Dressing Better Vol 2.0

^ id go with a collared shirt, chinos/khakis and desert boots. That can be worn to the theater and the sports bar.

A: take pics of the city,man!
Best believe that that's the plan. Esp since I copped that tripod finally! Too bad I didn't have time to make it home and borrow my dad's DSLR :rolleyes

NY DBers, need some help. What line should I hop on to get to Uniqlo in SoHo from the 9/11 memorial tomorrow (saturday)?

Option 1:
From 9/11 Memorial take either the 6 or 4 train (a few blocks from 9/11 Memorial, station by City Hall) to Bleecker St. and walk over to Broadway. Within that area you're going to have the street vendors near Great Jones, the Uniqlo in SoHo is about 1-2 blocks from there, and SuitSupply is on Broome St, make a right if walking on Broadway.

Option 2:

From 9/11 Memorial take the A train to Canal St and walk a couple of blocks to Broome St. which is where SuitSupply is. Then walk the additional 1-2 blocks to Broadway turn left and you'll hit Uniqolo and the street vendors.

If you have an iPhone I highly suggest downloading the GoopleMaps app as it has great transit directions for the city and walking directions, just in case you get lost.
Serg again coming through with the info :pimp: Thanks a bunch man. Still figuring out if we wanna (me and my girl) walk up broad but if we do decide to take the train, this will definitely be the way to do it. Google Maps already DL'd and ready. Got a subway app I used last time I was in the city too. Thanks fambs 8)

NY DBers, need some help. What line should I hop on to get to Uniqlo in SoHo from the 9/11 memorial tomorrow (saturday)?

Edit: nvm. Looked it up. Gonna walk up broadway to hit all the dope places along the way. If anyone has any other recommendations in SoHo or even outside of it let me know. Gonna hit that area then head over to Times Square for chicken & rice. Not much else planned aside from that.

Funny thing is.. I was planning a SoHo trip tomorrow (Saturday) and a chicken and rice run on Sunday :lol:

Times Square for chicken and rice???

mean.gif

Tourists.

53rd Street fools.

IMG_3659.jpg

I'm going to a broadway matinee tomorrow (round 2pm) with a close lady friend and her family.  It's not a date, but also first time i'm meeting her folks.  But afterwards i'm going to a bar with her dad and brother to watch the louisville game.

WHAT SHOULD I WEARRRRRRR???

Her brother was like "button down and jeans" but i feel like that's a tarp.  at the same time though, I acknowledge if i wear a blazer i might be overdressed.

collared shirt/ v neck :smile:

Edit: nvm. Looked it up. Gonna walk up broadway to hit all the dope places along the way. If anyone has any other recommendations in SoHo or even outside of it let me know. Gonna hit that area then head over to Times Square for chicken & rice. Not much else planned aside from that.

Funny thing is.. I was planning a SoHo trip tomorrow (Saturday) and a chicken and rice run on Sunday :lol:
Let me know if you trying to meet up dude.

:smh:

Tourists.

53rd Street fools.
I mean I guess man. Don't venture into the city much. Forgive me for my ignorance. :rolleyes

mean.gif

Tourists.

53rd Street fools.
I mean I guess man. Don't venture into the city much. Forgive me for my ignorance.
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
  Dude I wasn't really mocking you, it was all goodhearted ribbing.  If I was free I'd tell you to come kick it with me.  I AM trying to put you on to game though.  Go to 53rd and 6th for that halal.

Only street cart in the city with its own Yelp review:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/53rd-and-6th-halal-cart-new-york

go light on the chili sauce.  it's extra spicy up there.

Last edited:
Just got back from a retirement dinner (made some major connections) and went to my girl's sorority formal. Over heard one of her friends saying "Wes looks like he just stepped out of GQ"
Safe to say I was feeling myself for the rest of the night :pimp: :lol:

Just got back from a retirement dinner (made some major connections) and went to my girl's sorority formal. Over heard one of her friends saying "Wes looks like he just stepped out of GQ"
Safe to say I was feeling myself for the rest of the night :pimp: :lol:

Post a pic!

:smh:

Tourists.

53rd Street fools.
I mean I guess man. Don't venture into the city much. Forgive me for my ignorance. :rolleyes

:lol:   Dude I wasn't really mocking you, it was all goodhearted ribbing.  If I was free I'd tell you to come kick it with me.  I AM trying to put you on to game though.  Go to 53rd and 6th for that halal.

Only street cart in the city with its own Yelp review:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/53rd-and-6th-halal-cart-new-york

go light on the chili sauce.  it's extra spicy up there.
Lol sorry man. Didn't get that at all :lol: I was like yo, what's good?! This dude is usually nice as hell haha. But yes, 53rd and 6th was my plan. I know I can walk there for Times Square and my girl wanted to head to that area anyway.

^ while you're in soho you could also check out Kith, the shoe store is divided a room for sneakers and a room for "DB" shoes/boots :nthat:. There's also TopMan, sale section is hit or miss.

Not sure how long you're in the city for, but the weather is nice for some ice cream :lol:, find a Mr. Softee truck or go to Chinatown Ice Cream Factory

^ while you're in soho you could also check out Kith, the shoe store is divided a room for sneakers and a room for "DB" shoes/boots :nthat:. There's also TopMan, sale section is hit or miss.

Not sure how long you're in the city for, but the weather is nice for some ice cream :lol:, find a Mr. Softee truck or go to Chinatown Ice Cream Factory
Word up Jerald. I'll check those places out. :pimp:

DB Brothers I stumbled upon what appears to be Meermin's (shoemaker owned by Carmina) eBay's user iD which seems to be where they are selling their seconds. From the looks of it most of the stuff they have for sale has some minor blemishes, here is the link:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/goodyearshoes/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

I'm eyeing a couple of the double monks but at the pace they are going they'll probably sell on eBay for just as much as ordering straight from them for a non-blemished pair.

Wow nice find

Cuffed with a little break on suits looks great. It's a very classic/traditional look. Would look ******ed on something super slim

Cuffed with a little break on suits looks great. It's a very classic/traditional look. Would look ******ed on something super slim
Your right on classic suits they look good. I use to slimmer suits that's why. I wasn't try to make fun of him or anything.

I thought that they have way with cuffs for younger people? But if you like them that's all that matters. I personally cannot stand cuffed pants especially on suit pants.
I don't know what you mean by the first sentence. And the last sentence, suit pants? As oppose to what, odd trousers? I'm also assuming you're using pants in lieu of trousers and not including chinos.

I love 2" cuffs and have them on several pairs. Variety is the spice of life, my friend.

Got mine in, for the $10 that I paid it gets the job done. The clasp JUST fits my OtterBox case too which is something I was worried about.

Definitely worth it, the only thing that bothers me is that the iPhone mount seems to get loose and wiggly, not sure if it's because my case is so heavy but I'm not worried about it. Some super glue will do the trick!

Back
Top Bottom