Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I did it, guys!

Will post better pics when I get them.
This is great! Congratulations Tim :pimp:

I definitely will go in stores to try on before I purchase. What worries me is that I believe the Napoli fit will need more tailoring for the pants. I assume a hem and taper is necessary. Hopefully the waist and sleeve length is fine. As for the ludlow, although its more retail wise, I know JCrew is always doing at least a 25-30% off along with a student discount. I would never buy at full price and with those discounts, it puts the price points around the same.

However, I still am leaning more towards SuitSupply. This is considered MTM correct?

Oh and Serg, when I come up to try it on, let's get lunch my man. :pimp:

suiting is usually excluded from extra 25-30% off sales at jcrew
..crap

I definitely will go in stores to try on before I purchase. What worries me is that I believe the Napoli fit will need more tailoring for the pants. I assume a hem and taper is necessary. Hopefully the waist and sleeve length is fine. As for the ludlow, although its more retail wise, I know JCrew is always doing at least a 25-30% off along with a student discount. I would never buy at full price and with those discounts, it puts the price points around the same.

However, I still am leaning more towards SuitSupply. This is considered MTM correct?

Oh and Serg, when I come up to try it on, let's get lunch my man. :pimp:

Let me know when you do go. This could work depending on the day as we are entering exams for the next couple of weeks and depending if I proctor or not I may be able to leave early and meet up. Don't be surprised if we both walk out with the damn suit too lol.

Regarding the MTM it's not, they have a MTM line but that starts at $900. They pretty much have their suits there and they'll alter it to your liking within a day or two. All their jackets have working cuffs so they adjust from the shoulder for sleeve length, hem and taper are relatively cheap. MTM you probably should go Indochino or Black Lapel. At $900 for MTM then should probably go with Michael Andrews Bespoke MTM suits that start at the same price...maybe we should stop there too :tongue:
I prob wouldn't make the purchase for a few weeks but it definitely would be on like a Saturday Serg so I don't wanna hear that I have school crap haha! As for the alterations for SS, do you think if we stopped by early in the day, it would be ready for pick up later on that same day?

And as for MAB..not ready for that just yet :lol:. Dropping $500 on this suit would be the most expensive purchase I've ever made to date.
(Yeah guys, I'm young. Sue me)

Okay, let me get your opinions on this since homie posted his wedding pics.

How do you guys feel about wearing a navy tux for your wedding? I was thinking about wearing a midnight navy tux with a shawl collar and having my groomsmen just wear navy suits. Brought this up with my girl (we're nowhere near thinking about getting married) and she was completely against it. What do y'all think?

How do you guys feel about wearing a navy tux for your wedding? I was thinking about wearing a midnight navy tux with a shawl collar and having my groomsmen just wear navy suits. Brought this up with my girl (we're nowhere near thinking about getting married) and she was completely against it. What do y'all think?
Nah man eff that. I am seriously no where near getting married in the slightest. But I am so doing navy tux with black shawl collar as well. Play on playa :pimp:

What chu mean? Ain't you heard? I'm famous now B.
#QueezeThaGod :pimp:

thanks yall!

midnight navy tux shawl collar is exactly what i did. panty wetter for sure! :smokin

Last edited:
Correction male models wearing heat/fly gear X wdywt....

but still there is very little of that. Most of it is discussion. But I see what you mean, this could be in sneaker showcase. The OG thread was posted in general just because OP asked a question about stepping up his wardrobe and since then it has transformed into what you see today :nthat:.

Might I ask why there are 2 of these threads and both of them are in General instead of Showcase Forum ?

Somebody must have accidentally posted in there so others starting posting who, like you, didn't know the difference.

This thread is in general because it makes more sense for it to be here than sneaker showcase.
It's supposed to be more informative rather than a wdywt focus.

This thread is just Celebs rockin heat/fly gear X wdywt . Def belongs in Showcase forum.

No... just no.

