Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Storm: haha thanks for noticing man. Obviously my ethnicity has prevented me from doing anything my whole life but over the past month I've decided I have enough on my chinny chin chin to at least do this :lol:

Also, anyone else see a few randoms/lurker a giving praise on GGotti's nordstrom offer :smh:

I love these shoes :smile:

Tried to scoop a pair off run.com for $150. They don't ship to canada :frown:

Those all white flyknits are beautiful, I need them, but can't find them...got my wife the black with white, those are dope too, probably easier to maintain..

Storm: haha thanks for noticing man. Obviously my ethnicity has prevented me from doing anything my whole life but over the past month I've decided I have enough on my chinny chin chin to at least do this :lol:

Also, anyone else see a few randoms/lurker a giving praise on GGotti's nordstrom offer :smh:

No hate, but I mean I feel like I'm a part of this thread. I'm a lurker, read every page and every single post. However, I've only posted about 5-10 times in here because I feel like I'm not as knowledgeable as some of you are in order to give advice and I'm still in the transition to dressing better so my fits aren't very DB appropriate. I'm just curious why you seem salty about lurkers thanking him. Because in all honesty, GGotti doesn't post a ton in here or at least I haven't seen his SN very much...

No hate, but I mean I feel like I'm a part of this thread. I'm a lurker, read every page and every single post. However, I've only posted about 5-10 times in here because I feel like I'm not as knowledgeable as some of you are in order to give advice and I'm still in the transition to dressing better so my fits aren't very DB appropriate. I'm just curious why you seem salty about lurkers thanking him. Because in all honesty, GGotti doesn't post a ton in here or at least I haven't seen his SN very much...
It's the same concept from when Wis decided to give away some raffled items a few months back. People were coming out of the wood works trying to get theirs. I just see people sometimes like to take advantage of a person's generosity. If they truly belong to the thread and contribute their input here and there, then by all means. Any perk DB has to offer, definitely go for it. It's just ashame to see people seeing any type of hook up and assume it's is rightfully theirs to claim. Just my take :\

It's the same concept from when Wis decided to give away some raffled items a few months back. People were coming out of the wood works trying to get theirs. I just see people sometimes like to take advantage of a person's generosity. If they truly belong to the thread and contribute their input here and there, then by all means. Any perk DB has to offer, definitely go for it. It's just ashame to see people seeing any type of hook up and assume it's is rightfully theirs to claim. Just my take :\

I understand. My $.02 is just that personally since I'm on this thread all the time, I wouldn't feel bad taking advantage of any offers/raffles even though I only lurk because I know that when I finally feel comfortable enough with my style and I have a good basis of providing help, I'll be a contributing member. I see where your coming from now though. Carry on DB bros :pimp:

Very understandable man. However, we don't know how many people that say they "lurk" actually do. There's a plethora of people in this thread and on NT in general that, "Have been lurking for a long time but just never posted, and have been here for years."

I believe you when you say that you read every post, but we can never know that for sure especially when there's several people who are saying it. Not taking sides or anything, like I said I believe you. We just can't have people taking advantage.

You made a great point of GGotti though, but the reasoning behind him not posting a lot is that I imagine he works a lot. However, when he does post it's always quality.

I really want a pair of these in the black/white colorway. I saw this picture while randomly browsing through a Flyknit thread and fell in love.
damnn these look amazing.  The denim is helping the look also.  Been looking at these just afraid of white shoes getting dirty.

Honestly I just throw them in the washer and they come out looking brand new. They're really durable.

Very understandable man. However, we don't know how many people that say they "lurk" actually do. There's a plethora of people in this thread and on NT in general that, "Have been lurking for a long time but just never posted, and have been here for years."

I believe you when you say that you read every post, but we can never know that for sure especially when there's several people who are saying it. Not taking sides or anything, like I said I believe you. We just can't have people taking advantage.

You made a great point of GGotti though, but the reasoning behind him not posting a lot is that I imagine he works a lot. However, when he does post it's always quality.

Yeah, I guess my main thing that bothers me is that I think there's been a few times I've seen people who don't post much offer a giveaway (JesusShuttlesworth comes to mind) and immediately the regulars and often contributors just feel entitled to it. So to me it seems like if a lurker is giving something away, why can't other lurkers benefit from it? I understand the points you guys made though because every lurker might not be on their DB reading game :wink: Not mad though because you guys give me so much inspiration and advice!

Speaking of that, I'm looking for a field jacket similar to that posted in the first post. :nerd: I figure now is a good time because they'll be going on sale soon.

Yeah, I guess my main thing that bothers me is that I think there's been a few times I've seen people who don't post much offer a giveaway (JesusShuttlesworth comes to mind) and immediately the regulars and often contributors just feel entitled to it. So to me it seems like if a lurker is giving something away, why can't other lurkers benefit from it? I understand the points you guys made though because every lurker might not be on their DB reading game :wink: Not mad though because you guys give me so much inspiration and advice!

Speaking of that, I'm looking for a field jacket similar to that posted in the first post. :nerd: I figure now is a good time because they'll be going on sale soon.

Levis makes a nice field jacket, GAP and J Crew too. Not sure if GAP or J Crew has them online but I've seen them in stores recently

Yeah, I guess my main thing that bothers me is that I think there's been a few times I've seen people who don't post much offer a giveaway (JesusShuttlesworth comes to mind) and immediately the regulars and often contributors just feel entitled to it. So to me it seems like if a lurker is giving something away, why can't other lurkers benefit from it? I understand the points you guys made though because every lurker might not be on their DB reading game
wink.gif
Not mad though because you guys give me so much inspiration and advice!

Speaking of that, I'm looking for a field jacket similar to that posted in the first post.
nerd.gif
I figure now is a good time because they'll be going on sale soon.
Check Zappos: http://www.zappos.com/men-coats-outerwear~b

i'm sure its been mentioned, but how do Allen Edmonds shoes fit in relations to jordans? Do I size down? Looking to get a few wingtips

i'm sure its been mentioned, but how do Allen Edmonds shoes fit in relations to jordans? Do I size down? Looking to get a few wingtips

1. What are these wingtips you speak of. Many AE shoes come in different lasts, which is the overall fit of the shoe.

2. Your best bet is to go to an AE store or any retailer that carries AE. Everyone's foot is different and that is especially important when it comes to higher end dress shoes.

Good luck.

Like shady said it'a best to try them on at the store but from my experience I've had to go 1/2 size down from my true size. I might even be able to go down a full size

Like others have said.. Best bet is to try them on. If you can't get to a retailer, I wear a 10 in Jordan's and a 9.5D in Edmonds.. Could possibly fit a 9D with thinner socks.

No offense but it's a little funny that in all likelihood GGotti's offer made you step out of the lurking shadows and now you have multiple posts in this thread and just now started asking questions/joining in. Had he not posted that info, why would you have remained a lurker?

You mention the regulars feeling entitled but where would this thread be if everyone else just lurked and didn't contribute? It didn't take giveaways for those that you see in here to start posting and it would be a little disappointing if people had to always be enticed to contribute, like some incentive was needed.

People in other forums on NT get way more up in arms about lurkers whose only purpose of being on NT is to find out where to buy stock and resell, keeping those that otherwise share info from getting items. I find this to be worse in that someone offers something extremely generous (far more personal than a website or store's #) and it comes across as a little selfish to me that people couldn't be bothered to post before (for whatever reason) want to take advantage of it. I don't know, maybe he can, but if 100 NTers hit him up to use his discount, it might be something he can't do anymore.

Gotti should just raffle off spots every month for an opportunity to use the discount

Back
Top Bottom