Dressing Better Vol 2.0

What are you talking about? I post all of my pick ups including my sneakers here. I sold my collection in the 2000s, wore Chucks for a couple of years, bought luxury sneakers when I got a professional job several years ago, started buying sneakers with those 13s several months ago. How am I lying when everything is posted here, on my blog and Instagram?

Not really sure why you're coming out with the hate when I've never attacked you.
it wasn't meant to be hate bro. I was showing how you still have a love for sneakers even though you sold most of them and are on this dressing better point in your life.

You always been good folk to me...even when you made sure to tell us you had a BMW 
laugh.gif

Didn't mean to come off as an attack on you

Jus curious Wis how old are u? I'm 25 now and really considering getting rid of almost everything. I have a lot going on in my life and I have already reduced my collection dramatically but its still a big piece of my life just because it is kinda something I worked really hard to build. As I'm growing and maturing I'm realizing I have no need for so many sneaks I guess its just a bad habit to break.
I'm 27. Will turn 28 in Nov.

I was at a point where I almost rented a storage for my sneakers. I used the money to spend on going out with friends and started buying new clothes after the weight lost. My close friends got out of the collecting thing around the same time. I remember we used to drive around skate shops looking for the newest SBs :lol:

I'll still buy sneakers at retail if I like them but no way am I paying over retail for anything.

I understand your sentimental. Sneakers are what got me interested in fashion. This is why I doubled on the black, white, and red 13s and black, red 11s. Those were childhood favs for me. But I don't buy every release or hyped strike or whatever anymore.

01 bred 11s financed my first pair of AEs :\
I sold those bad boys for $160 back in 2003 or something. They were worn a lot too.
Bought mine DS off of NT back in like 07 for $200. Wore a few hundred times easily! Then flipped em two christmases ago to my boy's friend who was walking down my dorm hall at 1AM. Son gave me a cool $275 cash. :wow: :smokin 8) :pimp:
Mind you, I kept them sh*ts clean....but still!

Last edited:
Bought mine DS off of NT back in like 07 for $200. Wore a few hundred times easily! Then flipped em two christmases ago to my boy's friend who was walking down my dorm hall at 1AM. Son gave me a cool $275 cash. :wow: :smokin 8) :pimp:
Mind you, I kept them sh*ts clean....but still!
:lol: dude had vivid memory of 1AM and all. I didn't even know people camped out for shoes or shoe stores opened early until those Concord 11s came out earlier in the year. Before that, I just go at 10AM to buy the sneakers :lol: I remember arriving 30 mins before the shoe store opened, and got a pair with no problem. Ended up selling on Craigslist to a local dude.

it wasn't meant to be hate bro. I was showing how you still have a love for sneakers even though you sold most of them and are on this dressing better point in your life.

You always been good folk to me...even when you made sure to tell us you had a BMW 
laugh.gif

Didn't mean to come off as an attack on you
Gotcha.
:lol: I used to be really into cars, that was also why I stopped buying sneakers...it was either saving up for sneakers or car parts. I chose the latter. I've been on NT since my HS days so everything was posted at some point. I even met some good car enthusiasts from here :lol:

Yeah, I used to surprise a lot of the workers at the shoe stores at the local mall when I would go in and talk about sneakers about the releases and such. I don't even know how HS and college kids are keeping up. $125 used to be for retros, and $150 were for the new Jordans. Now the retros are $160 and Lebrons are almost $300!

EDIT: good luck with your marriage and God bless!

Last edited:
sheep. This thread be giving folk entitled e-personas. Dressing Better is a fad for most of this thread. 

There's no balance. It's "dressing better" 100% or nothing when it can easily be 50/50 like sarg does with his Kobes.

Wis be lying cause he just picked up some J's and has some KDs, sure, he's wearing them with high water shorts, but his inner sneaker love is still peaking thru.

You wont change my mind and I wont try and change yours but "dressing better" doesn't give you an identity just cause you start wearing smedium shorts and shirts, and suits for recreational activities.

End Rant. 

Thank you Sarg for the input on suits through PM. Bought 2. Brooks and one being made by a tailor in downtown.

No problem man I'm glad you found a couple suits that you liked and were to your liking fit wise. I wouldn't say Wis is lying but I see what you mean about the kicks thing. I honestly rarely wear sneakers nowadays as I prefer my dress shoes and Tom's over them to be honest. I don't think dressing better is a fad for most people in the thread, dressing better is simply wearing things that fit well and into your aesthetic whether it's sneakers or wingtips IMO.

