Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Vlad, I just added one of your pictures to the blog, going to add another one tonight as well but the connection at work is crawling.

Thanks for adding me. I'm grateful to be a part of this community.

Off-topic: Did you see the craze in Boston? Why would someone bomb a marathon, how sick can you get, and so soon after those school shootings.. Anyone here from Boston? If so hopefully you're alright. Prayers to everyone there.

Off-topic: Did you see the craze in Boston? Why would someone bomb a marathon, how sick can you get, and so soon after those school shootings.. Anyone here from Boston? If so hopefully you're alright. Prayers to everyone there.

Not to take this off-topic but I'm asking myself the same thing right now, this world is just ridiculous. Like I said you never know when it might be your last.

I have a lot of family out there.

I posted in the thread that I have twin cousins, one a cop and one a firefighter up there, so we're all trying to get in touch with them. I hope that they're just busy working and nothing else.

i'll be there tomorrow. crazy i was standing at that exact spot on boylston st. last year during the marathon

damn i missed a bunch of stuff. can someone drop the email address for the blog so i can send some pics?

[email protected]

In the email, include:

-the pictures (please ensure they are of decent quality)
-your name, age, and anything else you want to include, ie brands of the stuff you're wearing, why you chose to wear it, what inspired you, etc.

What is your price range?
honestly, I was hoping to find something on sale for $500 or less.

Ive gotten suits from Jos Bank in the past.

I was thinking heather or charcoal grey, I like light grey the best

Unless budget really is an issue, please don't limit yourself that much by a dollar amount and definitely not by going the Jos A Bank route. Hope you're looking far enough out in advance that you can explore as many options as possible. I wouldn't do the retail store route like Banana Republic or Express as mentioned. Get yourself properly measured AND ask friends, family or anyone whose fashion sense you trust to come along and make sure it fits you well.

Biggest thing is to find a reputable tailor and allow for alterations. It's your wedding and if you're buying a suit, it's the one time you should splurge and make sure it's done right.

if i could get married again id do it in a nicely tailored Jcrew suit, some of the suit combos i come up on a fly now that i have a couple of ludlows completely blow out the water my BS suit i got from Mens Warehouse, wish i was more into this thread 3 years ago....

btw submitted some stuff to the blog...

if i could get married again id do it in a nicely tailored Jcrew suit, some of the suit combos i come up on a fly now that i have a couple of ludlows completely blow out the water my BS suit i got from Mens Warehouse, wish i was more into this thread 3 years ago....

Me too

So the guarantee that you're gonna like the way you look wasn't true? I'd go back and tell them, "Your CEO lied to me." From the most recent commercials I've seen, dude says they've modernized with slimmer cuts, higher armholes, smaller lapels...I'll take his word for it.

So the guarantee that you're gonna like the way you look wasn't true? I'd go back and tell them, "Your CEO lied to me." From the most recent commercials I've seen, dude says they've modernized with slimmer cuts, higher armholes, smaller lapels...I'll take his word for it.

Steezy didn't know what he did then so he probably really liked the way he looked that day :lol: . While I do agree with your sentiment about splurging, since I wasn't sure if it was an option, I wanted to work within his budget. Even the suits at the higher end of his budget (SuitSupply, J. Crew) will require probably and additional $100-200 in tailoring.

Speaking of which, I'm not sure of your location, wedding date or suit size (they don't make larger than a 42) but Thick as Thieves is another made-to-measure (MTM) option: http://www.thickasthievesla.com/ . Per Scar's suggestion, if you tell us your location, maybe some members can offer you the names of MTM clothiers in your area.

Woodbury isn't in NYC, about an hour away...though Jersey Gardens & Garden State Plaza aren't either but I'm not sure how far away, not my area.

What are you looking for?

i should've said in the nyc area. the places i listed are a must go for us. just looking for clothes and shoes, nothing really specific, so if there are any other areas worth visiting please let me know. the places i've listed so far definitely will have all our mall brands covered. need to hit up uniqlo and h&m as well. hopefully i can find an h&m with those sweat pants still. can't find them anywhere locally.

Yeah I think I'm going to pass.

If I'm questioning it, I don't want to spend money on it.

Nordstrom has the Cole Haan Air Harrison chelsea boots for 169.90, I saw them online the other day I really dig them but they have limited sizes....

For that price range I would try looking at the following places:

J. Crew: http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/TheLudlowShop.jsp . The Ludlow is a fantastic suit and is a fan favorite of many people in this thread. I also believe they have sales from time to time which would bring that price down. You can also look into their

SuitSUpply: http://us.suitsupply.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-US-Site/en_US/Home-Show . Another great place to look. I am a huge fan of their products and if you are located in NYC, DC, Chicago, ATL or Philadelphia, I would definitely recommend going in person to check the suit out because the fit amongst their various different types of suits (i.e. Washington, Lazio, etc.) varies.

Banana Republic: http://bananarepublic.gap.com/brows...link=5343,6403474,2&clink=6403474#style=94490 . I've never purchased one but in your range you could get a BR suit. I have heard that they frequently have sales and coupons so this would bring the price down even further.

Express: http://www.express.com/clothing/Men/Suit+Shop/cat/cat1008 . Another place in your range that people have recommended and often has sales that will reduce the total price.

It's also important to remember that you will more than likely have to get this suit tailored as it probably won't fit perfectly off of the rack. When is your wedding?

DB Fam, 

Can you give me some tips on what I should do to make this suit fit better? It's an Indochino suit that I got for really cheap.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  My chest isn't that wide, the jacket just makes it look like that.  Pants fit great.  Wondering if I can get the alterations done here without having to send the jacket back.  

Also, how does the J Crew Ludlow fit? Is it a bit on the slim side? 

Thanks in advance y'all.  Much appreciated. 

Back
Top Bottom