Dressing Better Vol 2.0

^Congrats on graduating

Thanks again to whoever posted about the Urban Outfitters sale. I was really hoping to find a levi's jacket (no luck), but they had a pretty good selection of other deals. A lot of pants for $10, including these which I picked up. I didn't like the cargo pockets so I cut off the buttons and tucked the pocket flaps inside the pockets. Problem solved :nthat:
Before

After

What size are you? My store had three of the slim fit truckers in XL

Went to macy's to find a slim dress shirt real quick. Bought a ck slim fit one that was on sale. I'm not in shape like I used to be but that thing fit like a damn poncho. Seems like the majority of dress shirts fit like garbage bags :smh:.

i want my tailor to make me a suit, i havent talked to him about it. Should i get the materials or does he get them for me ?

Make sure that your tailor can make a suit, there are very few tailors that can still make a suit by hand all by themselves. If he can ask him, what type of fusing material is he going to use, if it's hand made it should be horsehair. Also price, what is it? Considering the man hours it'll take it should be up there in price. If it is too good of a price then it may be too good to be true and he may be skimping on something. Lastly, he should be the one providing fabric samples and such.

Went to macy's to find a slim dress shirt real quick. Bought a ck slim fit one that was on sale. I'm not in shape like I used to be but that thing fit like a damn poncho. Seems like the majority of dress shirts fit like garbage bags
mean.gif
Word, so many shirts generally fit horrible on me. I can't even buy Hilfiger because every size fits bad in one way or another.

I managed to find my way into an invite to a dinner with the business management/front office folks of an MLB organization in late June.

My question, will a grey suit work for an occasion like this or should I go with a navy suit?

Also, when socializing with these folks is it acceptable to ASK for a business card? (Kind of a dumb question :lol:)

Most of the time with business-related events, I've always been offered a business card, telephone number, or email and I've never had to ask so far.

I'm kinda nervous about the whole thing, I know it's a good opportunity to make a few connections.

Last edited:
I managed to find my way into an invite to a dinner with the business management/front office folks of an MLB organization in late June.

My question, will a grey suit work for an occasion like this or should I go with a navy suit?

Also, when socializing with these folks is it acceptable to ASK for a business card? (Kind of a dumb question :lol:)

Most of the time with business-related events, I've always been offered a business card, telephone number, or email and I've never had to ask so far.

I'm kinda nervous about the whole thing, I know it's a good opportunity to make a few connections.

I don't think you can go wrong with either suit, personally. Regardless of it being gray or navy, both are professional and conservative just make sure you keep the shirt and tie conservative as well (i.e. white or blue shirt with a rep tie). Regarding asking for a business card, just ask "Do you mind if I get your contact information?" or start by offering your business card first as well.

Anyone own a levi's trucker jacket in bleacher light? My girl says she can get it for a crazy discount but I am still unsure. Denim jackets have never really caught my fancy but I'm curious for the price. I know Big copped a jacket from a few pages back. Any other insight on how they fit (not just specifically the bleacher color way but the jacket in general)?

if it helps I have the levis commuter trucker jacket and it fits pretty tts.

Jeans came in super fast.. Only took 1 day. Anyway they aren't exactly white. If I would of known this prior to purchase I wouldn't have but oh well.

Went to macy's to find a slim dress shirt real quick. Bought a ck slim fit one that was on sale. I'm not in shape like I used to be but that thing fit like a damn poncho. Seems like the majority of dress shirts fit like garbage bags
mean.gif
you can take it to the tailor and have the sides taken in. i do it to all my dress shirts. i hate excess fabric but the downside is that it adds $25 to the shirt.  my tailor charges that for side and sleeve alterations.

Thanks again sarteaga for that glen plaid link. came out to $81 with a gift card.
p.s. my eyes tend to water also when wearing sunglassses.

Anyone own a levi's trucker jacket in bleacher light? My girl says she can get it for a crazy discount but I am still unsure. Denim jackets have never really caught my fancy but I'm curious for the price. I know Big copped a jacket from a few pages back. Any other insight on how they fit (not just specifically the bleacher color way but the jacket in general)?
They fit pretty small, man. I have a Levi's x Brooks Bros jean trucker jacket that I sized up to a medium. A small didn't even allow for the buttons to be buttoned. Same story on the jean vest I got from Macy's.

I don't think you can go wrong with either suit, personally. Regardless of it being gray or navy, both are professional and conservative just make sure you keep the shirt and tie conservative as well (i.e. white or blue shirt with a rep tie). Regarding asking for a business card, just ask "Do you mind if I get your contact information?" or start by offering your business card first as well.

+1. I agree with everything he said. Typically in settings where you're meeting high profile executives, either people like yourself will want to talk to them for similar reasons as you or other executives may need to talk to them about business. This is the perfect time to say "I would like to continue this conversation, do you mind if we exchange contact info" (as Serg said). In my experience, I send an email taking the time to talk to me, highlight a few portions of our conversation and have been able to turn those conversations into successful mentoring relationships. Just be yourself, be poised and articulate and you'll profit. Good luck, bro.

+1. I agree with everything he said. Typically in settings where you're meeting high profile executives, either people like yourself will want to talk to them for similar reasons as you or other executives may need to talk to them about business. This is the perfect time to say "I would like to continue this conversation, do you mind if we exchange contact info" (as Serg said). In my experience, I send an email taking the time to talk to me, highlight a few portions of our conversation and have been able to turn those conversations into successful mentoring relationships. Just be yourself, be poised and articulate and you'll profit. Good luck, bro.
This is something that I have learned in the recent years and continue to perfect the art of talking to people. You can achieve what you want if you know how to talk to people. It works for nearly everything, not just job related. If you want a hook up at a Footlocker or whatever, just build a rapport with the SAs by talking to them. Networking is essential in life.

Can anyone tell me how the Zanerobe Sureshot chino's fit? Wondering if a 34 would be ok. I usually wear 36 in jeans

They fit pretty small, man. I have a Levi's x Brooks Bros jean trucker jacket that I sized up to a medium. A small didn't even allow for the buttons to be buttoned. Same story on the jean vest I got from Macy's.

Yeah would wear one size up if you want to comfortably button it. Ideally would have preferred mine to be larger but it was the only one and at $15 felt like I had to buy it anyway. Most of the thrift stores I go to want about the same for a used one, so really didn't feel like leaving it behind.

Last edited:
Yeah would wear one size up if you want to comfortably button it. Ideally would have preferred mine to be larger but it was the only one and at $15 felt like I had to buy it anyway. Most of the thrift stores I go to want about the same for a used one, so really didn't feel like leaving it behind.
For that price, I probably wouldn't either! Haha.

I was toying with building the jacket and thought these pictures would be helpful to some folks.

Different types of pockets for a jacket. The most far left would be a typical suit jacket and the middle and right would be more suitable for blazers/sportscoats.

Different types of breast pockets. The bottom one is typical for a suit jacket, and the top is sometimes used for casual jackets.

Lined vs partially lined. For hotter places, people usually opt for partially lined and breathable fabrics.

Made my mind up. When I graduate I'm treating myself to a pair of Alden Indys. Been wanting a pair for years now

Back
Top Bottom