Dressing Better Vol 2.0

That fit has too much unintentional sloppiness. Button the shirt to the top, and fix your tie.

Get new pants.

Edit: thanks for the feedback. I tried to button the top button but the collar is too small for me to do it

Last edited:
Edit: thanks for the feedback

I know critiquing almost always sounds rude but we're just trying to help you fam. The things you need to fix are simple beginners mistakes that most people make. No big deal. :smile:

My first addition to the thread. Probably should've worn darker shoes in hindsight

Like previously stated your look is all over the place. This would be fine for 8th grade dance lol

but in all seriousness Jordan IV's arent the sneaker you want to rock with that look, some Jack Purcells, chucks or stan smith adidas would of went perfect.

That tie doesnt go with the chambray shirt at all, they are all some great pieces just not all in 1 shot.

No tie with the shirt untucked and the IV's would be a great look.

My first addition to the thread. Probably should've worn darker shoes in hindsight
Hi and welcome. Like stated, if you can't button all buttons, then the shirt doesn't fit you correctly. The collar should be able to button and you should be able to stick a finger in between the collar and your neck so you don't choke to death. Anything more, it's too loose.

I think the tie is OK. I assume it's camo, which is on the casual side, just like knit ties. However, the color of the tie blends in with the chinos too much. I even think the fitment of the chinos are OK. It's more of a straight fit, but that's cool since not everyone is into slim/skinny fit.

Overall, too much is clashing...the busy camo pattern is fighting for attention with the J's. Also, since you're rocking sneakers, you should get a casual belt, something like an O or D belt would be great.

:smile:

DB Brothers I stumbled upon what appears to be Meermin's (shoemaker owned by Carmina) eBay's user iD which seems to be where they are selling their seconds. From the looks of it most of the stuff they have for sale has some minor blemishes, here is the link:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/goodyearshoes/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

I'm eyeing a couple of the double monks but at the pace they are going they'll probably sell on eBay for just as much as ordering straight from them for a non-blemished pair.

DB Brothers I stumbled upon what appears to be Meermin's (shoemaker owned by Carmina) eBay's user iD which seems to be where they are selling their seconds. From the looks of it most of the stuff they have for sale has some minor blemishes, here is the link:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/goodyearshoes/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

I'm eyeing a couple of the double monks but at the pace they are going they'll probably sell on eBay for just as much as ordering straight from them for a non-blemished pair.
+ one :smokin

Last edited:
NY DBers, need some help. What line should I hop on to get to Uniqlo in SoHo from the 9/11 memorial tomorrow (saturday)?

Edit: nvm. Looked it up. Gonna walk up broadway to hit all the dope places along the way. If anyone has any other recommendations in SoHo or even outside of it let me know. Gonna hit that area then head over to Times Square for chicken & rice. Not much else planned aside from that.

Last edited:
NY DBers, need some help. What line should I hop on to get to Uniqlo in SoHo from the 9/11 memorial tomorrow (saturday)?

Option 1:
From 9/11 Memorial take either the 6 or 4 train (a few blocks from 9/11 Memorial, station by City Hall) to Bleecker St. and walk over to Broadway. Within that area you're going to have the street vendors near Great Jones, the Uniqlo in SoHo is about 1-2 blocks from there, and SuitSupply is on Broome St, make a right if walking on Broadway.

Option 2:

From 9/11 Memorial take the A train to Canal St and walk a couple of blocks to Broome St. which is where SuitSupply is. Then walk the additional 1-2 blocks to Broadway turn left and you'll hit Uniqolo and the street vendors.

If you have an iPhone I highly suggest downloading the GoopleMaps app as it has great transit directions for the city and walking directions, just in case you get lost.

I'm going to a broadway matinee tomorrow (round 2pm) with a close lady friend and her family.  It's not a date, but also first time i'm meeting her folks.  But afterwards i'm going to a bar with her dad and brother to watch the louisville game.

WHAT SHOULD I WEARRRRRRR???

Her brother was like "button down and jeans" but i feel like that's a tarp.  at the same time though, I acknowledge if i wear a blazer i might be overdressed.

I'm going to a broadway matinee tomorrow (round 2pm) with a close lady friend and her family.  It's not a date, but also first time i'm meeting her folks.  But afterwards i'm going to a bar with her dad and brother to watch the louisville game.

WHAT SHOULD I WEARRRRRRR???

Her brother was like "button down and jeans" but i feel like that's a tarp.  at the same time though, I acknowledge if i wear a blazer i might be overdressed.

Throw a v-neck sweater over it, you won't look too overdressed for the bar but you won't look underdressed for the matinee either.

Back
Top Bottom