard of Suit Supply but never actually took the time to check them out.

Just browsed the site and saw some nice pieces for solid pricing.

Is SS comparable to a J Crew ludlow quality wise? Better or worse?

A navy ludlow is all I have to compare to, but I'm looking to pick up a grey suit as my #2.

Whats good DB fam! I got these cords from J Crew that I've never worn and only had about 2 months maybe. They are the 484 Slims in navy and they are 34/30 if anyone wants them just hit me up all I ask is you cover shipping 
happy.gif

Last edited:
what did u alter and why? 

They are kind of baggy in the thigh and a little through the leg..but I didnt alter mine..they are cargo pants after all..i actually use the pockets on my cargos, so i dont mind if they are a tad wider..if i wanted the perfect fit id get them altered like ksteezy too. I already have a pair of slimmer cargos in my wardrobe, but if this was my only pair, i miiiight get them tapered a little..but i mean we are talking fractions of inches...0.25 inches..maybe? lol

overall im happy with the tho

:lol: dang man!

I went with a 32 in the straight and 33 is my usual size... and they're very tight on me. Can't even imagine would sizing down 2 in the slim fit would feel like :lol:

Yea they are a bit snug in the pelvic area if u get my drift lol.

Me and NCTwin were talking today about AF1s. They were so popular in the early to mid 2000s, like any decent colorway would sell. And the all whites were impossible to keep in stock at stores. I'm semi tempted to buy a pair of all white lows and see what I can do with them.

Also, dudes...we need to decide on a new challenge soon :lol:

My 2 are:

pocket squares (I'm sure some would throw them into waist coats, vests, topcoat, etc.)

Outerwear, including suit jackets, blazers, peacoats, topcoats, etc.

Any suggestions from the gents are welcome.

Also, not sure if anyone wants to carry this motion, but let's make Fridays sneaker day. I got this idea from Carlin since he rocked Jordans for the last few Fridays.

I'm down for any of these, it's spirit week at school this week so the fits will vary for me but either one I can incorporate. Being that I'll be in LA next week, I'll probably just be sticking to 1 or 2 blazers.

I got the exact same ones (I even bought two pairs at that price) and I bought a size down pair and a regular size one (being shipped from another store to my house). These are my first raw denim and I have noticed the waist on the sized down pair has stretched about an inch so far (wore them sat night and this afternoon) and I can see them starting to form to my body. Hopefully this will continue.

I bought 2 as well for the price, I didn't even think about having them order my true size (36) from another store. I'm going to end up switching into them everyday when I get home. That inch is more than enough for me, IMO.

I went in on Gap, J.Crew, and Brooks Bros this weekend.

3 lived in slim khakis, 1 selvedge denim (didn't see any at Woodbury outlet though :smh: Maybe I didn't look hard enough), and a pair of sunglasses.

1 Wallace & Barnes crewneck sweater, 2 factory summer plaid button downs, and 2 factory ties

2 ties from Brooks Bros

:smh:

I only picked up the two selvedge jeans and 2 shirts, my wife on the other hand bought a women's suit, 3 dress slacks, a few tops (3-4) and a dress just from BR and another 2 pants and 3 shirts at Gap...:smh:

Haha I catch your drift man. I had to get rid of a pair of unbrandeds because they were so tight on my uh... private area

mean.gif
SMH, JUST GOT MY SHIRT BACK FROM THE TAILOR. GOT A HEM FOR $15, HE STRAIGHT BUTCHERED IT, LOOKING LIKE A KIDS SIZE NOW
mean.gif

If anybody out there still has their eye on some pin dot, I thought I'd throw these out there as another option. As you can see, Merona (Target).

Note the point collars(?) and linen make up as I'm sure they will be areas of interest. Tailored fit of Merona in my experience run along the same line as the JCP. I do have a JCP gingham if specifics are needed. Comes in at $22.99 so they are in the same neighborhood price wise as well and worth a look imo.

Me and NCTwin were talking today about AF1s. They were so popular in the early to mid 2000s, like any decent colorway would sell. And the all whites were impossible to keep in stock at stores. I'm semi tempted to buy a pair of all white lows and see what I can do with them.

Also, dudes...we need to decide on a new challenge soon :lol:

My 2 are:

pocket squares (I'm sure some would throw them into waist coats, vests, topcoat, etc.)

Outerwear, including suit jackets, blazers, peacoats, topcoats, etc.

Any suggestions from the gents are welcome.

Also, not sure if anyone wants to carry this motion, but let's make Fridays sneaker day. I got this idea from Carlin since he rocked Jordans for the last few Fridays.

If anybody out there still has their eye on some pin dot, I thought I'd throw these out there as another option. As you can see, Merona (Target).

Note the point collars(?) and linen make up as I'm sure they will be areas of interest. Tailored fit of Merona in my experience run along the same line as the JCP. I do have a JCP gingham if specifics are needed. Comes in at $22.99 so they are in the same neighborhood price wise as well and worth a look imo.

That looks pretty good IMO.

Tailored fit = Slim fit??

Whats good DB fam! I got these cords from J Crew that I've never worn and only had about 2 months maybe. They are the 484 Slims in navy and they are 34/30 if anyone wants them just hit me up all I ask is you cover shipping :D

Great gesture, man. Thanks! Only if that was a size 31 :lol:

NC: They also have a "classic fit," so in Target world, I would say yes. Body is trim and sleeves are not nearly as billowy.

Last edited:
To all my bracelet wearers: What wrist do you rock them on? Your left wrist with your watch or your right wrist? I wasn't sure if there was an appropriate wrist to wear them on.

NC: They also have a "classic fit," so in Target world, I would say yes. Body is trim and sleeves are not nearly as billowy.

Ok cool. Thanks a lot. I'll check them out probably tomorrow when I scoop up the new Timberlake.

To all my bracelet wearers: What wrist do you rock them on? Your left wrist with your watch or your right wrist? I wasn't sure if there was an appropriate wrist to wear them on.

It's always been left for the watch, and right for bracelets.
I guess maybe because I'm right handed, I could always check out the time while still writing with the other while in class.

I don't know about your wedding band being in the same category as what you wear...lol but ok...

Mines is a pretty cheap replacement band since I actually lost my OG band which looked just like this one, but much better diamond setting ad quality

I was always told your watch goes on the opposite hand that you write with.

Last edited:
well this is my daily wear to work...

Tungsten Carbide wedding band to match my beater watch and bracelet..

I chose that metal for my wedding band-since I'm in the Construction Industry and need a heavy duty ring that can withstand everyday work I do..
Any chance some of you guys would post your wedding bands? Looking for ideas…….thats dressing better right? lol

Back
Top Bottom