Dressing Better Vol 2.0

sometimes you just know what you like. :lol:

i'm playing catch up, but dope i love olive pants! the various shades of olive here is :smokin

got an interview thursday.
I'm going with navy suit and blue shirt. What color tie should i do? I was thinking a tie like this:

http://www.ties-necktie.com/red-and-grey-striped-tie-p-17174.html

what are other good alternatives? 

I also have a navy tie with white dots, a maroon grenadine, and a red tie that is more rich in color than the one in the link i posted.

It's a very conservative company so i dont want to be too flashy

If it is a conservative company than I recommended the navy with white dots. It's a sharp, timeless tie that will go well with your outfit but not stick out. Good luck man :pimp:

Also, should I shorten the sleeves on this Zara blazer?
Pic for reference.

Definitely shorten the sleeves. I would need other better pics to comment on the overall got, though.

They are way more comfortable and better quality than what JB is pushing out lately, worth every cent... you can find cheap ones tho... I bought 420's for $40 last year and 574's can be had for about $75

I like this style

joints 120 and i cant find a coupon code that works to get more off. lol for 120 I think about other kicks I can cop

Anyone else got to the point that 95% of your clothes can be worn at Work AND going out? lol Like on my Instagram I know I notice alot of people are on that All black Illuminati swag now

I've seen girls at the LV store use like 5 cards to buy a bag.

I only make these purchases on birthdays or something special occasions for myself. $2k isn't really that much in the scheme of things considering how much a decent time piece runs and all. It's your money, spend as you please. I'll leave it here since it can open a can of worms about saving vs spending.

WHAT??? :wow: Using 5 different cards to purchase something??? Yeeeeeesh

I'm glad this topic of luxury pieces came up. I'm a believer of dressing nice without necessarily being flashy (such as wearing loud LV sneakers, oversized big face watch, with gucci shades, etc...) to each his own though. I'm also somewhat frugal as well.

However, recently I have been considering purchasing a LV Damier belt which retails for a shade over 400.

Last edited:
while i don't do luxury clothing very often, accessories are another thing. those i can justify since i use them more often.

I like this style

joints 120 and i cant find a coupon code that works to get more off. lol for 120 I think about other kicks I can cop

Anyone else got to the point that 95% of your clothes can be worn at Work AND going out? lol Like on my Instagram I know I notice alot of people are on that All black Illuminati swag now

Dont let $20-30 be the deal breaker on comfort & not to mention they are "different", not what you expect to see on peoples feet :nerd:

card holder, belts, scarves, sunglasses, bracelets, cufflinks. i'm sure i have more

Gotcha, I agree if you purchase an expensive accessory chances are you will wear it more and have it longer than other luxury items such as a shirt or something along those lines.

They are way more comfortable and better quality than what JB is pushing out lately, worth every cent... you can find cheap ones tho... I bought 420's for $40 last year and 574's can be had for about $75

I like this style

You can definitely find them for less, I've seen them in the ~$90 range with discount codes. There are better color ways in the 999 Elite IMO but those are still cool.

My girls in a wedding in July and I dont want to let her down and need to dress up for the day.

Can you guys recommend places to get a suit on the low. I'm 5'10 250 (husky). Is Jos A Banks good? I'm in Los Angeles, if anyone can recommend a spot.

First time contributing with my thrift shop finds. Came across this & had no choice but to pull the trigger. Brooks Brothers/Alden cordovan pennys from my local Goodwill peep the price

while i don't do luxury clothing very often, accessories are another thing. those i can justify since i use them more often.

Accesories such as?

Belts
Watches
Wallet

Watches are a completely different animal than the rest, but I would argue that spending more for "luxury" belts and wallets is ridiculous if you're skimping on the rest of your outfit.

Wallets stay hidden 95% of the time, so who cares if it's luxury or not? And belts, luxury or not, do the same job. And trust me, your $10 Target belt will last just as long, if not longer, than your $300 Gucci belt. Plus, belts are also hidden unless you tuck in your shirt.

My girls in a wedding in July and I dont want to let her down and need to dress up for the day.

Can you guys recommend places to get a suit on the low. I'm 5'10 250 (husky). Is Jos A Banks good? I'm in Los Angeles, if anyone can recommend a spot.

H&M and the likes probably won't fit you.

Try Nordstrom Rack. The cheapest suits are anywhere from 200-600, with most around 300-400. Get someone there to measure you. I'd say you're probably a size 44r or 46r.

Biggest selection would be the one at Topanga Mall in Woodland Hills. There's also the one in Glendale, and then you can drive over to Pasadena if Glendale doesn't have anything you like. Don't go to the Beverly Center one. Last time I went there, they had no suits.

You might also want to try Banana Republic. They have 30-40% off online coupons like every week. Go in-store and try on the suits. When you see a coupon, buy it online.

If you don't care about quality at all, go to JC Penny or Marshalls.

Last edited:
hidden or not, i don't have a goyard wallet to show it off to others. i couldn't care less if you knew that my wallet cost more than the rest of my outfit. i'm too old to stunt for others. that's HS stuff. i use it 365 days of the year. i doubt i wear the same pair of pants more than once a week.

Back
Top Bottom