Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Been pretty much a lurker in here for the past couple of months. Got these emerson chinos from BR for 40% and wanted to get some alterations done. I originally purchased a 30X30 but realized they were too short and switched them for a 30X32. I was thinking about making them into a 31 length, but also wanted to get them tapered a bit. Any suggestions. I've had little experience with tailors, what do I ask for?

sorry for the horrible pics, iphone was the only thing at my disposal

HM had these for 20 or 30 bucks. The pic is from about a month or two ago though so I don't know if they still have them. I think they had a couple styles, but if I remember correctly these were the closest they had to what you posted.
Goodluck finding em. I cant find them anymore everywhere.

I suggest trying on EVERY pair of these, as in the sizing is inconsistent. I bought 3 pairs, all size in medium in different colors. One fits just right, one is too loose, and the other fits like a S. Damn you HM.

Been pretty much a lurker in here for the past couple of months. Got these emerson chinos from BR for 40% and wanted to get some alterations done. I originally purchased a 30X30 but realized they were too short and switched them for a 30X32. I was thinking about making them into a 31 length, but also wanted to get them tapered a bit. Any suggestions. I've had little experience with tailors, what do I ask for?

I think all you need is a hem honestly.

Thanks for yall input.

I find it very hard to find shirts that I can wear untucked.. :smh:

Any suggestions on brands that sell relatively short shirts that can be worn with jeans? or even chinos sometimes? (untucked)
I like the first one.

I hate gold finishes on watches that don't have gold :smh:

This watch is very small in person... :lol: Just letting you know.. if you have a big wrist, stay away lol

Thanks for yall input.

I find it very hard to find shirts that I can wear untucked.. :smh:

Any suggestions on brands that sell relatively short shirts that can be worn with jeans? or even chinos sometimes? (untucked)
I like the first one.

I hate gold finishes on watches that don't have gold :smh:

This watch is very small in person... :lol: Just letting you know.. if you have a big wrist, stay away lol

This man speaks the truth. I'm not fat at all but I'm 6' 4" 200lbs which means I have relatively large wrists. I order that watch from Amazon and put it on and it looks rediculous :lol: . Definitely try one on before purchasing...

What's good with those AE Neumoras going on sale today for 178? Factory seconds so I need to send another email to the shoebank?

Last edited:
Goodluck finding em. I cant find them anymore everywhere.

I suggest trying on EVERY pair of these, as in the sizing is inconsistent. I bought 3 pairs, all size in medium in different colors. One fits just right, one is too loose, and the other fits like a S. Damn you HM.

I slept on those H&M sweats, went to cop the next week and they were gone & this is back in Feb :smh:

Re: group blog. I think with a Tumblr or Lookbook being photo dominant, we should keep it that way. Advices or text in general will get lost in the sea of pictures. Wordpress would be a good platform for that stuff as Serg mentioned. If this thing really takes off, we should look into expanding into that arena.

You'll want to ask for a hem and a taper.

Measure the cuff opening, if they're 7.5 inches or less I wouldn't get them hemmed unless you want a very tapered look.

Then again, that's up to your preference.

My optimal cuff opening is 7-7.5 inches.

Lu
Hey fellas,

JCrew has a 30 off clearance sale going on (which I'm sure most of you know they seem to run semi-regularly), but for the first time in a while I see a Ludlow jacket on sale that's actually included in the deal.

http://www.jcrew.com/browse/single_...4374302028624&nav_type=SALESITE&bmUID=jTAjWy3

Comes out to like $260 ish, figured maybe someone wants to jump on it.

If the matching pants were slim fit, and I hadn't just dropped bread on some footwear, I'd cop. It's flannel but still a good deal, no?
Ludlows are pretty frequently included but they sell out very quickly

shopping in nyc: woodbury, jersey gardens, garden state plaza mall, soho, 5th avenue.

i have all my basis covered ? any other areas that are cool to check out ?
Woodbury isn't in NYC, about an hour away...though Jersey Gardens & Garden State Plaza aren't either but I'm not sure how far away, not my area.

What are you looking for?

Thoughts on these? I've been looking for a decent quality black Chelsea boot for the days that I don't want to wear my sidezips

Timberland Earthkeepers City Premium Chelsea

What's good with those AE Neumoras going on sale today for 178? Factory seconds so I need to send another email to the shoebank?

Call the Wisconsin shoebank and ask for Vincenzo - (262)284-7158, he's always been super helpful with my phone orders. I had my record on file previously and the call took under 5 minutes.

Last edited:
What is your price range?
honestly, I was hoping to find something on sale for $500 or less.

Ive gotten suits from Jos Bank in the past.

I was thinking heather or charcoal grey, I like light grey the best

For that price range I would try looking at the following places:

J. Crew: http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/TheLudlowShop.jsp . The Ludlow is a fantastic suit and is a fan favorite of many people in this thread. I also believe they have sales from time to time which would bring that price down. You can also look into their

SuitSUpply: http://us.suitsupply.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-US-Site/en_US/Home-Show . Another great place to look. I am a huge fan of their products and if you are located in NYC, DC, Chicago, ATL or Philadelphia, I would definitely recommend going in person to check the suit out because the fit amongst their various different types of suits (i.e. Washington, Lazio, etc.) varies.

Banana Republic: http://bananarepublic.gap.com/brows...link=5343,6403474,2&clink=6403474#style=94490 . I've never purchased one but in your range you could get a BR suit. I have heard that they frequently have sales and coupons so this would bring the price down even further.

Express: http://www.express.com/clothing/Men/Suit+Shop/cat/cat1008 . Another place in your range that people have recommended and often has sales that will reduce the total price.

It's also important to remember that you will more than likely have to get this suit tailored as it probably won't fit perfectly off of the rack. When is your wedding?

Hey fellas,

JCrew has a 30 off clearance sale going on (which I'm sure most of you know they seem to run semi-regularly), but for the first time in a while I see a Ludlow jacket on sale that's actually included in the deal.

http://www.jcrew.com/browse/single_...4374302028624&nav_type=SALESITE&bmUID=jTAjWy3

Comes out to like $260 ish, figured maybe someone wants to jump on it.

If the matching pants were slim fit, and I hadn't just dropped bread on some footwear, I'd cop. It's flannel but still a good deal, no?

Thats a winter suit. Too hot to wear in the summer.

honestly, I was hoping to find something on sale for $500 or less.

Ive gotten suits from Jos Bank in the past.

I was thinking heather or charcoal grey, I like light grey the best

The brand shouldn't matter, the way it fits is what matters. For under $500 you could go the Indochino route or SuitSupply route (they'll be higher than $500 after alterations but worth it IMO)

Back
Top Bottom