Dressing Better Vol 2.0

So I have a pretty basic question...

I'm going to a super fancy dinner with my girl on Sunday...sort of a celebration, we've been through a tough time this month with some personal issues and we're just going to have a good time and celebrate.

I want to wear a charcoal vest and pants but struggling with shirt / tie / shoes combo with it.

I know a dark grey / charcoal is easy to match but I figure I'd throw the question out to the public.

Is white shirt with black tie/skinny tie too simple? black shoes would be the way to go with a dark grey outfit like this I'm assuming

thanks

Venom, simple is always good. It's all in the way it fits. Also maybe add a hit some color somewhere to compliment your lady. Enjoy, relationships can be rough at times.

Great looking suit C. I was actually looking at their site last night. Might either order from there or thick as thieves instead of SS for my navy suit. Which style did you cop?

So I have a pretty basic question...

I'm going to a super fancy dinner with my girl on Sunday...sort of a celebration, we've been through a tough time this month with some personal issues and we're just going to have a good time and celebrate.

I want to wear a charcoal vest and pants but struggling with shirt / tie / shoes combo with it.

I know a dark grey / charcoal is easy to match but I figure I'd throw the question out to the public.

Is white shirt with black tie/skinny tie too simple? black shoes would be the way to go with a dark grey outfit like this I'm assuming

thanks
When I read dark gray, my first thought was a white shirt.

Your idea will be fine, man. Simple is nice. Real eyes can appreciate simple colors as long as everything fits.

I've also worn the outfit you mentioned and used brown shoes in lieu if black, hard to go wrong.

Enjoy the night :smile:

Great looking suit C. I was actually looking at their site last night. Might either order from there or thick as thieves instead of SS for my navy suit. Which style did you cop?
Thanks everyone, this is the light charcoal blue. My first measurements were pretty spot on, so I am going to get a few more probably.-Do you guys think if I increase the width on the sleeves, it would reduce the bunching/wrinkling?

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, this is the light charcoal blue. My first measurements were pretty spot on, so I am going to get a few more probably.-Do you guys think if I increase the width on the sleeves, it would reduce the bunching/wrinkling?
Doubt it. Look up "sleeve pinch". I'll post about it tonight. I assume this is what you meant. It doesn't look bad in the pic at all though.

Thanks Wis
Any suggestions on dress shoes that can withstand the rain?
Most shoes should be fine as long as you are not standing in the rain for long periods of time. If they are soaked, insert shoe trees and let the soles dry out. Shell cordovan is supposedly more water resistant. I would probably just get some overshoes, such as Swims brand, to protect your shoes.

Thanks Wis

Most shoes should be fine as long as you are not standing in the rain for long periods of time. If they are soaked, insert shoe trees and let the soles dry out. Shell cordovan is supposedly more water resistant. I would probably just get some overshoes, such as Swims brand, to protect your shoes.

Yeap shoe trees are crucial, mine got soaked last week the same ones I wore today, but in the shoe trees and they did their thing. I would also suggest into looking to get rubber soled shoes, as leather bottoms will just be a slippery mess and will let water soak into your shoes.

Outfit for today coming later on but for now, update on AE situation.

Finally got a hold of Cindy, one of the managers at the corporate office, she was on vacation and just was able to return my call today. I explained that the right shoe was too wide and that I'd like to exchange. Also mentioned how if possible, I'd like to cop the Dalton boot and pay out the $170 difference. She was asking me how I won them and I explained it was from the TSB contest, I think she was familiar with it. Apparently AE "Public Relations" bought the shoes and sent them to me.

She then told me she would have no problem swapping out and asked for my email to send a prepaid label. We were about to hang up and then I asked, "Hey, what about the $170. Don't you need my CC?"......She responded saying, "I don't see I stipulation saying you only can have the loafers. How about we just call it even on the swap"
:wow: :wow: :wow:

Couldn't believe it! I ended up dropping the loafers off at UPS when I got outta work and she said the Dalton's should ship out tomorrow or the day after.
Dat. God. Damn. Come. Up.
:smokin

Last edited:
New suit from black lapel

Looking like a million bucks :pimp: :pimp: . Got me thinking of ordering from them now :lol:

Outfit for today coming later on but for now, update on AE situation.

Finally got a hold of Cindy, one of the managers at the corporate office, she was on vacation and just was able to return my call today. I explained that the right shoe was too wide and that I'd like to exchange. Also mentioned how if possible, I'd like to cop the Dalton boot and pay out the $170 difference. She was asking me how I won them and I explained it was from the TSB contest, I think she was familiar with it. Apparently AE "Public Relations" bought the shoes and sent them to me.

She then told me she would have no problem swapping out and asked for my email to send a prepaid label. We were about to hang up and then I asked, "Hey, what about the $170. Don't you need my CC?"......She responded saying, "I don't see I stipulation saying you only can have the loafers. How about we just call it even on the swap"
:wow: :wow: :wow:

Couldn't believe it! I ended up dropping the loafers off at UPS when I got outta work and she said the Dalton's should ship out tomorrow or the day after.
Dat. God. Damn. Come. Up.
:smokin

Bruh, when was the lost time you lost?

Literally, curious.

Back
Top Bottom