Last edited:
Nah man eff that. I am seriously no where near getting married in the slightest. But I am so doing navy tux with black shawl collar as well. Play on playa :pimp:

midnight navy tux shawl collar is exactly what i did. panty wetter for sure! :smokin

I knew I wasn't the only one thinking that! I'm going to do it and if she doesn't like it she can kick rocks :lol:....marriage ended over sartorial dispute

This is great! Congratulations Tim :pimp:
..crap
I prob wouldn't make the purchase for a few weeks but it definitely would be on like a Saturday Serg so I don't wanna hear that I have school crap haha! As for the alterations for SS, do you think if we stopped by early in the day, it would be ready for pick up later on that same day?

And as for MAB..not ready for that just yet :lol:. Dropping $500 on this suit would be the most expensive purchase I've ever made to date.
(Yeah guys, I'm young. Sue me)

Let me know what Saturday, as my Saturday's are set aside for wifey and I...that's what happens when you leave your house at 6am and get home at 7:30pm...daily. We'll make it work though.

I know for hem and tapering it's about a 1-2 hour turnaround so I definitely think so.

It's YOUR wedding so yes you should do it. I don't know why she would be against a navy tux versus a black tux. Man I wish I could go back and change what I wore for my wedding.

Last edited:
Congratulations to my dude tee eye ehm!!!

That tux is a thing of beauty, as is your wife. Looks like the wedding was a blast. :pimp:

Let me know what Saturday, as my Saturday's are set aside for wifey and I...that's what happens when you leave your house at 6am and get home at 7:30pm...daily. We'll make it work though.

I know for hem and tapering it's about a 1-2 hour turnaround so I definitely think so.
It's YOUR wedding so yes you should do it. I don't know why she would be against a navy tux versus a black tux. Man I wish I could go back and change what I wore for my wedding.

I wouldn't care about anything else other than what I'm wearing and I need at least one Sade song played at the reception. Everything else my bride can do whatever she wants

Grats Tim.

Do it but I'd make the groomsmen wear black so that you as the groom stands out more, it is your wedding after all.

Last edited:
Hey guys have any you guys seen the suits at Target. My nephew had prom and his Merona suit from Target was mind blowing. My sis gave him 1000k for prom and graduation so this dude went and got a Target suit (jacket vest pants) for $30 (disco cause he works there). Took it to a tailor and it looked like it cost the whole grand. He said tailoring was like $60. He said he sized down to minimize tailoring. The suit itself seemed solid for the price and that it was from Target.

This lil thundercat got me looking at Target.

^Thanks my man. I'll have to check out express sometime. I've been in once or twice but the quality always seemed so poor it's kept me from buying anything. If I could catch that suit on one of their sales that would be tempting!

Btw, work should be starting Thursday (weird point, I know) but in a few weeks, that bread should be a little high. Plan is to finally buy a navy suit :wow:
Should I go with a ludlow or check out suit supply?

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/TheLudlowShop/PRDOVR~41794/41794.jsp
or
http://us.suitsupply.com/suits/suit...v1=Napoli|Washington&prefn2=color&prefv2=Blue

Thanks in advance
I'd go with the Suitsupply route if you can be fitted in person, man. I tried the Ludlow suit on before at the Men's Shop and IMO it fits horrible and is way overpriced.

I did it, guys!

Will post better pics when I get them.
Congrats, dude!

Why weren't we invited though? :frown:

ok chief. you clearly haven't read a single post in this thread
:lol: Rob is being nice today.

Congrats, Timgod.
:lol: I thought this guy lost his mind and was talking to himself.

Hey guys have any you guys seen the suits at Target. My nephew had prom and his Merona suit from Target was mind blowing. My sis gave him 1000k for prom and graduation so this dude went and got a Target suit (jacket vest pants) for $30 (disco cause he works there). Took it to a tailor and it looked like it cost the whole grand. He said tailoring was like $60. He said he sized down to minimize tailoring. The suit itself seemed solid for the price and that it was from Target.

This lil thundercat got me looking at Target.
Your sister gave him $1000k? That's a million, my man. Balling! :wink:

Pick up from earlier today:

Back
Top Bottom