Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I've really grown to appreciate this guys style.

http://stanleyvanburen.tumblr.com/

Thanks for sharing. A lot of clean looks from this dude. Skinny guy pulling the gf with mass too can't hate on that :pimp:

They're married now, iirc the event was broadcasted live on SF too. His wife understands his internet buddies and joins in the waywt more often now.

Yep, it's been cool to see Mrs. SVB joining in on his pics lately.

:lol: Chris is a cool dude! For a while I thought SVB was actually his real name.

For those looking for good quality, affordable, durable, slim figure-flattering work attire I want to highly recommend the following:

Shirts: Brooks Brothers slim fit

Pants: Banana Republic tailored slim fit

I've tried many different brands for both shirts and pants and it seemed like if there wasn't a fit issue there was a quality issue. I'm finally satisfied with the fits mentioned above. I'm 5'8" 140 lbs with an athletic build for reference.

I can post my work fit from today later which shows how both these articles of clothing fit together.

At those measurements, I would think that you would need Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit; have you ever tried them?

Picked up some jcrew pieces on Mr Porter last night before I got the email about the sale. Two polos and a hoody. Pretty excited since I got it all at the price of just the sweater. Jcrew never seems to hit 50% off for the good stuff so I am content.

Last edited:
Suggestions for a 2nd suit (color).. primarily used for networking events, etc? I went with plain navy for my first MTM so I want something with a bit more personality. I'm thinking lighter grey windowpane/plaid but it's really hard to fine a nice looking windowpane (IMO). Hmm...

I would def go with grey. I normally suggest suit supply but they don't have many grey check suits. The ones they do have a 999 and I feel like you can find a better suit for around the same price

i weigh 20 pounds more than you and could still have my BB ESF shirts taken in about a half inch of each side if i wanted to be really picky. i can't imagine the slim fit being a good fit

Suggestions for a 2nd suit (color).. primarily used for networking events, etc? I went with plain navy for my first MTM so I want something with a bit more personality. I'm thinking lighter grey windowpane/plaid but it's really hard to fine a nice looking windowpane (IMO). Hmm...
Get another plain colored. Either charcoal or gray

Anyone know wher I could find some moccasins similar to these in a 12 and maybe half the price? 
nerd.gif

After the whole debate about sneakers and how people maturing started giving them up, I decided to rebel, so today I wore an urban fit, with skater Vans Off the wall shades and Superstars

And thanks for the feedback on my last post Carlin :D

Anyone know wher I could find some moccasins similar to these in a 12 and maybe half the price? 
nerd.gif

You can try Minnetonka they can usually be had for around 50,while they don't look exactly the same I would go with L.L. Bean,they literally invented the camp moc,have hand sewn uppers and can be had for around 80$....

I would go Grey glen plaid similar to Adrian's infamous one from the TSB contest or to be honest, I think a lighter color grey stands out as well.

i weigh 20 pounds more than you and could still have my BB ESF shirts taken in about a half inch of each side if i wanted to be really picky. i can't imagine the slim fit being a good fit

I'm saying :lol:

Back
Top Bottom