That is so fly man. how much was it?
Pretty embarrassed, man. I just went in to say hi to my friends, saw the shirt and it fits perfectly...no will power. It was $310 marked down to $190. Apparently there's a short and blazer with the same bird pattern, but they're sold out. I sure hope I see Wade or Russell with the full bird outfit soon :lol:

BRRRR.

No problem man I'm glad you found a couple suits that you liked and were to your liking fit wise. I wouldn't say Wis is lying but I see what you mean about the kicks thing. I honestly rarely wear sneakers nowadays as I prefer my dress shoes and Tom's over them to be honest. I don't think dressing better is a fad for most people in the thread, dressing better is simply wearing things that fit well and into your aesthetic whether it's sneakers or wingtips IMO.
it was more of a sarcastic lying but we straightened that out.

I've been knowing and messing with wis since he wore that small mickey t-shirt at the summitt
laugh.gif

I've been knowing and messing with wis since he wore that small mickey t-shirt at the summitt
laugh.gif
Wait...who are you? :nerd:

It was a size large, man :lol:

That and the yellow CA is for haters were my fav 100s shirts.

Pretty embarrassed, man. I just went in to say hi to my friends, saw the shirt and it fits perfectly...no will power. It was $310 marked down to $190. Apparently there's a short and blazer with the same bird pattern, but they're sold out. I sure hope I see Wade or Russell with the full bird outfit soon :lol:

BRRRR.

Damn, if it was around 100 I was going to tell you to grab me one. I want a shirt with all over print like that

Damn, if it was around 100 I was going to tell you to grab me one. I want a shirt with all over print like that
Be on the look out, man. The sale just started last week. After a couple of weeks, they get marked down a second time. I think after the 3rd time, they get sent to the warehouse and they'll be on the barneyswarehouse.com website.

laugh.gif

I saw apparently while I was typing too lol. Looking forward to seeing your pics from the wedding.

This dude has the best thrift shops ever around his way :pimp:

its jersey, you'd be amazed at the stuff you see people tossin.
This.

Just gotta consistently check spots even if you have never had luck there before. I went to a place recommended by a friend, bust. Went to a goodwill that I've never had luck at and after sifting and jumping (literally) into a pile of suitcases, I found the duffle. Finally went to another goodwill where I've found two pairs of Allen Edmonds, a pair of Too Boot New Yorks, some Bass loafers for my dad, a perfectly fitting heavy wool blazer, and a pair of Jordan 20 Stealths in past trips....today was an absolute failure there. Damn near no men's shoes whatsoever. But I won't let that deter me. I've found gold before. I'm going for gold next.
:pimp:

Too many hipsters in LA, you never find nothing, :lol:
I hit thrift spots in soho back in April. Man F**K thrifting in NY. Hipsters made those prices sky rocket. I'm sorry, no I will not buy your BEAT UP florsheim imperials for $120. I'll just head back into jersey and find them for $6...thanks though :smh: :x

I don't see how y'all do it. I went a couple of weeks ago with my girl and found nothing. Got fed up with looking through the clothes so spent most of my time looking through crates of records, and most of those were uninteresting.

I don't see how y'all do it. I went a couple of weeks ago with my girl and found nothing. Got fed up with looking through the clothes so spent most of my time looking through crates of records, and most of those were uninteresting.
Persistence. It gets frustrating as hell sometimes man. I literally just try to hit as many places as possible in one outing. Also, I only look for specific types of things. For example, scanning through shoes takes damn near no time. That's my priority. Also being that I've noticed most blazers I pick up are heavy weight, I'm not even going through them now since its too hot. As for shirts/pants, it's rare that I ever find any in my size so I will only on occasion search through that section. The only other places I check out are ties, belts, and bags.

Oh, and I ALWAYS check the miscellaneous section looking for a shoe shine valet/box. That would be the one of the best things I could ever find. I want one so god damn bad, just don't want to have to buy online :rolleyes

Last edited:
Yeah I'm just convinced that there's nothing in the ones I go to. Going to try some of the smaller towns next time I go.

It's about time for a Mr Porter summer sale isn't it?

Yeah I'm just convinced that there's nothing in the ones I go to. Going to try some of the smaller towns next time I go.

It's about time for a Mr Porter summer sale isn't it?

From what I'm hearing there wont be a Founder sale, it will go straight to sale.

Ha good, because I'm not part of the founders. I've missed out on stuff the last two sales. Hopefully I don't miss again

Back
Top Bottom