Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I once purchased a pair of GAP skinny fit selvedge jeans in a size 30 from their online store and they literally measured at about 33-34 inches. These things were massive. Needless to say, they were returned asap. I'm not sure how their trousers/pants fit compared to their jeans but if they're similar, I'd guess a size 34 would measure approximately 37-38 inches in the waist.

Last edited:
LOL! Feel free...just make sure it's after dinner though, cuz aint no way i'm paying per head/per plate for all yall :lol:
Translation: come after the gym because the food is on this guy.

Today:

Pick up:

I just need those 12s coming out later on in the year and I'll have all the sneakers I wanted in elementary - middle school :smile:

I really like that fit :pimp: . Info on where you cop your paisley shirts from?

Quick, trying to put my order in before 11:59 CDT. This is for my College Senior Ball btw for those who missed me talking about it earlier.

Silk glenplaid:
http://www.thetiebar.com/order_page...emplateSearchFormSubmit.y=-48&viewall=viewall

Wool herringbone:
http://www.thetiebar.com/order_page...mit.x=-1109&btnTemplateSearchFormSubmit.y=-48

I would want wool glenplaid to also wear in a more casual sense but they only have pre-tied for it. :smh:

This may be too late but I would go with the Glen H. Plaid. It just appears to be more versatile. When is this Senior Ball?

guys, i've been lurking in this thread for quite some time and I've been meaning to join in the posts.. :smile:

but i tried the Mr. Porter Global Style competition and i'd appreciate any vote i can get. here's my entry (the one with the teddy):

http://mrporterglobalstyle.com/style/manila/4031

thanks NTDB! :smile:

I voted for you but cot damn, those are some ****** entries as a whole. One dude has two...with one of them being just a pic of his gold MMM and the other sucks? :smh:

Pic is small but I think your pants could fit better and those Kobes = :x

Last edited:
Right? That's like average IMO

Actually I think that's smaller than average,I was just saying I'm probably a bit heavier than the average in this thread and it wasn't a size problem finding things in the Gap just a variety problem..

haha thanks man, really appreciate it :smile:

was trying to get some cheap pop by wearing the Kobes.. was actually thinking of wearing one my generic brand boots for that entry.. 

Times change quick. A year ago people would've gotten stonefaced for even mentioning the buying of basketball shoes in this thread.

Biting Adrian's style a bit...got a raise at work yesterday and decided to go shopping. Picked up the navy/white pin dot and floral shirts at JCP for $40.

Also ordered those Cole Haan Air Aiden penny loafers at Nordstrom :evil:

I just hope they fit. Ended up sizing down 1.5 after trying on a couple other CH pairs in store (they were sold out of the Air Aiden) because I plan on wearing them sockless.

I once purchased a pair of GAP skinny fit selvedge jeans in a size 30 from their online store and they literally measured at about 33-34 inches. These things were massive. Needless to say, they were returned asap. I'm not sure how their trousers/pants fit compared to their jeans but if they're similar, I'd guess a size 34 would measure approximately 37-38 inches in the waist.

I usually am a size 36 in every other brand, even Gap but have dropped to a 34 now..

LOL! Feel free...just make sure it's after dinner though, cuz aint no way i'm paying per head/per plate for all yall :lol:
Translation: come after the gym because the food is on this guy.

Today:

Pick up:

I just need those 12s coming out later on in the year and I'll have all the sneakers I wanted in elementary - middle school :smile:

I really like that fit :pimp: . Info on where you cop your paisley shirts from?

Quick, trying to put my order in before 11:59 CDT. This is for my College Senior Ball btw for those who missed me talking about it earlier.

Silk glenplaid:
http://www.thetiebar.com/order_page...emplateSearchFormSubmit.y=-48&viewall=viewall

Wool herringbone:
http://www.thetiebar.com/order_page...mit.x=-1109&btnTemplateSearchFormSubmit.y=-48

I would want wool glenplaid to also wear in a more casual sense but they only have pre-tied for it. :smh:

This may be too late but I would go with the Glen H. Plaid. It just appears to be more versatile. When is this Senior Ball?

Yep, went glenplaid storm. Senior ball is the 19th so I got some time

Biting Adrian's style a bit...got a raise at work yesterday and decided to go shopping. Picked up the navy/white pin dot and floral shirts at JCP for $40.

Also ordered those Cole Haan Air Aiden penny loafers at Nordstrom :evil:

I just hope they fit. Ended up sizing down 1.5 after trying on a couple other CH pairs in store (they were sold out of the Air Aiden) because I plan on wearing them sockless.
Haha Joe, you got some good taste over there :pimp: :lol:
Nah but for real, dope pieces you just picked up. They are gonna be crazy useful for the spring/summer.

Last edited:
Nah but for real, dope pieces you just picked up. They are gonna be crazy useful for the spring/summer.

Wasn't planning on picking up the shirts but after trying them on, I couldn't imagine walking out of there without them :lol:

Any comment on the sizing of those loafers btw? Dude helping me in store also suggested I size down. If they fit like the other CH loafers I tried on I think I'll be ok. Also, do they stretch out at all?

Wasn't planning on picking up the shirts but after trying them on, I couldn't imagine walking out of there without them :lol:

Any comment on the sizing of those loafers btw? Dude helping me in store also suggested I size down. If they fit like the other CH loafers I tried on I think I'll be ok. Also, do they stretch out at all?
I honestly bought my normal size and felt fine with them. Maybe they've stretched a tad but I wear them mostly sockless and feel fine in them.

I was checking out some lifestyle stuff brands like Nike and Adidas are trying to appeal to kids now. I wouldn't mind rocking this hoody. But dang, Eastbay sells out of everything even the wack stuff :lol:

Been lurkin this thread for a while, don't really post much as I don't have much time, but today is dead at my office. Anyway, i thought I'd help if I could...

https://www.dtlr.com/product/tops/f...versized-logo-hoodie/dark-gray---heather.html

Site ships slow, but DTLR is as legit as they come (urban retailer). Hope this helps fam.

Back
Top Bottom