Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Persistence. It gets frustrating as hell sometimes man. I literally just try to hit as many places as possible in one outing. Also, I only look for specific types of things. For example, scanning through shoes takes damn near no time. That's my priority. Also being that I've noticed most blazers I pick up are heavy weight, I'm not even going through them now since its too hot. As for shirts/pants, it's rare that I ever find any in my size so I will only on occasion search through that section. The only other places I check out are ties, belts, and bags.

Oh, and I ALWAYS check the miscellaneous section looking for a shoe shine valet/box. That would be the one of the best things I could ever find. I want one so god damn bad, just don't want to have to buy online :rolleyes
Everytime I check the coat racks I hear 80s music in my head.

I've gone to about 5 or 6 goodwill and never bought anything. The best thing I found was a YSL blazer but it was damaged and they wanted like $60.

Moving to the city soon (DC), looking for a good bag to carry, mainly for brown bag lunch, water bottle, and some paperwork, maybe workout clothes sometimes

Anyone have any suggestions on what they use? I'd prefer a sporty-type bag, maybe a duffle?

I was looking at this but have no idea on quality (need it to last) or better options in this price range ($100 max). Thanks
http://shop.herschelsupply.com/novel-duffel-644.html

Last edited:
Moving to the city soon (DC), looking for a good bag to carry, mainly for brown bag lunch, water bottle, and some paperwork, maybe workout clothes sometimes

Anyone have any suggestions on what they use? I'd prefer a sporty-type bag, maybe a duffle?

I was looking at this but have no idea on quality (need it to last) or better options in this price range ($100 max). Thanks
http://shop.herschelsupply.com/novel-duffel-644.html
You're not going to get a really high quality bag at around $100, man. Sorry to say.

If you plan on putting all of those, you will need a big bag and it will be heavy too.

Do it. Been saying I'll get a 257 for a while now and just never got around to it

Been debating about the Original Briefcase or the Briefcase Computer Bag, I lug around my 15' MBP from time to time so I feel the OB will be too small, but the BCB doesn't have the Navy option, and that is the color I want.

Might have to get a 13' MBP for the OB, :lol:

I think the 256 will carry a 15" fine. I'm getting the 257 to carry mine and textbooks. There's a guy on SF who usually sales them below retail
I know when I was really considering one last summer he had 256 for like 190

I don't see how y'all do it. I went a couple of weeks ago with my girl and found nothing. Got fed up with looking through the clothes so spent most of my time looking through crates of records, and most of those were uninteresting.
Persistence. It gets frustrating as hell sometimes man. I literally just try to hit as many places as possible in one outing. Also, I only look for specific types of things. For example, scanning through shoes takes damn near no time. That's my priority. Also being that I've noticed most blazers I pick up are heavy weight, I'm not even going through them now since its too hot. As for shirts/pants, it's rare that I ever find any in my size so I will only on occasion search through that section. The only other places I check out are ties, belts, and bags.

Oh, and I ALWAYS check the miscellaneous section looking for a shoe shine valet/box. That would be the one of the best things I could ever find. I want one so god damn bad, just don't want to have to buy online :rolleyes

Do you go to spots due to recommendations, or kind of just google random goodwills and drive over there?
That was actually the first place I ever went to on a recommendation. Most people I know don't thrift. I literally do what you just said. I google places. Not just goodwills though. I'm willing to check out almost every thrift spot I can find in my area/area I'm at for the day.

This dude has the best thrift shops ever around his way :pimp:
His new name is Yung Thrifty.

Yung "Slaydrian" Thrifty
:lol: Y'all are too much

Should be some good stuff. My calendar is marked!

Should be some good stuff. My calendar is marked!

Why was that one guy upset. The women and kids sale is always before the mens sale, which has always been about the 14 or 15 of june.

Last edited:
Why was that one guy upset. The women and kids sale is always before the mens sale, which has always been about the 14 or 15 of june.
I don't think he was upset, just the way he types. Some people do that and use a lot of exclamation marks to imply excitement. He probably is not a regular so he's unaware of the semi annual sale.

Back when I was into TR and 7 jeans, I went to the sale during opening day. I believe they opened the store at 7AM or so, and it was real...there were at least 40 people lined up :lol:

Last edited:
It's about time for a Mr Porter summer sale isn't it?

Sale started, just have to browse through the brands/items, they aren't sorted yet but lots are marked down. They will likely announce and sort it out tomorrow or Tuesday.

Yeah I'm just convinced that there's nothing in the ones I go to. Going to try some of the smaller towns next time I go.

It's about time for a Mr Porter summer sale isn't it?

From what I'm hearing there wont be a Founder sale, it will go straight to sale.

No more founders sale but they had the VIP sale about 2 weeks ago, almost all items were 50% off and that is why a lot of sizes are gone from popular items in the current sale.

No more founders sale but they had the VIP sale about 2 weeks ago, almost all items were 50% off and that is why a lot of sizes are gone from popular items in the current sale.

JUst looked through it nothing of interest

i wish BB had some sales more often on the ESF shirts. i wanna get some of the plain colors just to add to my rotation, i've been a bit hesitant to get another BB shirt after i blew out the elbow in one, but i also did it in another shirt so i figured it was just how i was sitting at work etc. The 225 for 3 isn't bad, but cheaper is better :smokin

Back
Top Bottom