Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Hey DBNT
My name's Jeff and I've been following you guys for a while and getting updates from a fellow NTer Pinoy732. I've been in some of his posts before but until now have not made a personal account. He had told me a few times to get one but I believed my style reflected his too closely and would just be a mirrored image of his posts. After a year of trying to dress better and develop my own style through building my wardrobe and taking influences from everywhere I could find, I'm thinking that I have a better idea of what I like. I'm hoping to find further influences here as well as some pointers but like Adrian, I'm not in a real career yet and as such have built much of my wardrobe through thrifting and some deals where I could find them. I'm hoping to become a contributer to the DBNT thread and will be posting as I can.

Go away, no one wants you or your kind here... >:

Just kidding man, welcome aboard... :tongue:

Hey DBNT
My name's Jeff and I've been following you guys for a while and getting updates from a fellow NTer Pinoy732. I've been in some of his posts before but until now have not made a personal account. He had told me a few times to get one but I believed my style reflected his too closely and would just be a mirrored image of his posts. After a year of trying to dress better and develop my own style through building my wardrobe and taking influences from everywhere I could find, I'm thinking that I have a better idea of what I like. I'm hoping to find further influences here as well as some pointers but like Adrian, I'm not in a real career yet and as such have built much of my wardrobe through thrifting and some deals where I could find them. I'm hoping to become a contributer to the DBNT thread and will be posting as I can.

9lbtkz.gif

2r5rcky.gif

Tempted to cop some Thom trousers but I'm not sure how often I would use it. The rise is super high. Pants sit like an inch above the belly button :lol:

Hey DBNT

Oh so your the other guy in all his pictures.

Show us how dark the navy is. Personally though, I believe both dark brown and walnut work fine with navy suits of all colors. I have a pretty midnight navy looking one and have done both shades of brown no problem. All depends on preference.

this is the suit
http://factory.jcrew.com/mens-clothing/suiting/PRDOVR~47226/47226.jsp?color_name=navy
Dude both colorways would look great. My preference would go to walnut.

Welcome Jeff, world famous lurker of Pinoy's pics! j/k :lol:

Hey DBNT

Oh so your the other guy in all his pictures.
Yep this is the guy haha. Welcome to the brotherhood fam. :smokin

Btw, work should be starting Thursday (weird point, I know) but in a few weeks, that bread should be a little high. Plan is to finally buy a navy suit :wow:
Should I go with a ludlow or check out suit supply?

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/TheLudlowShop/PRDOVR~41794/41794.jsp
or
http://us.suitsupply.com/suits/suit...v1=Napoli|Washington&prefn2=color&prefv2=Blue

Thanks in advance

I tried on that navy one last time I went and if it wasn't for the fact that I want a 3 piece navy I would have gotten it. The fit is great and the fabric is amazing. Considering that the ludlow price is actually more, go the SuitSupply route.

Btw, work should be starting Thursday (weird point, I know) but in a few weeks, that bread should be a little high. Plan is to finally buy a navy suit :wow:
Should I go with a ludlow or check out suit supply?

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/TheLudlowShop/PRDOVR~41794/41794.jsp
or
http://us.suitsupply.com/suits/suit...v1=Napoli|Washington&prefn2=color&prefv2=Blue

Thanks in advance

I tried on that navy one last time I went and if it wasn't for the fact that I want a 3 piece navy I would have gotten it. The fit is great and the fabric is amazing. Considering that the ludlow price is actually more, go the SuitSupply route.
I definitely will go in stores to try on before I purchase. What worries me is that I believe the Napoli fit will need more tailoring for the pants. I assume a hem and taper is necessary. Hopefully the waist and sleeve length is fine. As for the ludlow, although its more retail wise, I know JCrew is always doing at least a 25-30% off along with a student discount. I would never buy at full price and with those discounts, it puts the price points around the same.

However, I still am leaning more towards SuitSupply. This is considered MTM correct?

Oh and Serg, when I come up to try it on, let's get lunch my man. :pimp:

Might I ask why there are 2 of these threads and both of them are in General instead of Showcase Forum ?

Somebody must have accidentally posted in there so others starting posting who, like you, didn't know the difference.

This thread is in general because it makes more sense for it to be here than sneaker showcase.

Might I ask why there are 2 of these threads and both of them are in General instead of Showcase Forum ?

Somebody must have accidentally posted in there so others starting posting who, like you, didn't know the difference.

This thread is in general because it makes more sense for it to be here than sneaker showcase.
It's supposed to be more informative rather than a wdywt focus.

I definitely will go in stores to try on before I purchase. What worries me is that I believe the Napoli fit will need more tailoring for the pants. I assume a hem and taper is necessary. Hopefully the waist and sleeve length is fine. As for the ludlow, although its more retail wise, I know JCrew is always doing at least a 25-30% off along with a student discount. I would never buy at full price and with those discounts, it puts the price points around the same.

However, I still am leaning more towards SuitSupply. This is considered MTM correct?

suiting is usually excluded from extra 25-30% off sales at jcrew

Let me know when you do go. This could work depending on the day as we are entering exams for the next couple of weeks and depending if I proctor or not I may be able to leave early and meet up. Don't be surprised if we both walk out with the damn suit too lol.

Regarding the MTM it's not, they have a MTM line but that starts at $900. They pretty much have their suits there and they'll alter it to your liking within a day or two. All their jackets have working cuffs so they adjust from the shoulder for sleeve length, hem and taper are relatively cheap. MTM you probably should go Indochino or Black Lapel. At $900 for MTM then should probably go with Michael Andrews Bespoke MTM suits that start at the same price...maybe we should stop there too :tongue:

It's supposed to be more informative rather than a wdywt focus.

This thread is just Celebs rockin heat/fly gear X wdywt . Def belongs in Showcase forum.

CT shirt finally came in, and I must say I like this fit better than the BB ESF. I'll post pics Friday.

Also heads up. Joby has 20% off sale, I'm going to go ahead and get that gorilla arm tripod

Back
Top Bottom